• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM round 19 CCM vs VUC Sun 5pm Away

turbo

Edmonson did well against Phnom Pen but hasn’t settled into the League yet or made a big impression.
Been a tough window to get the best out of our attack & midfield. Not to mention the team generally not being ready to give service when he makes some great space. We sort that out his figures improve easily.

BaysideMariner

Without knowing the fitness of the players, I would love to see the following line up.
Vuka
Doka Hall Kaltak Paull
Barcellos Tapp Balard Brandtman
Kuol Nisbet

With a debut for Parkes to replace Doka and Hall to move out to RB at about the 60th minute.
My other 2nd half replacements would be Edd for Kuol, Wilson for Balard, Torres for Brandtman, Reec for Nisbet.

Your line up or thoughts?

BaysideMariner

Melbourne Victory are determined to pounce on a tired Central Coast and leapfrog the Mariners into second on the A-League Men table.

After their dramatic injury-time 2-1 win over Western United, Tony Popovic's charges sit third behind the Mariners on wins, with both teams on 31 points - five off leaders Wellington.

The Mariners face a tight turnaround from their dramatic 3-2 AFC Cup zonal final win in extra-time over Macarthur on Thursday night, and head into particularly hostile territory.

Victory are undefeated in all their 14 ALM matches (12 wins, two draws) against the Mariners at AAMI Park.

It's the most games any team has played against another at a single venue in the competition's history without losing.

"We've had two draws (this season), so they've both been very tight encounters, but we're yet to play them here at AAMI Park in front of our fans," Popovic said.

"That (crowd support) can make the difference.

"It's a big game, they had an important win in the AFC Cup and I'm sure they'll come here with confidence."

Popovic played down the impact of Central Coast's 120-minute thriller against the Bulls.

"You can always underestimate the (impact) of fatigue, playing in a big game for 120 minutes. But adrenaline and momentum can help you get through that," he said.

"We were fatigued on Tuesday from Saturday's match and we scored two goals in injury time.

"The mind is a powerful tool and they have a lot of confidence.

"So we certainly wouldn't underestimate them with or without Thursday's game and they'll get the respect they deserve.

"They're the champions of last year and they're having a very good season thus far.

"We expect a tough encounter but we feel here at home we're playing well and we want to build on Tuesday's result."

Victory defender Adama Traore (thigh) is unlikely to feature, nor is new signing Roly Bonevacia.

Mariners counterpart Mark Jackson emphasised the need for recovery, given the tight turnaround.

"It's an opportunity for us to get back to A-League business and keep pushing towards the top end of the table," Jackson said.

"We feel like we're in a good position now but these positions mean nothing.

"We know that we've given ourselves a good base to build on and push in this final part of the season.

"It's a game we're looking forward to. We're gonna be up against a really good team ... we know it's going to be really, really challenging.

"We're ready to recover over the next couple of days and prepare ourselves."

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
WELL, as much football as the boys have been playing , i reckon they can beat PopyaClogs bunch of nitwits , so no biggie COYY

Coastalraider

Without knowing the fitness of the players, I would love to see the following line up.
Vuka
Doka Hall Kaltak Paull
Barcellos Tapp Balard Brandtman
Kuol Nisbet

With a debut for Parkes to replace Doka and Hall to move out to RB at about the 60th minute.
My other 2nd half replacements would be Edd for Kuol, Wilson for Balard, Torres for Brandtman, Reec for Nisbet.

Your line up or thoughts?
I think a real key to us making noise this year at the business end of both comps is going to be a Nizzy/Edmo partnership up front. Both are leaps ahead of the other 10/9 contenders in service and positioning - I want these 2 to play as many minutes as possible together and work on the combo. Both to play 60 and we have others who can fill in the reduced minutes at the back end if need be.

Ads

If Vuc go hard like Sydney did against our tired legs in first 20 minutes will be interesting too see if we can hold them out.

Do we see a very defensive and tactical first 20min where we actively change formation to
4-2-4, or 4-1-4-1 and do a saving legs defensive effort so we defend facing forward rather than them going around and us chasing.

Huddo

If Vuc go hard like Sydney did against our tired legs in first 20 minutes will be interesting too see if we can hold them out.

Do we see a very defensive and tactical first 20min where we actively change formation to
4-2-4, or 4-1-4-1 and do a saving legs defensive effort so we defend facing forward rather than them going around and us chasing.

If they do try a high press (which is what I also expect), it will go against what Popa has done all year, so may upset the apple cart in terms of what the expectations are on their players.

Big Al

Agree i expect a few squad changes with the thought process of attacking with subs later.

With the heat as well i expect us to take the pace out of the game

Victory are actually a good side to play as they don’t like the up and down open style. They are more methodical and last game was a high caliber chess match with not a lot of broken play and i think this will suit us tonight.

Surely if the AAMI park hoodoo is to be broken it will be at the most unexpected time. Just under 3 days after a 120m knock out game where everyone expects us to be tired and rotating has to be a good chance. 2-1 to us. I think we poach and early goal concede under a barrage then come get a winner dominating the last 20mins

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred