• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Aloisi Our Marquee and Captain for 08/09?

Andy

Mariners, Alosi negotiate another year

By David Davutovic​

THE Mariners' highest-profile signing, John Aloisi, might be based on the Central Coast for another year.

Negotiations will commence within a fortnight with the striker, who is starting to hit his straps, after he indicated that he would like to remain with the Mariners.

"He's indicated that he's got an interest in staying with the club and discussions will get underway shortly," Mariners executive chairman Lyall Gorman said. "I spoke to him and his wife (on Monday night) and they're incredibly happy in the area."

Gorman will first open talks with veteran defender Tony Vidmar, who is understood to be leaning towards retirement.

Should he hang up the boots, it could pave the way for Aloisi - currently an injury replacement for Matthew Osman - to substitute Vidmar as the club's marquee player.

"First we've got to discuss Tony Vidmar's aspirations and get full clarity on that. He's an icon of Australian football," Gorman said.

The Mariners have also offered improved new deals to midfielders John Hutchinson and Mile Jedinak.

S

Sydgirl

Out of respect for Tony Vidmar - that's the way you do things up here. ( I mean there) ;)
Not like in Sydney where they don't give a crap about you! :headbutt:

S

striker

Sydgirl said:
Out of respect for Tony Vidmar - that's the way you do things up here. ( I mean there) ;)
Not like in Sydney where they don't give a crap about you! :headbutt:

no worries, Vidmar will get a good farewell from the mariner's supporters...;)

CCM-JAM80

A likely scenario and one I hope comes to fruition.

I was always thinking Aloisi would only be here for one year (so as not to set myself up for disapointment) and was content with that. If he was to sign for another season, I would be over the moon given Aloisi is one of my all-time favourite footballers.

Let's hope we give a fitting farewell to Vidmar :D

Jeff (LouMacari)

skilbeck said:
if this report is true, why are we waiting to see that vidmar retires before we sign aloisi?
Cause it's stuff like that which has players wanting to play for us I guess. It sends a clear message that they respect their players enormously. goes a long way I rekon.

P

Pete

One of the better things that have come out of Aloisi being us this season has been the obvious benchmark as a player he has set.

Skills, team work, communication, off field behaviour. Good examples to those working with the team and the younger players themselves.

Here is a guy who has come from a top League overseas and his skills on the field show it too. The players (and spectators) can see the polish in his style, the way he can hold off defenders, his ability to turn and shoot, his positioning etc.

The players can now see what level of competency they need to get to, in order to achieve that type of success.

If he signs for another year, I can see a lot of the younger players both in the squad and in the academy drawing a close eye on the way he does things, and adapting to their own playing style.

Andy

On the topic of re-signing players, there is a rumour going round the Budget FC forum that David Zdrilllic will stay at the club, albeit on a much smaller salary.

marinersman

Andy said:
On the topic of re-signing players, there is a rumour going round the Budget FC forum that David Zdrilllic will stay at the club, albeit on a much smaller salary.

They have got to be joking, don't they? He has to be the worst player they have had in their history. I would have thought he would be the first player Kossie got rid of. I'm sure he's talking to plenty of the boys he used to coach in Adelaide.

S

Sydgirl

Oh Bulls***! He deserves $1 a match the way he's been playing.  :fireup:
If we sign him up again, I'm out of there. :headbutt:

fish

zdrillic will be signing for Ourimbah AA5. We are in need of someone to carry the esky and wash the shirts

B

bakery5

Andy said:
your f**king joking.

Andy

Looks like we have a fight on our hands to keep him:

THE Mariners' hopes of keeping star striker John Aloisi will depend on talks likely to start within hours, as other clubs circle a striker with four goals in seven games.

Aloisi's representatives hope to meet with club officials by the end of this week to discuss next season, as the club prepare for Saturday's home clash with Sydney that could put them even closer to the minor premiership.

Aloisi is currently an injury replacement for Matthew Osman but is being courted by other clubs for next season, his agent Paddy Dominguez said.

"It's always been our intention to speak to the Mariners first in good faith, out of simple courtesy, and we'll certainly do that to hear what they have to say," he said.

"We'd like to leave the door open to give them first opportunity but obviously that can't happen in January sometime (the transfer window for Europe opens on January 1).

"There is interest from other clubs and we'll have to see how firm that is. His family's here now so from a lifestyle point of view he's settled.

"There are other clubs in the A-League that could come to the party but we'll speak to the Mariners first and foremost."

Dominguez added that the prospect of playing in Asia should the Mariners win the minor premiership - or the grand final - would be a temptation for Aloisi.

"The Asian Champions League would be a huge attraction - he doesn't just want to win the A-League but also the ACL," he said.

"John feels Australian clubs should easily have enough talent to win it."

Meanwhile, Mariners assistant coach Ian Ferguson has not yet been approached by Scottish side Dumfermline despite having been strongly linked with their vacant manager's position in recent days.

Ferguson was on the short list a year ago when Dunfermline opted to appoint Stephen Kenny, himself fired a few days ago.

But Lawrie McKinna's No. 2, while open about his long-term ambitions to be a head coach, said no one from Dunfermline had this time been in touch.

"There are certain jobs I would go back for to Scotland and Dunfermline is definitely one of them," he said.

"I thought I was close to getting it last time but they went another way and that's part and parcel.

"I don't want to be a No. 2 all my days but I'm still learning my trade under Lawrie and I'm enjoying it. At that time Dunfermline approached me and I was keen to do it but it never happened. I've not heard anything since.

"I'm ambitious and I think Lawrie would appreciate that. I've been grateful for the opportunity and I've worked under a lot of good managers in my time and taken a few things on board.

"One day, if a team did approach, then I'd have to consider it. But no one (from Dunfermline) has been in touch so it's all hypothetical, we're just starting rumours."

Omni

I'm going to keep my pessimism about keeping him.

We need to win the league if we want to keep him.

The Camel

I think alot will depend on whether the Gold Coast are in the A-League next year. Aloisi is currently building a place in the Gold Coast hinterland for his retirement and it has been in the press that he has approached the Galaxy management that he wants to play up here. If they get in next year dont be surpirsed if the first signing is John Aloisi

uncleyellow

I dont think cold coast will come in to it. John wants to win trophies and play in Asia, he has made this really clear, he's not got much chance doing that with an unproven club!

I really think (hope is more it I suppose) that he will stay, its his best shot at asia at the moment . I dont think he will go back OS, he could have stayed there if he wanted...

The only other A league club I see him going to is adelaide... the guys has some morals.

Andy

I doubt he would go to Adelaide.

He's already said that he hated the way that Ross was treated after the GF and he pretty much ruled a move out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred