• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-league Strips

Jesus

Jesus
The Reebok deal ends this season doesnt it?

I have heard that nike will be the new strip suppliers?

Has anyone heard this? Or how much the kit deal is worth?

dibo

Jesus said:
The Reebok deal ends this season doesnt it?

I have heard that nike will be the new strip suppliers?

Has anyone heard this? Or how much the kit deal is worth?

There was a long time ago a story on the CCM or HAL website talking about the new away kits for last year where the marketing manager at Reebok was quoted talking about a 5 year exclusive deal. Most things were sorted out at the beginning of the league with 5 year exclusive deals - cities, gear, venues etc.

This doesn't mean they can't be broken by mutual agreement or whatnot - the Victory moving stadia is the best example - so if someone desperately wants to buy Reebok out of a contract that probably isn't worth all that much (or more correctly, buy the FFA out of their contract with Reebok) then they probably could.

I've heard rumours about Nike, but nothing more than rumours. Certainly no length of new contracts nor dollar sums.

dibo

the WC jerseys are clarsh - the most comfy jersey i've ever put on - light and breezy. playing in those would have been lovely. as a supporter you'd be wearing an undershirt unless it was midsummer.

~Floss~

Jesus said:
I dont mind our jersey at all, but rebook need to actually have some variation between teams

Yep. The plainer ones (eg. Adelaide, basically all red) look quite classy by comparison when everyone else has similar patterns of sleeves & shorts that contrast the torso and socks.
Some variation in the patterns between teams is definitely needed.

northernspirit

Sacko said:
That QLD strip is just orrible - they must want to change it at the 1st opp
i think qld has image issues
theyre clearly trying to get more maroon in there for the locals, but with orange and white it looks awful!

Pokes

northernspirit said:
Sacko said:
That QLD strip is just orrible - they must want to change it at the 1st opp
i think qld has image issues
theyre clearly trying to get more maroon in there for the locals, but with orange and white it looks awful!

My parents were watching the Syd vs Qld game on Friday night, and after about 15 minutes into the game, my Mum goes "Who on earth decided to combine Orange with Maroon?". I was glad it wasn't just me who found it horrible!!

Alos, when QLD play Adelaide...its a big confusing when watching it on a screen where the colour isn't great... I mean, there are SO many colours out there that haven't been used...

I recently got a Nike socceroos jersey, and Ive only worn it once but its so comfortable!

And I feel like such a girl...when I read the title, I thought "The players strip! Oohhh!!"

*sigh* Such a letdown.

Omni

There was a poll on an A-League website "What's the worst thing about Season One" "Queensland's Maroon Socks" came out a clear winner.

Queensland's strip is terrible, they should have called themselves BRISBANE Roar then people wouldn't demand the maroon! I assume that if Queensland play the final they'd be expected to wear white?

Pokey: That Adelaide game, Queensland should have worn white, it was a terrible refereeing decision to let them play!

Sean

Omni said:
There was a poll on an A-League website "What's the worst thing about Season One" "Queensland's Maroon Socks" came out a clear winner.

Queensland's strip is terrible, they should have called themselves BRISBANE Roar then people wouldn't demand the maroon! I assume that if Queensland play the final they'd be expected to wear white?

Pokey: That Adelaide game, Queensland should have worn white, it was a terrible refereeing decision to let them play!

Did we wear white in the first grand final?!

Pokes

~Floss~ said:
I don't actually think CCM & Qld home strips would clash too much. Scum however...

The scum strips should be banned. What drugs were they on when they go "Ok, for Newcastle we'll combine baby poo with a bronze/gold" Yuck.

Although, my friend goes "Newcastle won't make the grand final...Bronze always means Third".

Well said I think.

thomas477

The colour of the "scum" jersey acually come from FC Barcelona's away strip (i think - i am a "jets" supporter :D)
Anyways i like the gold but the QLD one is too over the top to come back on topic
Wonder what the Thunder and Galaxy's jerseies will be......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred