• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A - League Awards Lunch - Today

Pokes

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23284510-23215,00.html

Wait....Newcastle won FAIR PLAY ?

Hahahahahahaha.

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

Anyone catch those elbows Griffiths was throwing around in the GF?

tommyd

The keeper is only part of the defense.  How many goals that went past Theo were his fault???  Not Many!!!  No wonder Vukovic didn't win it and no it didn't have anything to do with Sunday. 

Mark Shield deserved to win referee of the year.  Best by far and happy to have him ref any Melbourne Game or ACL game.  Not only is he the Best in Australia, but also the best in Asia and one of the bright prospects in World Football Officiating. 

Newcastle Winning the fair play award is a joke.  Must have been due to Joel Griffiths touching up the FFA boys in the right way.  Those people from Newcastle are demented weirdos at the best of times  ;D. 

skilbeck

tommyd I dont remember many seeing goals being scored against us this season that were dannys fault perhaps only Agostino against Adelaide being the only exception.

And Newcastle and fair play let me think, there was griffos fondle of the assistant ref, the musialik monkey incident, the countless dives and shirt pulling.

adz

Staff member
Marinators f**k You award: Tied between Newcastle Jets, all the refs, and the FFA.

Congratulations

:thumbup:

Gav...

I dont now how the jets recieved the fair play award oviuosly fair play is hitting lines men in the nuts and being rude to oppositions supporters and cheats

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Shield was appointed the GF - that already says he's the best ref, so of course he's going to get the ref of the year.  And even though he completely blew 2 major calls, I'd still have to say he's the best.

Did the jets wind up with the lowest card count?

It'd absolutely ludicrous that any team with players that regularly dive can get a 'fair play' award - but then again, none of them were actually booked for it, IIRC.  And if it's done purely on card tally, then the diving is irrelevant.

What's the criteria for the Johnny Warren medal? 

Gav...

Johnny Warren Medal

This medal will be awarded to the Players Player of the Year.
Named in honour of Johnny Warren.
All players on a clubs 23 man player roster must vote. Injury Replacement players are not eligible to vote.
Votes will be on a 3-2-1 basis.
Votes will be cast on 3 separate occasions at the conclusion of Rounds 7, 14 and 21. Votes must be cast after the nominated round and before the following round.
Players are not permitted to vote for their own team mates.
Voting must be kept confidential.
Hyundai A-League Finals Series matches will not be included in the voting.
Players who receive a direct red card are not eligible to win. (i.e. excluding players sent off for RC7 2nd yellow card).
Joint medals will be awarded if two players finish equal on points.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Well, personally I think that Griffiths is the least deserving person for any medal....but unfortunately if the criteria has been met.

It makes me sick to the stomach to hear of Johnny Warren's name being associated with that despicable, low life cheat. 

Now if he had been sent off for hitting that AR, not only would the Jets not have made the finals at all (let alone the GF), but Griffiths wouldn't have received the JW medal!

Gav...

well with the fair play award i went out and reasearched thinking the jets couldnt of got it so this is what i came up with;

got the points system of the a-league website
http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_newsdisplay&id=21601

and the players statistics also of the a-league website
http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_playerstats&seasonid=97&showdetailstatisticstype=9

and here are the results

1. Perth = 46
2. Melbourne = 49
3. Adelaide = 51
4. Newcastle = 55
5. Sydney = 58
6. Wellington = 65
7. Queensland = 75
8. Mariners = 77

So you tell me how newcastle won this award as the team with the less points on this system are meant to win the fair play award so techniqually Perth should of won this award for the 3rd year in a row......

adz

Staff member
Foriegnmariner said:
adz said:
Marinators f**k You award: Tied between Newcastle Jets, all the refs, and the FFA.

Congratulations

:thumbup:
What about Total Football and Craig Foster?

My bad! Both worthy winners of the f**k you award :)

thomas477

mariners4evachamps said:
well with the fair play award i went out and reasearched thinking the jets couldnt of got it so this is what i came up with;

got the points system of the a-league website
http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_newsdisplay&id=21601

and the players statistics also of the a-league website
http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_playerstats&seasonid=97&showdetailstatisticstype=9

and here are the results

1. Perth = 46
2. Melbourne = 49
3. Adelaide = 51
4. Newcastle = 55
5. Sydney = 58
6. Wellington = 65
7. Queensland = 75
8. Mariners = 77

So you tell me how newcastle won this award as the team with the less points on this system are meant to win the fair play award so techniqually Perth should of won this award for the 3rd year in a row......

notice any red cards by the jets?

NO!!!

P

Pete

mariners4evachamps said:
makes me laugh to that adam griffiths is leading card reciever for the league

More likely the receiver of swollen goods.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred