• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Round 1 vs Adelaide

midfielder

So many changes to the squad, many questions, many assumptions, its a new team, with a new coach.

For me its also a new league, something just seems different this season, whether its the new boy at the top or the success over the twelve months or so of the national teams,. perhaps its the Ange effect..

Perth, Roar, MV all look stringer, WU playing out of their own ground, GF back to the way it was.....

One thing that has not changed is the media, or should I say lack of, except for the negative articles and A-L ownership being in tax havens... they will always find something.

I get the feeling we will have a floating shape this year, constantly changing to suite the flow of the game at times 5-4-1 at times 3- 2-2-2.

Looking forward to tonight.... COYM...

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/crackd...wi0Cx_b-BfjgQcTBbd_JlVglPCoJIJ16OM_QbIj2W0lwI

Another season, another promise to 'crack down on dissent'.

Apparently the 3rd player into a confrontation will be booked (fair enough), as will the 3rd player into mobbing the ref (so.....the first 2 players are allowed to sprint up and scream in their face???). Apparently they'll crack down on managers using the 4th as a verbal punching bag, and on timewasting (as long as they actually do something about players running up to block a quick kick).

Meh, we've heard it all before, many times. I'll believe it when I see it.

scottmac

Suspended
https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/crackd...wi0Cx_b-BfjgQcTBbd_JlVglPCoJIJ16OM_QbIj2W0lwI

Another season, another promise to 'crack down on dissent'.

Apparently the 3rd player into a confrontation will be booked (fair enough), as will the 3rd player into mobbing the ref (so.....the first 2 players are allowed to sprint up and scream in their face???). Apparently they'll crack down on managers using the 4th as a verbal punching bag, and on timewasting (as long as they actually do something about players running up to block a quick kick).

Meh, we've heard it all before, many times. I'll believe it when I see it.
Happened twice in our ALW game last weekend so you've already seen it and it led to 2 red cards being a second yellow.
It's third player in for a ref confrontation because there are more often than not a couple of players around a decision when made and we are all heated during a game so you can't start booking everyone that reacts to a decision. But third player in is fair enough. You've more than likely had to travel a distance to argue with the ref.

midfielder

Very interesting night tonight. This is Monty's team designed to play Monty's way. How will Jacko settle the team into his style. Will it be effective against Aleague opp. Especially the team we f**ked over so well and so often last season.
Million dollar question.

FFC Mariner

1 all I think. We have a settled and decent back 5. 2 in the middle are the same.
Just the front where the questions are

Big Al

1 all I think. We have a settled and decent back 5. 2 in the middle are the same.
Just the front where the questions are
Agree 1-1 and questions of clicking up top but not sure about backline being settled.

Kaltak on a new side for A League
Paull first A League game
Doka first A League game
Faz back in LB after losing his spot.

As a 4 not much time together. I think they will do well but Adelaide can be tricky. I see at least one break down

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred