• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Round 16 v Bling

Ancient Mariner

This game always had the prospect of being a banana skin. A lot of our better players made very uncharacteristic mistakes and got severely punished for it.
The three games in a week ( 2 in the heat) did not help. Doka suffered from this not having had a lot of match time leading into these three. A mistake by MJ not playing Storm. Have we found the limit of Nizz's batteries, showed he was human.
I think there was a lot to be learned from tonight's game in the use of the squad and who fits where.
Good to see the team come back in the second half.

I seem to remember a mid season slump last year. No worries for the future, this team will bounce back.

Disappointing to see some posters here putting shit on our players. Some players read these forums and listen to pods. The negative rubbish does nothing to help confidence or the positive community vibe that this Club runs on.

gemkayem

This game always had the prospect of being a banana skin. A lot of our better players made very uncharacteristic mistakes and got severely punished for it.
The three games in a week ( 2 in the heat) did not help. Doka suffered from this not having had a lot of match time leading into these three. A mistake by MJ not playing Storm. Have we found the limit of Nizz's batteries, showed he was human.
I think there was a lot to be learned from tonight's game in the use of the squad and who fits where.

I seem to remember a mid season slump last year. No worries for the future, this team will bounce back.

Disappointing to see some posters here putting shit on our players. Some players read these forums and listen to pods. The negative rubbish does nothing to help confidence or the positive community vibe that this Club runs on.
Well said

Insertnamehere

Agree broadly.

People are allowed to be critical of the players. We would hope that its constructive. I would expect that coming here is the least toxic social media they could review.

Huddo

No animosity intended, but they are professionals. If the complaints are justified, and warranted, and presented in a way that isn't to personal, they can cop it.

Most supporters would give there left nut to have the talent to be out there, but they don't ,so all they can do is support. If the team or a player isn't up to scratch why shouldn't it be called out? Because you don't want their feelings hurt? f**k that, this is mens football, if they can't cop the criticism maybe don't be in a public profession.

Spacks

Judging by some of these posts ancient mariner is making snide comments again, Jackson pulling Doka at half time justifies my post. Don't like it? Ignore me, see if I care.

Meerkat

I agree almost entirely with your post.

It’s not always “putting shit on.” Comments saying players are gassed or off their game or even having a shocker, are not unreasonable. At all.

Calling for Doka to have his contract torn up and have him deported over one game was unfair.

Shit happens, players make mistakes and particularly when they are dead tired and the batteries have run flat.

As you said, mostly uncharacteristic mistakes and we can all move on from it.

Corsair

Interesting game. The boys looked extremely tired, understandably. I think it was a mistake not to start Roux and Kuol.

I've never seen so much slipping and sliding the pitch must have been drenched. Was the W league game beforehand the same? Maybe the surface is not up to double headers...

Terrible refereeing.

Hally unfortunately does occasionally have these slips ups, I've come to expect it. He's had a great run of form and one cock up does not undo all that. Mistakes happen.

In adversity you can still find humour. I found myself doing a full Nelson ha ha ? at Wood, that miss was hilarious.

Shame Jing didn't finish his chance, if that got slotted I think it would have fired us up even more.

Faz and Niz both looked completely rooted. They are young and can cope with a lot but we'll start getting injuries if we carry on like this. I can't help wondering if the player of the month for Niz might have been a distraction/disruption. Mostly I think the boys were just tired. Better man management required, hopefully a lesson in there for Jacko.

I was pleased with the step up in the second half and at least we got all the shit out of the way in one game.

Bring on Tuesday, can't wait for the cup match.

LFCMariners

Shit opening 25 minutes, which (considering the midweek trip to Wellington) you could maybe forgive for a sluggish start? Had the feeling of that first game back last season after the WC break when the Jets ambushed us at the same venue.

Saying that, turned it around well 2nd half with the subs and on another night could’ve walked away with a point at least. I expect a better performance Sunday week against WSW, provided we get through the midweek ACL game injury-free.

booney

Sydney pressed us so hard in the first half and the subsequent turnovers really hurt us.However surely Fabio was off side for the first goal and played at it.Grant wasn't and Doka was caught out.The second goal was poor defending-Caceres is as slippery as an eel but was able to run across three players in the box and then have time to slot it home.Third goal was unfortunate-Hall appeared to slip into the cross and the own goal resulted.

Improved second half especially with Roux on for Doka and Reec on for Theoharous who was woeful apart from one good sliding tackle.Nizzy has a terrible first half ,losing the ball and misplacing passes but he did improve in the second half but could not impose himself on the game.However one bad game in the hundred or so he has played for us is a pretty good "batting average".Big Ed made some good runs ,unrewarded by our players( Torres and Theo come to mind).We don't seem to be able to make use of his height in the box.

Farrell kept Lolley quiet but on the day Sydney did not need him.Wood though often going down with a sniper shot did play with enthusiasm and pace and rattled Hall,Kaltak and Danny.How he missed that sitter though was comical but at least it kept the score respectable.

Torres can be selfish but certainly worried their defence with his pace and sleight of foot.He smashed home his goal leaving Redders no chance.Balard worked very hard but did turn over the ball several times in the first half but was safer in possession in the second.Di Pizio could not handle the pace and intensity of the Sydney press and his inexperience showed -however every young player has to experience that pressure and hopefully learn how to handle it.

All in all Sydney deserved their win.Let's hope it was a hiccup and a wake up call.Hopefully we can nail Phnom Penh on Tuesday night( i have to work early the next day so will miss it).

Ancient Mariner

I agree almost entirely with your post.

It’s not always “putting shit on.” Comments saying players are gassed or off their game or even having a shocker, are not unreasonable. At all.

Calling for Doka to have his contract torn up and have him deported over one game was unfair.

Shit happens, players make mistakes and particularly when they are dead tired and the batteries have run flat.

As you said, mostly uncharacteristic mistakes and we can all move on from it.
Fully agree, calling players out when they are having a crook one is the other half of praising them and would be foolish to ignore.
Shouting (capitals) that they should be put on a plane out of here is not constructive.
I seem to remember someone here suggesting that earlier this year that Torres should be put on a plane.
In the past it was Tulio and Benni.
Tonight I saw Nizz's worst game that I can remember. He made mistakes probably because he has played too many minutes. To say it is because he has signed with Sydney is just rubbish and does not reflect well on this forum.
I thought Torres was our best tonight, but he still needs to get his head up and look to others, fair criticism.
Dipizzio struggled possibly through lack of experience but also because he does not yet have the match fitness to do 3 games in a week.
Pointing out some one is having a shocker is fine.
Theorising why, is better, and brings something to the discussion.
Saying someone who has a bad night should got rid of is just crap and should be called out.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred