• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A - League Awards Lunch - Today

Gopher of Pern

thomas477 said:
mariners4evachamps said:
well with the fair play award i went out and reasearched thinking the jets couldnt of got it so this is what i came up with;

got the points system of the a-league website
http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_newsdisplay&id=21601

and the players statistics also of the a-league website
http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_playerstats&seasonid=97&showdetailstatisticstype=9

and here are the results

1. Perth = 46
2. Melbourne = 49
3. Adelaide = 51
4. Newcastle = 55
5. Sydney = 58
6. Wellington = 65
7. Queensland = 75
8. Mariners = 77

So you tell me how newcastle won this award as the team with the less points on this system are meant to win the fair play award so techniqually Perth should of won this award for the 3rd year in a row......

notice any red cards by the jets?

NO!!!

Here is the actual table, painstakingly derived by going through each match.

SCUM:        44
Sydney:      51
Adelaide:    52
Melbourne:  53
Perth:        56
Queensland: 61
Wellington:  64
Us:            67

skilbeck

i wonder what our score wouldve been like without the dodgy reds to porter, danny and kwasnik and a few less dodgy yellows

serious14

Sack whacks, diving, elbows, racist players........... sh*t yeah, that right there is the fairest play of all.

The FFA really have no clue.

Pokes

thomas477 said:
mariners4evachamps said:
well with the fair play award i went out and reasearched thinking the jets couldnt of got it so this is what i came up with;

got the points system of the a-league website
http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_newsdisplay&id=21601

and the players statistics also of the a-league website
http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_playerstats&seasonid=97&showdetailstatisticstype=9

and here are the results

1. Perth = 46
2. Melbourne = 49
3. Adelaide = 51
4. Newcastle = 55
5. Sydney = 58
6. Wellington = 65
7. Queensland = 75
8. Mariners = 77

So you tell me how newcastle won this award as the team with the less points on this system are meant to win the fair play award so techniqually Perth should of won this award for the 3rd year in a row......

notice any red cards by the jets?

NO!!!

That's cause the ref's were too busy enjoying Griffith's hand on his crotch to give any out ;)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I was under the impression the the JW medal was like the Brownlow...absolutely spotless record to be in the running....so in football terms...doesnt the yellow card for sack whacking the decoration eliminate the odious little turd from the running then?

kevrenor

RECKY said:
I was under the impression the the JW medal was like the Brownlow...absolutely spotless record to be in the running....so in football terms...doesnt the yellow card for sack whacking the decoration eliminate the odious little turd from the running then?

No only reds ... no matter how undeserved the red.

I think the media are applying just enough subtle pressure from what I have seen to embarrass the FFA and have them review their awards process.

In regard to fairest team, well we have only ourselves to blame for many of our reds and yellows ! We may have been too soft in season 2 but I think we over-reacted in season 3

P

Pete

kevrenor said:
RECKY said:

I think the media are applying just enough subtle pressure from what I have seen to embarrass the FFA and have them review their awards process.

Kevrenor, the FFA needs to really have a good look at themselves and see whether they are starting to see the ghosts of Sir Arthur and co. pre Crawford days in the mirror. They are starting to edge towards that stench. Those awards are a fricking joke.
:fireup:

fedelta

Gopher of Pern said:
We weren't really that bad....

Take away 3 dubious reds we received, and we're almost equal with Perth....

Porter's definitely shouldn't have been.. that was such a shit decision
How many reds did we actually get?
I counted 5?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I remember a Vidmar DOGSO, which I don't think was (but that's only the benefit of slow-motion; can't criticise the ref there - anybody would've called it at full speed).  Danny DOGSO, which clearly wasn't.  Porter SFP, wasn't, but I can see how it might've looked bad from certain angles.  Danny VC, can't argue there.  What else?
Kwassie's DOGSO (come to think of it, why was he on the goal line anyway?), that's a tough one,.

Porter's was pretty funny - usually when there's a red you at least have a vague idea what it could be for.  Even if you abuse the ref from the grandstand for it, usually you still have some idea what it might've been for.  Porter's, nobody had any clue whatsoever - we didn't even see a foul! Heck, even Danny's red, we all stood there assuming he had called a cheat, I think there was less confusion over his!

I remember Viddy getting sent for 2 cautions, when the first caution was BS (although he was still an idiot for getting sent, the 2nd caution was so deliberate).  I think both Viddy's reds were from Shield.

Ummm.....not sure what else.

Funny thing is, while our discipline was poor this season, I don't think we've had that many dirty real dirty tackles.  We have a few heavy charges, some deliberate late clips, and a few hacks, but none of them were really all that hard.  Despite our discipline, I don't think we were really trying to harm any of our opponents.  Compare that to some of the vicious challenges we've seen this season.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred