• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Amini dropped from U 20 World cup squad

Forum Phoenix

Well if ever there was two games that were chalk and cheese. Congrats to El Salvador. But that was an awful performance. I'm not saying this to be bitter or smug, wait? who the hell am I kidding, but it is happily on topic :) ...

I simply can't imagine a better young Australian player than Amini to have had to come on to break down that defence. Unless perhaps... it was the most prolific goal scorer from our qualifying campaign... Who sat on the bench. Till the 84th minute. While we were chasing a game. While the striker who was on, Taggart, failed to make any impact whatsoever for the entire game... Much like Hoole. Who apart from being having no idea how to defend, was dire in attack. Williams had more impact in his handful of minutes than Hoole did the entire game also.

Subs came faaaaar too late. The other most troubling and bizarre thing to me was that Okon thought there effort was "superb" while we clearly made so many errors, showed a huge lack of composure and any inability to break them down -- with Connor Payne being the one worthy exception. You really know your in trouble when the only player creating is your centre back, we were badly missing a link CAM player tonight. Da Silva fell victim to the inconsistency of youth and was not just marked out of the game, but struggled positionally throughout when he was not being allowed the same degree of space as last game. Not at all unsurprising for a 16 year old. And I'm still incredibly impressed by him, it's a very hard skill, but the great number 10's know how to ghost and get onto the ball when things are at there most tight. Amini can and very likely would have done this for us tonight. Whereas Da Silva, (a credit to his attitude) spent his time chasing down lost causes to the byline and running around perhaps trying to impress with his energy? But in games like this, creative attacking players often have to sacrifice some "intensity" to ghost. But then... you may risk the label of "unfit" or "lazy" too. Was such a joy to watch Perez do this live for the short time we had with him. A player Musti spent a reasonable amount of time alongside and modelling on.

So anyhow, now we have to beat the hosts. Our best chance is if the Turks beat Columbia. And have already topped the group, while simultaneously underestimating us after having watched our poor display tonight.

I was so looking forward to this game. Painful to watch unfortunately.

Roy Law

Dead right about Amini - the one player who can play the killer pass to the feet. Although the Young Socceroos enjoyed long spells of possession and passed and passed the ball they did not, as the late great Bobby Robson would have said, pass the ball with purpose. It is the modern curse of coaching academies and centres of excellence that they teach possession play but not the finer points of defending. Just what the RB was doing for the cross that led to El Salvador's first goal is beyond me. Watching the ball, marking thin air, no sense of danger. Pathetic. Who coaches these kids? Thank goodness we have Patrick in our coaching set-up.

Forum Phoenix

back+to+earth.jpg

Forum Phoenix

Usually I'd agree with that, and that it's to be expected, but for me, it wasn't an "off game" or "off performance" rather the issues being, they appeared over confident, tactically inflexible, and lacking appropriate depth in a critical number 10 role as the major factors. As a side, they're also unbalanced in attack I think, with right wing and Taggart as lone striker for mine being weak areas for us in both games. The consistency of their "passing game" was actually still ok.

true believer

fozzy words before the el Salvador game of "this should be an easy win" haunted me the moment I heard them.
sfc mentality personified by okon , no amni the usual players and the usual result .
pluses mclearn, de silva, brillenta ,geria ,Irvine

dibo

How is it SFC thinking, other than that you don't like it?

It's arrogant thinking, and it's true that SFC are arrogant but it doesn't follow that being arrogant is being like SFC.

Okon's never been at SFC and SBS haven't liked anything about SFC since the days when Harper was still at both SFC and SBS.

It's arrogant thinking of the sort we get when we play Oman at home. It's not the arrogance that is the problem - I want us to swagger into games, dominate the park and grind our opposition into dust through sheer weight of possession and chances.

It's failing to deliver that is the problem. It's going into games imagining that you're Spain and finding out that you're England that is the problem. It's not 'SFC thinking', it's failing to deliver on what is possible with the squad.

Forum Phoenix

fozzy words before the el Salvador game of "this should be an easy win" haunted me the moment I heard them.
sfc mentality personified by okon , no amni the usual players and the usual result .
pluses mclearn, de silva, brillenta ,geria ,Irvine

I think Pain should be on that list too, Chapman also.

And Fosters easy beat line really surprised me when we are a country who had failed to win in ten years. No such thing as an easy game till it's happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred