• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM R14 v Brisbane Cant

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Ben Cahn will be much better when he gets to slot in a few of his own purchases, but his version of OkonBall last night slightly buggered us...slightly, it wasnt the slapping i expected but 3 points is 3 points its gonna be a bit gooder when Ryan, Ronald and Angel are on the pitch at the same time and clicking with Nizzy....as for Koul , his been well and truly ruined in Germany , can never figure out why, when a team scout/manager sees a guy on you tube and go "fark moi lets get him his brilliant" , and then change everything and then bench him cause he aint like his video package...ANYWAY....crowds at bluetongue have been shit since season 4/5, its just the Coast I think , it can rain on wednesday and that stops people going to a game at 7.pm on a satdee cause they gotta get the 10am train to hornsby on tuesday...I dont get it either

turbo

Controversial opinion but I have no problem with concurrent games (time zone relevant) from Dec - Feb, basically school hols. Its the hottest damn time of the year, play games as late as possible to draw the best crowd and get the best football possible. Play Thurs nights too.

Having Perth and 2*NZ teams means that alternate time slots are available if the broadcaster actually cares.
I don’t like concurrent games but it is tolerable if it helps avoid the heat and there’s no NZ or Perth home games to take alternative timeslots. There should always be at least one next season though which will help. Need the fixtures to be on point next season.

Allreet?

Great to see Brandtman get a debut even if only for 2 mins.

Great win and again great to win when not at our best - championship team material. How amazing is it to say that after losing half the team (our stars too) and our coaching pair that put it all together 4 weeks before seasons start!
Only had a couple of touches but I said straight away that he knows what he's doing.

One to watch.

Coastalraider

My initial take on Barcellos when we signed him (from the highlights packages I was able to find) was that when he gets the ball he has some sublime skills but seems to forget anyone else is on the field - all about trucks, taking on his man and step overs rather than working in a system. The fact his highlights had minimal passing or assists for a wide player was an alarm bell - and last night kind of showed the same. Amazing ball control but seems to put the blinkers on, run first, gets a rush of blood and shoots early.

What I’m excited about is that’s kind of how I saw Torres when he got here as well - and MJ has coached him brilliantly. I hope we can do the same with Barcellos.

Wombat

I enjoyed that game.

First half was pretty even but we sat too deep for patches. Torres should have buried a couple and if Alou was a bit more on his toes we could have been out of sight. Another glaring omission is we never have a player attacking the back post.

2nd half we lost our way after the subs and Bris should have scored when we completely failed to pick up but then we started to click and Faz and Torres were carving them up down the flank. Torres's goal was worth the admission price alone.

Played some lovely Football at times. We are building nicely. New Brazilian looks exciting.

Atmosphere was good for 6080 crowd.

3pts Angel
2pts Faz
1pts Niz and Danny

Also very impressed with Brian and Max who had an impressive games.

Last edited:

Corsair

Washing his hair?
Maybe, wouldn't take long though, he hasn't got much left!! Said he'd come if the ferry to the footy was on. I called them and they said they only got 5 bookings last time so they weren't running it. They upped the price to $25, might be why.

I hope it runs for the Sydney game, definitely keen.

Insertnamehere

I enjoyed that game.

First half was pretty even but we sat too deep for patches. Torres should have buried a couple and if Alou was a bit more on his toes we could have been out of sight. Another glaring omission is we never have a player attacking the back post.

2nd half we lost our way after the subs and Bris should have scored when we completely failed to pick up but then we started to click and Faz and Torres were carving them up down the flank. Torres's goal was worth the admission price alone.

Played some lovely Football at times. We are building nicely. New Brazilian looks exciting.

Atmosphere was good for 6080 crowd.

3pts Tulio
2pts Faz
1pts Niz and Danny

Also very impressed with Brian and Max who had an impressive games.
Tulio nip back for a quick game ay?

FFC Mariner

I can’t believe how many people are objecting about the 7:45 time slot! Everybody complains when it’s 5pm they can’t get there from sport / work, and 9 times out of 10 in Jan it’s too hot!!!

It’s the prime time slot. We don’t get enough of them. Fair enough to call it late on a Sunday night or midweek, but Saturday?
It's the Coast. A culture of just moaning.
I think it's far simpler. Quality of opposition or local interest
7.45pm on a Saturday needs to be Sydney, Wanderers or the scum.
I think a lot of people thought it's an easy win, why bother

Huddo

I think the numbers can start to be put down to the recession, just f**ked, in Erina fair, for a Sunday in school holidays it's really quiet.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred