• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM R14 v Brisbane Cant

marinermick

Newcastle Breakers in the old NSL liked to play on a Friday because they wanted “the first bite of the weekend cherry” both from a family budget point of view and activity point of view. Their theory was that, in a lower socio economic area, they need first dibs at the family budget.

There was probably some of that going on this weekend. Lots of activities, lots of options and lots of money already spent. Even if you are a member there is still a cost involved if you bring kids.

Many also had a big Friday. My wife didn’t come because of that. Her mother, who normally comes, also stayed and they watched the game on television. My mate who always comes with me couldn’t manage to back up because of a big Friday.

I was with a big group on Friday having drinks in Gosford. I am sure that the dozen with me would have all came to the game on the Friday evening if it was on then. In the end it was only me and my father in law Saturday night.

These are all personal anecdotes and not necessarily reasons for a lower crowd but they certainly resonate as possible reasons in my mind.

Big Al

I think MJ is miles above Monty tactically. The only area we are weaker tactically are set pieces. We had so many more variations last season that we don’t this season.
We have at a minimum 3 absolute lethal weapons in the air with hight and leaping ability and we seem to love trying to go long over the keeper.

Alou Kaltak and Hall should all have their space about 2-3 metres apart and a ball should be curved into them all where you don’t know which one it’s for and they should be running from the pen spot to the 6 yrd box and smashing them at the goal.

Total waste.

When we defend corners those 3 win it almost every time.

Meerkat

What’s Farrell’s yellows count?

We won’t be missing him against Adelaide will we!
I asked that question when he received the yellow yesterday. I thought he was on 4 already but he did have two yellows which became red so I honestly don’t know.

LFCMariners

I figured that considering it's the 500th game of both clubs there would be an article on it somewhere on the A-League site or on the club site at the very least- something recounting the club history milestone and the stats up to this point e.g wins, losses, draws, goals for/ against, biggest wins/ losses, silverware etc.

But nothing anywhere, at least from a 10 minute search...

marinermick

I figured that considering it's the 500th game of both clubs there would be an article on it somewhere on the A-League site or on the club site at the very least- something recounting the club history milestone and the stats up to this point e.g wins, losses, draws, goals for/ against, biggest wins/ losses, silverware etc.

I think it would have escaped both clubs and the A-League if Coast-FM didn’t do the maths and promote their 500th game.

Ironbark

They fired all their staff so no doubt it's a stretch to do the basics atm

Corsair

It was very prominent on the keepup app...

Wombat

Yeah, having to drive back to Sydney after the game last night made it way past my bed time.
You did very well old boy. My Mrs bins a 7.45pm game as too late for her....suits me....then its beers with the boys. I'm happy either way.....Early game then its a family game and dinner before or after......late game its drinks with the boys which is nice and easy.

The real issue issue is the shit scheduling.

Corsair

We have at a minimum 3 absolute lethal weapons in the air with hight and leaping ability and we seem to love trying to go long over the keeper.

Alou Kaltak and Hall should all have their space about 2-3 metres apart and a ball should be curved into them all where you don’t know which one it’s for and they should be running from the pen spot to the 6 yrd box and smashing them at the goal.

Total waste.

When we defend corners those 3 win it almost every time.
Funny I was discussing this at the game on Sat with a mate.. why isn't Kaltak banging headed goals on corners? My answer is we're not finding him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred