• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Rd 6 vs Victory (Home)

Big Al

Di Pizzo at 10. Youth is what we sell. His vision is awesome and he doesn’t have prejudice on who he is passing to (Tulio ignores Wilson as much as possible especially there was a break in the first half when an early ball to Wilson would have had him clear but Tulio didn’t trust him).

Then Tulio can go to the wing with Torres.

Wombat

My view....

We did well against a side we would all have been happy to take a point against today.

As in every game this season......we were the better side!

Our keeper is a mild worry but came home with a wet sail after a very dodgy start last year. So i'm hoping he comes good.
This back 4 is very solid.
Niz was the star of the mids today. Wilson did ok but really should not be starting. Once again Theo's cameo was levels above. ( I can see a player in Wilson and i'm sure he will be excellent next season).
Attack was a worry again, although Alou's goal was sweet.

Subs were excellent today.

Doka looked very impressive today. Where did that come from!
Steele was impressive.
Jing was a handful.
Theo ( i was right in front of him) did some amazing things.
Di-Pizio is an unpolished diamond.

3pts Faz
2pts Niz
1pt Kaltak

Ozhammer

i have a torres theory . i believe he should be toddled off to an optometrist .
like most, i thought he was no hope for the pen. yet nailed it.

i took a lad away for a water pool championship a few years ago .
while we were watching some tv that night .he couldn't make out the picture .
when we got back i reported that and it was found he needed glasses .
yet no one had pick this up for 12 years

i believe torres needs have his eyes examined to see if he has an issue
Interesting, I have also often commented to Mrs OH that Tulio looks like he squints a lot. Maybe a few of the boys could use an eye test?

Big Al

Kaltak is playing much better now he is back on the left and trusts Hall. MJ better keep this pairing when Paull is back but the club probably wants Paull playing

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
righto, o.k, Mrs recky informed of grumpy old git-ness , so after a quick re watch , we done good-ish , still not convinced about Torres but Faz, Dan the Man , The Wall and the Energizer Mariner were a bit bloody bonza ...righto Jacko , impress me further

FFC Mariner

Both play as a 6 or 8 behind a 10 or 2nd striker. The issue over the last few games is that we struggle out wide and Tulio has been honking. Runs about a lot trying to be the main man but isnt producing results.
I think Alou needs to play that floating role behind the target man. Imagine him playing off cumdog. Woof.
Yesterday proved how shit our recruitment was this year.

Rising Sun

I watched Wilson in the first half as he was right in front of me. The guy is overawed and struggling struggling. He tries to combine with Storm but they both go for the same ball or they both don't - they just don't combine well.
I don't think he is on the same page as anyone at the moment. He is not a starting winger just yet and would benefit from getting minutes off the bench for now - probably in a more central role.

Where he is now, Torres should be playing on the right wing. He is a one-footed player whose first instinct is to cut in - when he is on the left he is either fighting his instinct, or he does cut in, finds himself on his wrong foot and then life gets complicated for him. When he plays on the right, he looks more comfortable and more of a threat.

Di Pizio shown enough to earn a start on the left for me on Friday, keeping Theo as an impact sub, with the option that he can rotate with Tulio during the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred