• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Round 1 vs Adelaide

Melange

I think Theo can play a role beyond a impact sub. If you have a chance watch how he played when he started against Macarthur last season. Paced himself well, aware of his defensive duties. I really thought Beni wasn't going to get back in after his red against Wanderers Theo played so well

I saw the quality of Wilson a few times last night, for the first time in three games. But not enough for him to be starting in front of a couple of other players.

I feel similarly pissed off Absolut last night's game as I did when we lost to Wanderers last season, Beni's stupid red, and Sydney, Kaltaks ridiculous red. I think it's because the lads had consistently shown they can win despite the odds, how many times have we dominated even with ten men? So I had unrealistic expectations.

They'll come back, dust themselves off, and do us proud again like they always do.

Forum Phoenix

Unlucky game. One of those ones where you can feel it early with every bounce off a shin turning into a perfect pass for the opposition.

The injury reshuffle obviously hurt us. Faz had been containing Irukunda well until then. Should have had a CB on the bench. Doubt our coach will make that mistake again.

But really, like any game you have to take your chances and capitalise on your good work. Don’t and you should expect to lose.

It’s just one we have to write off with the key takeaways being to be more clinical and better decision making in attack. We have enough quality. Just need to consolidate and put it together on game days.

Forum Phoenix

On Theo. He’s a short stocky build obviously, it seems now to be gospel that he’s not fit. Was he injured and didn’t do much of pre season with the others? Or is this just peoples assumption based on his build and his not stating?

Plenty of others reasons why he might not be starting. Likes to run at players and dribble a lot which is not every coaches cup of tea, even if you’re Ronaldo.

He was very good again when he came on last night. Certainly stronger performance than Wilson and his balls in were better than anything Angel played - though I think he’s a player with huge potential. But I think it’s also fair for Deej to be a bit worried by him too. I’m hoping it’s just early days for him and not that he’s a poor decision maker and lacks game smarts.

Last edited:

Michael

Yeah I'm not convinced fitness is a problem for Theo - he's had half a season and full preseason with us and our coaches wouldn't have let him be a slacker. Nor does his attitude on the pitch suggest he's a slacker. My guess is he's very likely to be fit unless injured
I’m sure he’s fit too, perhaps it’s a stamina issue… I dunno. It’s becoming strange already this season given his impact straight away each time was 10 fold what Wilson did.
I’d take 60-70mins of theo every week, Then bring on di Pizio or build wilson up that way.

Meerkat

So what is the deal with Hall and Windust? I think it was Pete who said he was fit.. someone else said he was injured., no idea about Windust.
IF they are fit I can’t understand not including either of them?

style_cafe

Does Windust play any position other than CB? If not Hall would have to be the preferred bench player. Also what is Storms injury?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred