• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ACL 09 - the who, the what, the where.

Villa

They are available at The Supporter's Box, option to get the letters and numbers too.

http://supportersbox.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=877

Can't believe how much they look like Parma's shirt.

<.+\-A.J.V-/+.> said:
Does anyone know if you will be able to buy mariners champions league jerseys at rebel sport  ??? ??? ???

kennyftw

THE PITCH LOOKS ESPECIALLY GOOD - SAW IT THIS AFTERNOON - NEW ADVERTISING IS UP ON THE EASTERN STAND - APPEARS BLUE TONGUE ADVERTISING HAS BEEN COVERED OVER.

promdi442

In the fashion stakes the jets have taken the wooden spoon again. What a shocker/joke their away shirt is for the ACL.

marinermick

blastbum said:
Can anyone report on the state of the pitch for tomorrow night?

pitch is terrible

was bobbling everywhere when the boys were training

and the turf they laid in the goalmouth was moving under danny's feet

McGrime

14mm of rain today Gosford officially the wetest place in NSW
I wonder what thats going to do in regards to the field?
Things are slowly clearing from the East
So tonight should be better than today but we may still see a few showers
Anyway our guys will be up for anything tonight

Wombat

McGrime said:

Pitch looked fine.  The crowd was very poor ...haven't seen official numbers but i'd guess between 5-6 K.

Koreans had more fans than most HAL teams bring...maybe 70.

We were more aggressive than we have been lately but we are still playing dumb long ball rubbish.
Defence was pretty solid.
Midfield was terrible.
Simon tried hard but badly missed a couple of good chances. Service to Mrdja was pathetic.

Ursus

Wombat said:
McGrime said:

Pitch looked fine.  The crowd was very poor ...haven't seen official numbers but i'd guess between 5-6 K.

We were more aggressive than we have been lately but we are still playing dumb long ball rubbish.
Midfield was terrible.
Simon tried hard but badly missed a couple of good chances. Service to Mrdja was pathetic.

Were you watching?
The pitch surface was atrocious. Players struggled to stay upright on the newly laid wet surface.

Wombat

Ursus said:
Wombat said:
McGrime said:

Midfield was terrible.

Were you watching?
The pitch surface was atrocious. Players struggled to stay upright on the newly laid wet surface.

Sad to say I was.

Most pitches are slippery when wet???

bulldogmariner

Ursus said:
Wombat said:
McGrime said:

Midfield was terrible.

Were you watching?
The pitch was poor. No player could keep their footing which lead to a lot of loose ball. Players were moving turf as it was loose. The conditions and the pitch lead to a poor quality game. It was better than it was for semi final but still not good enough and did lead to a lot of the mistakes. Plus it was a greazy surface which meant the ball ran faster and bobbled more because of the uneven surface of the pitch.

greenlion

Round 1 attendance announced by AFC

Group A
Al-Ahli  1 2  Pakhtakor Tashkent 2,551
Al-Hilal  1 1  Saba Battery  19,604

Group B
Persepolis  3 1  Sharjah 55,121
Al-Gharafa  1 3  Al-Shabab 507

Group C
Al-Jazira  0 1  Umm-Salal 6,920
Al-Ittihad  2 1  Esteghlal 19,076

Group D
Sepahan  2 0  Al-Shabab 15,210
Bunyodkor  2 1  Al-Ettifaq 9,120

Group E
Ulsan Hyundai Horang-i  1 3  Nagoya Grampus 3,156
Beijing Guoan  2 0  Newcastle United Jets 31,895

Group F
Gamba Osaka  3 0  Shandong Luneng 10,312
Sriwijaya  2 4  FC Seoul 21,050

Group G
Suwon Bluewings  4 1  Kashima Antlers 14,126
Shanghai Shenhua  4 1  Singapore Armed Forces 8,211

Group H
Central Coast Mariners  0 0  Pohang Steelers 6,870
Kawasaki Frontale  1 0  Tianjin Teda 12,125

Redline

but it means nothing. The raw numbers are what the average joe looks at. I couldn't give a rats about the 'adjusted for population figure' because to me it's just a way of explaining away low attendance figures.

Jimmy

bulldogmariner said:
Ursus said:
Wombat said:
McGrime said:

Midfield was terrible.

Were you watching?
The pitch was poor. No player could keep their footing which lead to a lot of loose ball. Players were moving turf as it was loose. The conditions and the pitch lead to a poor quality game. It was better than it was for semi final but still not good enough and did lead to a lot of the mistakes. Plus it was a greazy surface which meant the ball ran faster and bobbled more because of the uneven surface of the pitch.

I agree, the pitch was terrible, if you got to look at it closely there were a lot of holes in between the new strips of turf, it was lucky no one rolled an ankle.

dibo

serious14 said:
Hehehe, that argument always works.  ;D

...except when we're comparing ourselves to english towns with bigger crowds than their populations.

FFC Mariner

Redline said:
but it means nothing. The raw numbers are what the average joe looks at. I couldn't give a rats about the 'adjusted for population figure' because to me it's just a way of explaining away low attendance figures.

You must be a marketers dream - accept the raw numbers blindly against every basic principle of Statistics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred