• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM R15 vs Divers Utd

Melange

I thought he was saying there are a lot of similarities with the squads, on paper we're not as good as some of the sides we're sitting above and Adelaide needs to get back to that position too. I didnt interpret any of that as negative it was a big compliment. I can't stand the way he goes about his business but this wasnt another 80% or long ball team sledge.
If have to listen again, maybe I was wrong, but I thought the tone was we're better than them on paper, a regular comment I hear.

The long ball was reference to their attitude after we beat in the first semi last season. More to do with how teams underestimate us and Veart's answers to how his team needs to improve... we've got to fight more, got to want it more. Well there's heaps more you have to do Carl but are you capable?

Big Al

If have to listen again, maybe I was wrong, but I thought the tone was we're better than them on paper, a regular comment I hear.

The long ball was reference to their attitude after we beat in the first semi last season. More to do with how teams underestimate us and Veart's answers to how his team needs to improve... we've got to fight more, got to want it more. Well there's heaps more you have to do Carl but are you capable?
I thought the tone was more you saw what they did to City so don’t underestimate them and that we have and show a commitment that they are not.

I also thought what he said was 100% on their effort. That second goal we were almost walking it around and we still had Torres open. However he is a massive dick but at least he tried (not very well).

We have killed City and Adelaide from last years finals. Adelaide looked young and on the up like us and now they look divided and disinterested and not putting Irankunda anywhere near Faz showed we had won before they even started

Rising Sun

Don't listen to it again, it's 2 minutes of your life you won't get back. Smug little prick probably thought he was playing 4D chess in the interview but it was just verbal diarrhea.

If he really wanted to compare CCM and AU at the current time, he could have said that the culture of the Mariners is such that we wouldn't have a bloke like himself anywhere near the club, we wouldn't even have him to clear the dog shit from the field before training whereas AU sign him to a 3.5 year deal as a self anointed saviour. There's AUs problem right there.

Tevor

Don't listen to it again, it's 2 minutes of your life you won't get back. Smug little prick probably thought he was playing 4D chess in the interview but it was just verbal diarrhea.

If he really wanted to compare CCM and AU at the current time, he could have said that the culture of the Mariners is such that we wouldn't have a bloke like himself anywhere near the club, we wouldn't even have him to clear the dog shit from the field before training whereas AU sign him to a 3.5 year deal as a self anointed saviour. There's AUs problem right there.
I actually think they signed him for three years hoping he will get another OS gig soon and cash in. Problem with that is he and the team need to play well and they are quite a bit off that at the moment. AU learning how to be a selling club and at the moment are drunk on transfer fees and now are heading south at a rate of notts.

Wombat

umm after ten goals so far . i reckon they might sling him another couple of shirts
The bloke that told me was a Brazillian who only scored 1 or 2 goals for us. A Brazillian friend put it on him and he told her "no way, i cant do it" as they hugged on the fence after the game.
Yeah 10 goals probably gets you the extra shirt clause. 12 goals gets 1 more. 2 more at 15 and so on.
What was Papi thinking?

Last edited:

true believer

The bloke that told me was a Brazillian who only scored 1 or 2 goals for us. A Brazillian friend put it on him and he told her "no way, i cant do it" as they hugged on the fence after the game.
Yeah 10 goals probably gets you the extra shirt clause. 12 goals gets 1 more. 2 more at 15 and so on.
What was Papi thinking?
see now you get it .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred