• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM R15 vs Divers Utd

Wombat

Good performance across the park.

Doka was excellent. Impressed by both Hally and Brian. Faz continues to dominate.

Theo is starting to become an important player for us and his vision is improving and a very sweet finish.
Niz and Maxy were brilliant.
Torres has put his hand up and said i will lead this side to victory each week. The new Papi.

The new boy looks promising and gives us a bit of size and mongrel.

Jacko and Danny are doing a super job.

I actually fancy us against Wellington.

Spacks

I hope he continues to improve, he's what 25 now? Times running out for him to get a move overseas.

Big Al

Anyone that doubted Torres wouldn’t turn out to be this good better be enjoying that humble pie.

What a f**king player.
It’s good pie.

He was fantastic last night.

He has calmed down and found a rhythm and stop snatching at those shots.

Maybe it’s just Central Coast Stadium where he was watching himself on the big screen next to giant sauce bottles and it three off his aim.

He always had effort but it’s unreal he is playing so well and part of the team. It’s not total hog ball.

Pie is always good but this one is really good

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
righto then ...
MOM.. AngHell Tooorez (well thats how knuckf**kle from p- says it)
1- Dictionary
2-Nizz Monsta
3 - Vooks
Tnuc of the Event - Stephen Mauk for whinging and bitching above and beyond

Melange

I heard it from Mauk last night and heard it from many others the last few seasons, "no disrespect to them but on paper they're not as good as us." I both hate it and love it.

Hate it because it is disrespect to us, we're a body good team and have been for 4 seasons.
Love it because they keep underestimating us. Adelaide are the best example, except in the first round where we had a player sent off and players injured, they have had absolutely no way to keep up with us. Out skilled, out thought, out muscled. They just keep thinking we're an effort and long ball team.

We've shown Veart's level.

Corsair

I heard it from Mauk last night and heard it from many others the last few seasons, "no disrespect to them but on paper they're not as good as us." I both hate it and love it.

Hate it because it is disrespect to us, we're a body good team and have been for 4 seasons.
Love it because they keep underestimating us. Adelaide are the best example, except in the first round where we had a player sent off and players injured, they have had absolutely no way to keep up with us. Out skilled, out thought, out muscled. They just keep thinking we're an effort and long ball team.

We've shown Veart's level.
Mauk (if not a footballer would have been a real estate agent or some other shady character) is the worst of humanity. Underhanded see through passive aggressive slights on our team, trying to plant seeds and undermine our confidence despite having just been handed his ass. Blatant over confident slating of his entire squad with a specific thinly veiled emphasis on Irankunda. An awful human who thinks he's being clever but everyone else thinks he's a cnut. Lessons in manipulation and how to do it badly in an unintentionally transparent way.

true believer

Good win away in hot conditions but I’m also conscious that the defending was very poor and gave us so much time and room. Will not have that against the Nix.

On Irankunda, watched an all access last season on Goodwin. Not only is he a good player but also he was mentoring the lad. It’s no surprise his drop in form and mental fragility has increased since Goodwin left. I think he would be shooting the lights out with a club like us that seems so much more supportive of youngsters. Garang had similar media attention and also players trying to knock him down a peg but he pulled through. Irankunda looks like the loneliest player in the league at the moment. Maybe going to Germany is exactly what he needs where he will just be another hopeful kid for a while.

Couldn’t get over Mauk, came on and constantly whinged and carried on for the 30 odd minutes. The league does not need players like him in it and we were better for him being over seas. No wonder he couldn’t find a new contract in Japan of Korea. I think the ISL would be perfect for him.

I was impressed with Edmo’s 80 minutes and when he gels with the team looks like he will be very handy. We will need his smarts to break down the Nix as they have a pretty good defence this season.

What I do like is the Gaffa and players are still saying we have a lot of room for improvement. I don’t think we have peaked too early, the Nix peaked in round 1. What I see is two teams in a good space, Victory are a typical Popa project playing boring football but stingy, something like 8 draws this season. Up there with United’s Championship season for boring football. It’s a three horse race at the moment and will be interesting to see how it develops over the next 4 to 6 rounds and who takes it by the throat.
interesting edo said .in europe, in the change rooms .it's dog eat dog.
he looked genuinely happy to be here , despite playing in a barbeque

you also gotta think what top shelf guy torres is .for swapping shirts with irankunda .

Last edited:

style_cafe

Mauk (if not a footballer would have been a real estate agent or some other shady character) is the worst of humanity. Underhanded see through passive aggressive slights on our team, trying to plant seeds and undermine our confidence despite having just been handed his ass. Blatant over confident slating of his entire squad with a specific thinly veiled emphasis on Irankunda. An awful human who thinks he's being clever but everyone else thinks he's a cnut. Lessons in manipulation and how to do it badly in an unintentionally transparent way.
I think he wants the armband back...:popcorn:

Allreet?

Pretty sure his first contribution off the bench was to fling himself to the ground.

Probably just trying to wind us up.

turbo

I thought he was saying there are a lot of similarities with the squads, on paper we're not as good as some of the sides we're sitting above and Adelaide needs to get back to that position too. I didnt interpret any of that as negative it was a big compliment. I can't stand the way he goes about his business but this wasnt another 80% or long ball team sledge.

Michael

Highlight of the night for me was Bailey’s contribution. First touch was a lovely bit of skill, then rides the challenge to earn a penalty. First to celebrate with Reec and shushes the Adelaide crowd. Kid must have been in nirvana
He’s a very bright prospect, nothing more exciting than an academy lad coming in with the ability and confidence to take on defenders straight away. He absolutely skinned the bloke to win that pen.

Michael

He’s a truly poisonous person. I would actually celebrate seeing him break a leg. I still can’t fathom the audacity of his post match spew. It makes them look so f**king bad, which is fine by me, but if one of our boys ever said that shit on TV I’d want them gone.
Keep it in house is a basic rule.

FFC Mariner

He’s a truly poisonous person. I would actually celebrate seeing him break a leg. I still can’t fathom the audacity of his post match spew. It makes them look so f**king bad, which is fine by me, but if one of our boys ever said that shit on TV I’d want them gone.
Keep it in house is a basic rule.
Possibly deliberate to deflect away from their dreadful performance.
O'Rudan did the same yesterday.
Adelaide without Goodwin are shit.
Looks like Mauk knows it too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred