• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Aloisi Our Marquee and Captain for 08/09?

Andy

marinersman said:
Carle said we he left to go to Turkey that he would only ever play for Scum if he returned.

I know things change in Football, but I'd be suprised to see him go anywhere else.

Yeah, wouldn't go anywhere else. Though it is a great thought.

Nik Mrdjas Disco Bikkie

serious14 said:
Nick Carle is being let go by his Turkish club, perhaps we could snap him up??  I certainly wouldn't say no to him at all.......
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/67503,carles-bristol-move-confirmed.aspx
Going to Bristol City apparently

pjennings

Andy said:
Changed the thread title to go along with this article.

Aloisi ponders his playing future

JOHN ALOISI'S future could be decided within the next 24 hours following talks between the Central Coast Mariners and his agent.

The striker's contract expires in March, and if a new deal cannot be agreed upon a number of A-League clubs are circling - including Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory.

Aloisi has been promised the captaincy of the Mariners if he stays, but Sydney FC have made him a similar offer.

The much-travelled World Cup warrior also has options in Spain, Germany, Scotland and Japan - the nation he scored against in successive games for the Socceroos.

I really do hope he stays with us.

I had the pleasure of meeting him today, he is a really nice bloke and is finding some very good form.

This was really being talked up before - but has now gone quiet. Has anyone heard anything at all?

jaypee

I Heard on the radio this morning that a 2 year upgraded offer was made to Aloisi this week. Hopefully he will sign shortly....

Deej

He's been linked to Adelaide too? I'm sure he'll be linked to Sydney again, perhaps QLD? If we make the asian cup then it will certainly be good ammo to try and persuade him to stay

bobandbill

http://foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23031794-5000940,00.html?from=public_rss

About Lawire making a move on Aloisi's future "by tabling a new and upgraded two-year contract."
Then the article goes on about other clubs's players and injuries. Sounds promising! I feel that if we can secure the premership, Aloisi will sign IMO.

uncleyellow

I dont want to get everyone's hope up as this is just "childcare rumors", but it also may be a positive indication. (God knows we need one after the last few rounds) I have heard thru the vine (and I stress it is all assumption) but Aloisi has Enrolled his kids at certain schools around the traps for next year...

Im hoping and praying that this is a good sign.

Andy

uncleyellow said:
I dont want to get everyone's hope up as this is just "childcare rumors", but it also may be a positive indication. (God knows we need one after the last few rounds) I have heard thru the vine (and I stress it is all assumption) but Aloisi has Enrolled his kids at certain schools around the traps for next year...

Im hoping and praying that this is a good sign.

Same here.

However, I wouldn't look into it that much because Andre Gumprecht's kid is also enrolled at a local school for 2008.

jaypee

Yes but Gumps also has business interest here so he may be resigned to the fact that he is staying but doing that or staying and helping at the academy?

I would love to know if JA is enrolling the kids at private schools or is it Government?

uncleyellow

The school mentioned was in terrigal.
But like I said, take a grain of salt, it was only what I heard.
Would be awesome (understatement?) to secure him for two years.

Jesus

Jesus
From what i hear gumps is on his way to europe next year.

Aloisi could live here and still play for scum or bling, so not much in that.

Also, whether he stays or not, he would need to enroll his kids anyway. Even if he were to leave.

uncleyellow

Good point, I dont know how all that works, I dont have kids.
But he isnt short on Bucks, and if he signed with Bling, he would surley buy closer.
I could never see him playing for the scum! There is after all some system of justice to the universe.

Andy

He would have had to have had them enrolled sometime last year.

He would also be still contracted to us by the time school goes back.

Costar

Wouldn't waste my time trying to read anything into where his kids are enrolled.  Whereever he goes the local school has to take them as they would be local to that school.  If (and I hope not) he up and goes somewhere else his kids can be in a school and sitting on a seat within 24 hours.  Not really a good measure of what he is going to do (unless he's paying big $$ to go send them to a private school).

What has been worrying me was the way he left the field after the game.  Didn't acknowledge the crowd, shake a hand.  Made a beeline for the tunnel with a face like thunder.  He was pissed off big time.  Would love to know if he was sh**ty with the team or the ref for allowing him to be manhandled all game.

Can anyone tell me (simply) the rules about holding another player.  Seems that the rule must have changed since I stopped playing.  At times it looks like the WWF out there.

neverwozza

I'm not sure if there was direction from above but the refs all seemed pretty lenient to any foul play on the weekend.

dibo

Costar said:
Not really a good measure of what he is going to do (unless he's paying big $$ to go send them to a private school).

fingers crossed tomorrows paper carries a story about the new plans for the "John Aloisi Sports Centre" at CCGS or something similar ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred