• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Aloisi Our Marquee and Captain for 08/09?

northernspirit

looks like hes waiting till the end of the season, hopefully we can lure him with ACL football - having Urawa at Bluetongue = mouthwatering!

SkipJack

After alot of time thinking on this subject, looking at all the things that you all have come up with i think i got a good 1, Now if we were to keep Johnny Aloisi, Viddy with retire but will stay within the club as a coach of youth or first team, but within staying that we would lose Ian Ferguson. Only due too he wants to be the 1st man. But if we dont get Jonny he will go back overseas for 2 or 3 years then come back to an Australian club.

uncleyellow

I dont think JA will go back OS.
If he did he did do another couple of season OS, he wouldnt have many years left to give to an aussie club.

Andy

The telegraph said that both him and Mark Bridge have received offers from the MLS.

However they're both set to stay in Australia.

Deej

I'd take Bridge too if the price was right.....Aloisi, Bridge, Petrovski and Simon wouldn't be bad.

Greedy little wannabe wants too much cash thou, if Galaxy or Thunder get the nod they will have plenty of cash available and could see him perhaps heading north?

northernspirit

i dont really care where the little turd goes, as for griffiths i want bad injuries to occur to him
ouchvoodooboth.jpg

S

soccersensei

I wondered about Aloisi leaving the field straight away fuming too...???
I did see him get pissed at both Tommy and Hutch for not giving the ball up
to him... BUT REALLY HOPE THAT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS,
but rather its about the constant man handling and lack of due care by the referees.  :redcard:
Week after week they are all over him, and I'd say it would have to be really getting to him...  :redcard:
The guys here to play football, and its certainly not the way its allowed in Spain...Italy... or even the EPL for that matter...  :redcard:
Don't want to create any petty or unhelpful speculations...
but I am interested in hearing some other rational thoughts on the matter?
Or maybe I guess really just hoping someone can put my mind at ease...

serious14

I'd just love to see him more than once every 3 games in a situation where he receives the ball WHILST RUNNING TOWARDS GOAL!!!!!  He's being used in a Viduka/lone striker holding man role at the moment, and quite frankly, that's not what he is about.  That's much more Matty Simon's job....... Simon holds up a beautiful pass from Tommy or Hutch, and uses his (quickly growing) strength to lay it off to Aloisi who's flying past him.  Sasho as a second half sub to act as a poacher to pick up the scraps.

Simple.

S

soccersensei

serious14 said:
  He's being used in a Viduka/lone striker holding man role at the moment, and quite frankly, that's not what he is about.   That's much more Matty Simon's job....... Simon holds up a beautiful pass from Tommy or Hutch, and uses his (quickly growing) strength to lay it of to Aloisi running off him.

Couldn't agree more.

bikinigirl

Costar said:
What has been worrying me was the way he left the field after the game.  Didn't acknowledge the crowd, shake a hand.  Made a beeline for the tunnel with a face like thunder.  He was pissed off big time.  Would love to know if he was sh**ty with the team or the ref for allowing him to be manhandled all game.

. didn't see the manner in which he left the ground, but think it is fair enough for him to be grumpy after another loss - may have been that the result means a lot to him?

. however he was at the after match function happy as ever to interact with the members - the same could not be said for some of his team mates

. as for the manhandling i came up with a theory during his first appearance for us - it is as if the refs are saying: 'you're good enough to cope with all this stuff, you don't need our protection/help - in fact we will be lenient on your markers because they do need our help'

promdi442

So maybe Laurie should be having a bit of whinge in the media to make the refs aware that we are not happy with the situatiuon. The problem is Laurie is not a whinger and takes the good with the bad. He has never used injuries or suspensions as an excuse.

Not like some other coaches  :redcard: (that I wont name) who are always putting in print that their star players should be protected by the referees coz that is who the public have come to see.

S

soccersensei

Interesting thought Promdi, though i do like supporting a "no whinger" team :)

Deej

Jaza_SFC said:
DJ said:
I'd take Bridge too if the price was right.....Aloisi, Bridge, Petrovski and Simon wouldn't be bad.

He's headed this way mate

Does not surprise me in the slightest, Colosimo and Bridge were always going to be Sydney's number 1 targets! Coast were interested but from what I heard was asking for too much money for what he's worth, I think I mentioned on our old forum that Sydney would offer it.

If we lose Aloisi and Mrdja - it's a concern for who our strikers will be next season.

SkipJack

Maybe he already has signed a contract with us, cause he is wearing the captain’s armband tomorrow night, thats what is said on ccmariners.com.au this morning.

dibo

SkipJack said:
Maybe he already has signed a contract with us, cause he is wearing the captains armband tomorrow night, thats what is said on ccmariners.com.au this morning.

celebration of he and his brother playing on the same park for the first time in more than 15 years. i'm not reading too much into it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred