• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM round 20 CCM vs ownerless bogan scum away

Tevor

Yes they are really hitting their straps and their pressing and ability to maintain it for most of the match is very impressive.The two young CBs,Gurdwood-Reich and Matthews ,are really strong and committed but possibly their relative inexperience could be a minus in finals football.
The success of their press comes down to early goals. They got early early goals against us and the drive byes, they didn’t against City and only had a draw.

Good thing is there is enough time and a game in a few weeks to try and work out how to counter their press. Vuka sending it long for the first 20 minutes might help. Good to see plenty of them get yellows last night, with a high press you need a ref that doesn’t give out the yellows very often.

No doubt they have found a formula that has them now as a form team of the comp. Not easy to beat either.

Michael

I suspect Edmo is going to h get better and better
His impact was his best so far with us, worked hard, good link play. It’ll come, people should know to be patient now.

Good professional win lastnight, not at our absolute best in the final third but midfield was class, defence very solid. What’s that saying about champion teams always finding a way?

And great left foot toe punt niz ???

Huddo

His impact was his best so far with us, worked hard, good link play. It’ll come, people should know to be patient now.

Good professional win lastnight, not at our absolute best in the final third but midfield was class, defence very solid. What’s that saying about champion teams always finding a way?

Really enjoyed his intensity when he came on, was one of the only players going in hard on the tackle. I think his injection at the time lifted the team.

Insertnamehere

Forgot to add on my last post how much I believe we missed Kuol’s mongrel in the front line last night. For those that are still maligning him, just have a look back at the Victory match to see how he changed the dynamic of that game despite not scoring.
Problem for alou is people fixate on the goals. People need to accept alou as a Matt bites year legs off style of player. If he scores 10 goals in a season marvellous but otherwise we want the havoc and fear he causes first.

IMO Alou is a 10-15 goal a season striker but we also need to play more to his style for that to happen.

Wombat

I think his 30 min hatrick was better but he looked excellent yesterday.

My thoughts on the game.......We played ugly but Newcastle harried well. Hard to pick a MOM as no one excelled. Max and Storm both should have scored.
Niz is literally irreplaceable.
Not sure about people saying Torres is unfit he did several 60 metre lung busting runs.
MOM one of Niz, Doka, Brian or Dan. Storm and Tappy were good too.
Good to see Steele back on the pitch.

Put a sly $50 on yesterday when i saw we were paying $2.05. Very kind of you TabCorp.

true believer

Forgot to add on my last post how much I believe we missed Kuol’s mongrel in the front line last night. For those that are still maligning him, just have a look back at the Victory match to see how he changed the dynamic of that game despite not scoring.
yes i believe this is especially true with playing nizzy 10
also possibly some rest time for nizzy could happen with trying doka at 10 :eek:

LFCMariners

There is a Jest fan at work who is part of a group of blokes who call themselves the 3 club i.e they aren’t going to another Jest home game until the club wins 3 games in a row. To which I said “So we’ll be talking about how you liked going back to a Jets game in about 2038, right?”

He said yesterday “You guys will smash us, probably 3-0. Or we’ll score early then you watch, we’ll try and park the bus and you’ll pile on the goals”. I said that it’s CCM at home so the Jets would aim up for this one, you never know…

Got the (nearly 40 minutes delayed) train up with Homer, who apparently was out at his local until near closing time. Went back to his with a mate who busted out the adult wizz fizz and led to them having these D&M’s until after the sun came up. Homer crashed out at last and didn’t wake until 1pm! He looked like a guy who’d had 3 hours sleep, but still wanted me to grab a 4 pack for the ride up. Carriage was full of younger Coastie blokes making the trip up, and they all laughed and cheered as we passed Awaba and Homer yelled AWABAAAAAAA!!!

The game itself?

Definitely felt like the better side all game. Call it arrogance but I never once feared being undone by the Jest. The stats completely correlate with my view of the game. Unlucky for my workmates’ 3-0 prediction not to come true. Stoked for Nizz though, especially after last week’s embarrassing miss.

Y.A and indeed our whole travelling support (again) was brilliant. But I can’t help wonder if there is another level our travelling support would go to, if only the Terrace got bigger/ better organised and pushed us to find that level. Same way Klopp’s LFC aren’t having 90+ seasons if Pep’s City aren’t pushing them to do it and vice-versa. Saying that-

Saw a scuffle between some of the young Terrace blokes and one of our Y.A boys, something about (apparently) picking on a disabled guy? Poor form from our bloke if true, but I dragged Homer away from the confrontation and said let them sort it out in the carpark.

On to a nearby pub for beers, and an ex-capo of ours was there also. He told us to be careful on the walk back to the station for the late train home, and I am pleased to report we got back on the train just fine. And the 6 pack of Bundy and colas Homer brought for the ride did very nicely! FINALLY got to show Homer the video of him off his tree out the front of his place (see post in Unite Round thread) and he was shaking with laughter. Showed it off to these young blokes we were chatting to across the carriage. Unfortunately Homer didn’t remember the stage of the night I was filming him and he was incoherent at the time, so what he was actually going on about will forever be a mystery…

bikinigirl

There is a Jest fan at work who is part of a group of blokes who call themselves the 3 club i.e they aren’t going to another Jest home game until the club wins 3 games in a row. To which I said “So we’ll be talking about how you liked going back to a Jets game in about 2038, right?”

He said yesterday “You guys will smash us, probably 3-0. Or we’ll score early then you watch, we’ll try and park the bus and you’ll pile on the goals”. I said that it’s CCM at home so the Jets would aim up for this one, you never know…

Got the (nearly 40 minutes delayed) train up with Homer, who apparently was out at his local until near closing time. Went back to his with a mate who busted out the adult wizz fizz and led to them having these D&M’s until after the sun came up. Homer crashed out at last and didn’t wake until 1pm! He looked like a guy who’d had 3 hours sleep, but still wanted me to grab a 4 pack for the ride up. Carriage was full of younger Coastie blokes making the trip up, and they all laughed and cheered as we passed Awaba and Homer yelled AWABAAAAAAA!!!

The game itself?

Definitely felt like the better side all game. Call it arrogance but I never once feared being undone by the Jest. The stats completely correlate with my view of the game. Unlucky for my workmates’ 3-0 prediction not to come true. Stoked for Nizz though, especially after last week’s embarrassing miss.

Y.A and indeed our whole travelling support (again) was brilliant. But I can’t help wonder if there is another level our travelling support would go to, if only the Terrace got bigger/ better organised and pushed us to find that level. Same way Klopp’s LFC aren’t having 90+ seasons if Pep’s City aren’t pushing them to do it and vice-versa. Saying that-

Saw a scuffle between some of the young Terrace blokes and one of our Y.A boys, something about (apparently) picking on a disabled guy? Poor form from our bloke if true, but I dragged Homer away from the confrontation and said let them sort it out in the carpark.

On to a nearby pub for beers, and an ex-capo of ours was there also. He told us to be careful on the walk back to the station for the late train home, and I am pleased to report we got back on the train just fine. And the 6 pack of Bundy and colas Homer brought for the ride did very nicely! FINALLY got to show Homer the video of him off his tree out the front of his place (see post in Unite Round thread) and he was shaking with laughter. Showed it off to these young blokes we were chatting to across the carriage. Unfortunately Homer didn’t remember the stage of the night I was filming him and he was incoherent at the time, so what he was actually going on about will forever be a mystery…

. Homer is a friend of yours ;)

Archie

Huge credit to Max, there were many setbacks that affected us to doing such a last minute march but he and everyone else did well, a new generation is coming through the active support and that includes me and I can only see Bay 16 getting better from now and into the future, COYY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred