• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Rd 6 vs Victory (Home)

Ads

Di pizio came on, turned and threaded a ball that would actually suit our strikers.

Put Di Pizio in a 10 role to take the work load off Niz and Ballard.

Lots of bad decision making to turn over possession. Theo and Torres not knowing when to protect the ball.

Steele had a shot lined up and tried to flick.

Our defence bossed the headers forward and gave that spark to rest of team to keep putting in.

As mentioned bad things from today -
Once again missed early chances, turning over possession and pick pocketed.

Good things from today -
Our backline and Centre mids are building and moving ball to the front third, there is just that one or two tweaks still that can unlock us back to a top 4 team. Whether that be Di Pizio and some new players in Jan or simply re-structure our front third tactics.

And positive is we made lots of poor decisions on the ball and were still competitive. Imagine if we can stomp out some of the crap.

Stuartmcateer

I didn’t watch the game as I was in newy at the NNSW coaching conference (great day) but listened to the second half on the radio driving home.

The thing that caught my ear was that the subs came on and changed the game. They brought energy and were the reason for dominating the late part of the game. That hasn’t happened before this year.

Ads

If I had my way: lol

Roux———Hall———Kaltak———Faz
———————-Niz————————-
Di Pizio——Tulio——-Ballard——Torres
———————-Kuol————————

————Hall——-Kaltak——-Tapp————
Roux———————————————-Faz
————Di Pizio—-Niz——Ballard————
—————-Tulio———-Kuol——————-

true believer

Just back home and happy to say I was frustrated at the end.

That's a feeling I've not had for a while - that we were the better team in the last 20 minutes against a top four team and might've got the winner. Finally we're seeing the pace and energy again.

So basically... much better. Nizz was great - Fazz superb - Alou didn't do much except for his goal (which was excellent). The defence was mostly very strong and didn't give them much.

Doka looked great when he came on and linked very well with Nizz - needs to look up when he crosses though. Reec looked really promising. Can we call him Ray? Ray Jing Reec?

As for Wilson, will the last apologist turn off the lights on your way out?
dyep he'll start again next week

capauau

Bruno's goal was a worldie, really harsh of anyone to blame that on Dan, he held off Kaltak and megged someone (forget who) before Dan was needed to step in. Thought the back two had quite a good game and are gradually getting better as a pairing. Don't think Danny really had any saves to make?

It was positive and fighting back from a goal down will be good for team morale. Move on to next week and keep building.
Hall did look after Bruno really well all game. It really was his only shot all game

Corsair

Torres is gonna score today.
Had a feeling in my bones he was gonna get a goal one way or another.

As soon as Tulio went off and he stopped constantly looking to play with him his game lifted. I still suspect there are language/cultural issues.

Torres/Doka clicked really well, I'd like to see more of that combination.

true believer

i have a torres theory . i believe he should be toddled off to an optometrist .
like most, i thought he was no hope for the pen. yet nailed it.

i took a lad away for a water pool championship a few years ago .
while we were watching some tv that night .he couldn't make out the picture .
when we got back i reported that and it was found he needed glasses .
yet no one had pick this up for 12 years

i believe torres needs have his eyes examined to see if he has an issue

Insertnamehere

If I had my way: lol

Roux———Hall———Kaltak———Faz
———————-Niz————————-
Di Pizio——Tulio——-Ballard——Torres
———————-Kuol————————

————Hall——-Kaltak——-Tapp————
Roux———————————————-Faz
————Di Pizio—-Niz——Ballard————
—————-Tulio———-Kuol——————-
Niz needs to be in front of Max. Hes much better with the foward flow.

Insertnamehere

I watched Wilson in the first half as he was right in front of me. The guy is overawed and struggling struggling. He tries to combine with Storm but they both go for the same ball or they both don't - they just don't combine well.
There were a couple headers he flicked on, if Alou had been on the same page he'd have been off to the races.
It was the best game I've seen of him. Don't get me wrong he wasn't great. But he ran harder than I've seen and did more than he has.

The problem consistently is the attack being on the same page.

Wombat

A few observations:

- Structurally the best we have been this season. Shape and defensive transition much better. Nizzy much better playing deeper and midfield no longer running over the top of attack.
- Defensive structure and transition means we look far less vulnerable on the counter.
- Overall defence miles better than it was earlier in the season. MV only had two shots on target today and they were both screamers resulting in goals.
- Attack is still a concern. Build up is still too slow and it was only when we were chasing the game it sped up with the subs. Can we play at this intensity all the time please?
- Play in the front third is still too fragmented. There is little coordination and Tulio abd Alou are on totally different wavelengths. Most attacking play is individual.
- Tulio was given a total libero role today abd I didn’t mind it. It did mean he did a it of defensive work though.
- Torres and Wilson are not our answers as seven and eleven. We need to strengthen here in the window. Our coaches need to bring in some quality, hard arses Brits through their contacts.
- Our crossing is just woeful. Much work needs to be done here.
- All five subs today changed the match. All excellent and good to see that hunger off the bench.
Very good analysis Mick. Only point i disagree on is Torres. I see enough to keep going with him. He is technically gifted, physically strong, defends from the front and has an unreal engine......its just like he has never been taught the basics.

gemkayem

I didn’t watch the game as I was in newy at the NNSW coaching conference (great day) but listened to the second half on the radio driving home.

The thing that caught my ear was that the subs came on and changed the game. They brought energy and were the reason for dominating the late part of the game. That hasn’t happened before this year.
It was a noticeable difference when they came on, I thought Reec and Doka in particular were good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred