• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Round 16 v Bling

ccf

Well that was an interesting game. Woods miss, karma got him for all the holding and fouls he didn't get pulled up for. The highlight for us and all around was the waltzing pair in the second half, round and round and round (cant remember for the life of me who it was, too early). As for the ref, his advantages and I will card you at the next stop in play, and showing his watch to say added time will occur - well neither of these did, very average job and not a good look for the league. Boys had a difficult job, 3 games in 7 days added to all the travel but got 4 points from it. Onwards and upwards, we can do this.

Archie

Hopefully we bounce back after this and it should be a reality check that we can't keep winning forever. AFC Cup tuesday night, get there, then we got WSW at home on Sunday @ 5:00 followed by Victory, 2 tough fixtures but after that we've got Bulls, and scum which should be a bit easier but also we are on the road for those ones which could prove difficult. I think the best thing is we make a statement victory over Wanderers and restart our undefeated run from there, COYY

Allreet?

I wonder if we were a tad complacent... or totally buggered after coming back from midweek in NZ.

In any case, Sydney were up for it and we didn't come close to matching their intensity until the game was effectively over.

Still could have got something from it though. Jingo's one-on-one miss was poor and would've changed the game.

I wonder if Nizz was feeling the pressure after so much Socceroo speculation? Don't think I've ever seen him so bad as that first half. He and Max barely got a touch in the first ten minutes.

Thing that most pissed me off was the ref. All night they were kicking or throwing the ball away at free kicks or throw ins and not once did the ref do anything about it.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
WELL, that was odd, twasnt it ?...suffice it to say , that was our off game for this quarter, NizzMonsta was knackered as was Doka, and Hally just ...did his annual Hally whoopsie....agree that Stormy should of started , but what can you do , by the by, how did Storm get his eyelid split open ?.., second half was marginally better, the first half was clearly travel-itis , as opposed as I am to that theory as such , the boys have done a few coaches and planes recently
(unlike that thompson idiot calling the ALW game who said Victoryettes were knackered by travel having spent an hour or so on a plane the day before, hells bells , I flew from Sydney to Heathrow with a busted neck and blown discs and walked out of the airport quite nearly normal , so i dunno how supremely fit people have a issue flying around Orstraylia once a week usually).....

ANYWAY, cudos to Yourf**ked Talay always liked him as a coach , and apart from the fact the prick should still be suspended for busting Sonics leg , he clearly had some form of gameplan (or Caceres was on pixie dust)

and wasn't the official a thorough but talented dipshit but then his guide dog was drunk , so there's that.....upwards and onwards to Tuesday then ...COYY

Stuartmcateer

We won the second half so let's use the pommy Ashes methodology and call it a moral victory.

The longer you go unbeaten the closer you are to the inevitable loss. All the talk of records and Socceroos, a sticky wicket (what professionals aren't wearing the long tags on that pitch?) one eye on the cup and a tough fixture schedule (games and travel) all add up to a tough day at the office.

booney

Pulling him at HT? Wonder what he does if he plays well?
There is an old story about that.Rodney Marsh the QPR and Man City striker,not the cricketer,was a colourful character and a flashy player.He was picked to play for England by Alf Ramsey who was a dour bloke to say the least( he usually didn't pick flashy players but Marsh had scored a ton of goals in club football).Before the game Ramsey said to Marsh-" I want you to run your guts out otherwise I'll pull you off at half time".Marsh looked deadpan at him and said " Geez Boss at Man City at half time we only get oranges and a cup of tea "

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
There is an old story about that.Rodney Marsh the QPR and Man City striker,not the cricketer,was a colourful character and a flashy player.He was picked to play for England by Alf Ramsey who was a dour bloke to say the least( he usually didn't pick flashy players but Marsh had scored a ton of goals in club football).Before the game Ramsey said to Marsh-" I want you to run your guts out otherwise I'll pull you off at half time".Marsh looked deadpan at him and said " Geez Boss at Man City at half time we only get oranges and a cup of tea "
that was on a Alf Ramsey doco , probably told by Marshy himself, i'll have to dig into my football docos and check

Big Al

For the Di Pizzo hate watch the replay. Kid was good. We played exclusively through him in the first half as the hold man and his touch is superb. It was all right in front of me. It was getting it too him or after he played it that it broke down. Kid played well in a side that was shocked.

SFC came out aggressive and we panicked. No composure what so ever. Then the slips and the bouncing ball all found SFC.

To me it reminded me of the 5-0 flogging we copped two years ago where they had 5 shots and scored 5 goals and every thing we tried went wrong.

SFC compressed the field knowing we don’t have a reliable right side. They hounded us but also set up their strikers to cut off our back pass and recycle. We couldn’t get it out the otherside or even back again. When we had a chance we kept spinning back and passing back which brought the press back into it instead of turning and going forward. Their was space. SFC found plenty but also turned then forward we turned went back then back again.

Niz must have put on the wrong boots but his play was clearly tiredness. The whole team was slow and panicked as well as shocked conceding shit goals.

Full credit to Jing and Storm for changing the energy of the team. Jing really made everyone else lift the intensity and we started to get shitty and fight back. Edmundson started throwing elbows and using his size and Faz is always up for it. Sydney hold an awful lot but we just have to get stuck in and that took to long.

I think if Jing scores we come back and draw.

Torres finish was phenomenal.

Bacellos had the same opportunity in the second but crossed it and had it cut out. If he attacked the goal and shot like Torres we would have had 2 and plenty of time.

The ref was incompetent. It wasn’t his fault we were down 3 but it was that we couldn’t get back into it. SFC grabbed torres at least three times to stop him and he just let it go and when we kept asking for the cards he said i gave play on to your advantage. Should he still not card them?
Then he let them kick everyball on every stoppage and didn’t care. It was laughable at the end.

Good fight back. Good crowd but out coached out played out enthused in the first half.

Theo. Mate you did one slide tackle and i never saw you again. Completely invisible

Tassiemariner

The comments on this thread are making the Facebook comments look rational!

Sydney put a full court press on for 30 minutes and instead of holding out, they had 3 shots for 3 goals. Half time subs worked well, and were the right ones but thought we became a bit directionless when Alou came on. Thought we had some momentum after getting 1 goal back, but from 75 min onwards, didn't think we'd get another. Let's hope the boys get up for the Cup match on Tuesday.

Anyway, good beers, good people, great stadium. What it's all about anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred