• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Round 1 vs Adelaide

scottmac

Suspended
Let Theo start in the AFC Cup. Hopefully grabs a goal or two and gets a full game for fitness. The he can back up again on Sunday.
Just can't see Theo being fit for a full game any time soon. He's had a full pre season with the fittest side in the league and still cant beat Wilson to the 11.

midfielder

What can you say for me the big issue was Torres shooting many were not even close.

Lets hope he can get his act together as given the defence we have we will need to score goals..

Ozhammer

Tonight’s result is all on Jacko, as I heard that he ran over a black cat on his way to the airport. :headbounce:

Tough result to cop but the injuries really derailed the game plan and showed our plan B wasn’t quite up to snuff.

Our new coach is going to take time to learn the challenges of this league and will make mistakes just as Monty did early in his career, so we need to accept these and hope that lessons are learned quickly.

Lesson 1: Wilson is not, I repeat not, a left winger. Should have been hooked at HT not only for his performance but also to allow more flexibility with the final substitute window options.

On a positive note, it looks like we now have an assistant coach, anyone have any info on him?

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
f**king Alex King…f**king Gitto tripped himself , sure that was only one of the goals but geez, really …Wilson on the pine for now, Theo at kickoff (that’ll get him fit hopefully) everybody else to have a massive figure out session …yep

Ironbark

Way too much overreacting going on, I do reckon

It's too early to stress.

Freak events change options - like only having one unforced sub opportunity and the loss of 3 key players - so too hard to judge coaching.

Players aren't on the same wavelength yet which is to be totally expected. When they do there is a lot of energy and technical ability there so will be fun to watch.

It's not the first time the football gods have abandoned us at Coopers stadium remember. And we're a half new team who had a change of coach only a month ago.

I really don't feel the need to reach conclusions before a couple of months. But on the last 3 games there is plenty there that's not quite clicking - yet is not that far off either. We created a hell of a lot of chances tonight. Convert 10-15% of those and we're golden

The real concern from tonight is losing 3 absolute first 11 players going into a 3 game week. 2 maybe for much longer

Huddo

Way too much overreacting going on here tonight.

It's way too early to stress.

Freak events change options - like only having one unforced sub opportunity and the loss of 3 key players - so too hard to judge coaching.

Players aren't on the same wavelength yet which is to be totally expected. When they do there is a lot of energy and technical ability there so will be fun to watch.

It's not the first time the football gods have abandoned us at Coopers stadium remember. And we're a half new team who had a change of coach only a month ago.

I really don't feel the need to reach conclusions before a couple of months. But on the last 3 games there is plenty there that's not quite clicking - yet is not that far off either. We created a hell of a lot of chances tonight. Convert 10-15% of those and we're golden

The real concern from tonight is losing 3 absolute first 11 players going into a 3 game week. 2 maybe for much longer

Doctors initial report is one is a slight knock the other was a cork. So that's a positive

pjennings

My biggest problem with what I saw that game was not putting Noah Smith as LCB and keeping faz at left back and hoping we keep Nestory quiet. We're all aware just good faz is vs Nestory. Maybe the coach had no idea. Seems a bit stupid tactically imo
Even Steele on for Brian and move Max back to CB.

Also way too early to panic, we only had 2 wins and a draw in our first 6 games last season. When you change your squad as much as we do each season it will always take time to gel.

Last edited:

Coastalraider

I was wondering this week if Theo was always pencilled in as the impact player, and Wilson is actually playing this role while Di Pizio is recovering.

He travelled this week I believe. Wonder how far off he is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred