• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Expansion

P

Pete

shelleybeach said:
Gold Coast Galaxy to be funded by property developers? sounds like a good business plan. i'll give em 2 years to fold if they're let in
*cough* OUR major investor happens to be a property developer. :naughty:

Link: http://www.tgd.com.au

dibo

midfielder said:
same old kev always moaning

i didn't realise harry's socceroo squad number was 01? interesting...

harry-kewell.jpg

shelleybeach

mmm, *cough* OUR major investor happens to be a property developer.

an ex sydney fc supporter too - something to keep an eye on

P

Pete

Too true Shelleybeach, but if you have seen the way Peter Turnbull genuinely has a passion for football, rather than just some side investment to his main business, you'll realise that he wants to stick around.

I've seen him jumping around like some loon with the rest of us when Saso has finally snagged a goal in a tense Wellington match, and you can't fake that sort of outburst.

Also I saw an article on Friday in the Telegraph-  CC edition(?), that had Turnbull saying he wanted to get a football complex up and running, and it's not a small plan either. 10 Football fields, admin. complex etc. Wyong Council Councillor Pavier, I think, was quoted saying the idea was a good one. So it seems he wants to spend his money in this region.

grecquemariner

MMMM now i am a little worried as i heard a rumor about Aloisi buying property on the gold coast. I Thought this rumor was crap because surely he would not leave us for the snore. But to start up a new and upcoming HAL Club. Will have to wait and see. 

midfielder

Shelleybeach, if you go have a look at Peter Turnbull CV on football you will see as Pete has stated above he has real passion for football.

I think he is the biggest asset Sydney lost, what Peter understands and it fits perfectly with the Mariner's model is you need to build a club from the bottom up, and to do that you must work with the associations and local clubs. Cement that in place and the club will be there forever. Also the idea of creating "AUSTRALIA'S CENTER OF FOOTBALL EXCELLENCE"  that is what Peter wants.

As a club we need this, as we have the smallest population and not the largest ground, so as the A-league expands we will need to be competitive and our juniors will help us. Further we like Victory have a plan to move forward, look at the Flying Circus there senior management still have no idea how to connect with the football family.

IMO Shelleybeach, Turnbull is a tremendous addition to our club, and will add value. He has the passion we all share and as I suggested go look at his CV and then post again with your throughts.

midfielder

grecquemariner said:
MMMM now i am a little worried as i heard a rumor about Aloisi buying property on the gold coast. I Thought this rumor was crap because surely he would not leave us for the snore. But to start up a new and upcoming HAL Club. Will have to wait and see. 

Tell Singo ................ cement truck will be on it's way to GC.

Andy

fish said:
Im sure Aloisi has property all over the place I wouldnt give that report much value.

I'd hope so.

Aloisi is starting to find some good goal-scoring form and IMO can still get a lot better.

Would absolutely love to have him here next season.

midfielder

harry-kewell.jpg

[/quote]

Never noticed until you pointed it out, any idea why and how, 10 becomes 01.

dibo

midfielder said:

harry-kewell.jpg

Never noticed until you pointed it out, any idea why and how, 10 becomes 01.

[/quote]

the pic's mirrored. duh... ;)

Blackadder

Canberra, as mentioned been tried and failed in the NSL, also lost a Basketball team from the national comp so a question remains over sponsorship viability for sports that aren't considered
main stream.
Wollongong, Possibility IMHO and if done correctly being community focused can achieve what the Mariners have done for the CC.
Gold Coast, Rapidly growing region, rugby league already established (after several failed attempts), prehaps a chance but could also go the way of the previous gold coast league sides, and NBL side.
N.Qld, Fanatical support from the locals but is there enough of the corporate $$$$ to go around.

Jimmy

it'd be interesting to see if wollongong name themselves the wolves, or would they ditch the NSL days and try and come up with some shitty name.

kevrenor

Jimmydinho said:
it'd be interesting to see if wollongong name themselves the wolves, or would they ditch the NSL days and try and come up with some shitty name.
It would be extremely unwise to name themselves the Wolves. The Illawarra is a hotbed of football but with 120 years of history there are longstanding links with your local club. The Wolves were a new entity in the NSL but did just about everything to piss off broader supporters in the Illawarra, and though a small band of Wolves supporters would object a brand new club linking to the community like the Mariners would be better.

adz

Staff member
Would be nice to see a couple of new teams for next season. Wellington Sheep Shaggers got off the ground on extremely short notice, so I guess it can be done.

djebella

mariners4ever said:
wollongong warriors  ;D

From what I've read the tentative name they have is Great South Football.  Which much like Northern Thunder is meant to be inclusive of the region surrounding their home base.

fish

adz said:
Would be nice to see a couple of new teams for next season. Wellington Sheep Shaggers got off the ground on extremely short notice, so I guess it can be done.

They had the availability of the KFC to start them off and the fact they are a 1 team nation and a lot of ex pats wanted to come home.
Wollongong have um Spenny to call on to come home.

djebella

fish said:
adz said:

They had the availability of the KFC to start them off and the fact they are a 1 team nation and a lot of ex pats wanted to come home.
Wollongong have um Spenny to call on to come home.

And Chippers! He's even willing to stump up cash for it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred