• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

4 / 10 Home AFC Match / Stallions Laguna

Kilsin

For me it’s the way they look at it.

If you can’t decide on one or 2 run throughs with only slowed down by 1 or 2 times (not freeze frame or ultra slow motion for 9 or 10 goes) then it’s not clear and obvious so get on with the bloody game.
Spot on, mate...my thoughts exactly.

It's not clear and obvious if it has to be replayed 40 times from 9 different angles at 17 different speeds.

It's either a clear error and overturned or passed back to the ref with a "sorry, no idea, not clear enough, play on" message.

pjennings

Spot on, mate...my thoughts exactly.

It's not clear and obvious if it has to be replayed 40 times from 9 different angles at 17 different speeds.

It's either a clear error and overturned or passed back to the ref with a "sorry, no idea, not clear enough, play on" message.
If it is clear an obvious you should be able to view all angles once or twice - but only at normal speed. If you can't pick it up at normal speed by then it is not clear and obvious.

Robbiemariner

The thing for me about the VAR is how bad the tech is and how slow it is. For something like cricket it's different as it's all stop start and they stand around mostly anyway. Football needs to keep moving but they can hold up play for a few minutes at a time and STILL f**k it up.
How does Americas NFL/AFC get it so right , umpire flags , decision verbally announced quick smart

Reactions: adz

Ironbark

I also think VAR should only ever be used for goal/non-goal decisions or serious red card situations. Absolutely not for anything else.

It needs to be clear or obvious to hold up play. If it's grey - ref's original call should stand and no waiting should occur.

Seems this would be easy and obvious but somehow isn't

dlanod

The thing for me about the VAR is how bad the tech is and how slow it is. For something like cricket it's different as it's all stop start and they stand around mostly anyway. Football needs to keep moving but they can hold up play for a few minutes at a time and STILL f**k it up.
The automated one for the WC was really good for that. Computer says yes/no, everyone goes on.

scottmac

Suspended
I'd get rid of VAR totally and just have goal line tech to check mwhether a ball crossed the line.

End of.
No.

Once it's there it's not going, so live with it and don't expect it to be perfect.

And I wouldn't get rid of it even if I could. The amount of shit it's got rid of justifies it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred