• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Amini dropped from U 20 World cup squad

Forum Phoenix

(Posted in the "Road to Brazil" thread, but really the discussion doesn't belong there. )

Thoughts on what the deal with Amini not being selected by Okon? He was arguably our best on park against the Netherlands. Gave away a free that cost us, but his second half was immense. He's played a key part in qualification, one of the most mature and experienced players within the u20's squad, playing at one of the worlds most exceptional clubs, and if there is a young footballer with less of an ego, and a warmer nature, I haven't met him.

Reading quotes around like this.... "sources tell me its a personal attack and there are no real justfiable reasons for his exclusion."

You have to take that kind of stuff with a grain of salt. But until there is a reason given, it is a strange, strange exclusion.

Options:

* Okon thinks he doesn't merit a place in the squad? Well, that's just ludicrous.
* His coach at Dortmund didn't want him to go?
* Amini has done something young and very dumb that we are not yet aware of?
* He's going to be called into the socceroos squad due to one of the injury exclusions. Bwahahahahhahhahahahaaha.
* It's personal?
* Random tin foil hat theory... Antonis is the golden child and with no Amini in the squad, the way is made clear? :tinfoilhat:

Thoughts/insights??

Forum Phoenix

Yeah I agree, two interviews and no question means they are either terrible journos, or something else is going on that they don't want to break. But what journo would hold back? It'll break sooner or later regardless.

ryan

I remember the reporters went nuts when Arnold left Djite and Burns out of the Olympic team a few years back. It seems strange that they have been quiet over this one.

Mumbles

(Posted in the "Road to Brazil" thread, but really the discussion doesn't belong there. )

Options:

* Okon thinks he doesn't merit a place in the squad? Well, that's just ludicrous.
* His coach at Dortmund didn't want him to go?
* Amini has done something young and very dumb that we are not yet aware of?
* He's going to be called into the socceroos squad due to one of the injury exclusions. Bwahahahahhahhahahahaaha.
* It's personal?
* Random tin foil hat theory... Antonis is the golden child and with no Amini in the squad, the way is made clear? :tinfoilhat:

Thoughts/insights??

* Dortmund can't stop a player from international duties if the player wants to go. FIFA rules
* Each player has to complete certain criteria to be selected. EG weekly training reports, ASADA training/updates(online), injury reports, ect. I doubt it but seen players dropped for not doing them.
* He's carrying an injury and hasn't submitted a clearance certificate. No clearance, no travel.
* it's personal. Politics ;) ;) ;)

Forum Phoenix

* Dortmund can't stop a player from international duties if the player wants to go. FIFA rules

Yeah that's why I said "doesn't want" not "won't let" he wouldn't be the first player to take their coaches "suggestion" to abstain form international duty.

* Each player has to complete certain criteria to be selected. EG weekly training reports, ASADA training/updates(online), injury reports, ect. I doubt it but seen players dropped for not doing them.

Right, maybe...

* He's carrying an injury and hasn't submitted a clearance certificate. No clearance, no travel.

But we nearly always hear when it's because a player is injured...

* it's personal. Politics ;) ;) ;)

Maybe "both" politics and personal, he seems understandably concerned about the state of Afghanistan from his tweets, and that's obviously a bit of a political minefield? I'm clutching at straws I know, but when I have spoken with him and seen him interact with others, just struck me as such a warm and honest kid that the "personal" bit seems hard to imagine.

The other thing is possible fall outs within the squad I guess, where maybe he's not getting on with a number of others?

Fitness, I doubt it because, A, surely Dortmund demand their players at all levels are in good nick, second his recent performance was excellent.

I saw a pretty girl had tweeted Bozza for an opinion on Musti's non selection. Bozza's never backward in coming forward, and a pretty girl to boot, yet he didn't respond to that either...

It just feels like something weird is going on.

Mumbles

Sharing an opinion on twitter or Facebook is a big no no. :naughty:

It's possible Musti doesn't even know. :unsure:

Best he focuses on Dortmund and build his reputation for senior selection post WC Brazil when the oldies retire.

Forum Phoenix

How far off the pace fitness wise does Dortmund let it's players get? More to the point, he was fit enough to play four defence splitting passes against one of the best football countries in the world that with better finishing should have changed the game. Better be bloody unfit, because I'd rather a fat Musti who is one hell of footballer and can turn a game, than another "athlete".

Still smells to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred