• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.

turbo

Sniping coming from all quarters. It's almost like they are a group of mean girls not a team.
Maybe Staj wasn't the issue after all?
That's what happens when you bow to players instead of backing a manager to make changes. Might have felt good to get their own way then but I reckon there's a few that might be feeling the hangover now and it'll only get worse if we fail to progress.

Melange

Sniping coming from all quarters. It's almost like they are a group of mean girls not a team.
Maybe Staj wasn't the issue after all?
While there's a chance the players who were involved in axing Staj are around I won't lose sleep if these, as you say, mean girls don't progress.

Other then that there are a few selection issues and an overhyped view of our players abilities from the gush merchants that are our football commentators.

Raso - most overrated player on the team
Carpenter - overrated, she's fit, fast and has a great engine, but composure and end product in the final third is missing. She may become the player she's hyped to be as she develops
All our goalies - I see better playing in the NSL in Canberra and that's a very limited pool
van Egmond - fantastic example of the commentator gush, they rave about her. Do some proper f**king analysis, she's shit! She's not going to get better, give a youngster with potential a go. We have years of evidence proving that she's shit, why does she keep getting selected? The Robbie Kruse of the women's squad.

I'm not a master tactician, but Vine is a much better player than Raso and we couldn't get the ball to her in the second half. Rarely went left.
And why constant attempts to float crosses in? Arnie ball. Nigeria looked comfortable all night defending them, until the subs came on, plus it seems we are technically unable to deliver a good cross.

Oh, and van Egmond is shit!

Otherwise our team isn't as good as the media would have you believe. With a better coach I think they'd be more competitive, but, mean girls, who cares?

pjennings

While there's a chance the players who were involved in axing Staj are around I won't lose sleep if these, as you say, mean girls don't progress.

Other then that there are a few selection issues and an overhyped view of our players abilities from the gush merchants that are our football commentators.

Raso - most overrated player on the team
Carpenter - overrated, she's fit, fast and has a great engine, but composure and end product in the final third is missing. She may become the player she's hyped to be as she develops
All our goalies - I see better playing in the NSL in Canberra and that's a very limited pool
van Egmond - fantastic example of the commentator gush, they rave about her. Do some proper f**king analysis, she's shit! She's not going to get better, give a youngster with potential a go. We have years of evidence proving that she's shit, why does she keep getting selected? The Robbie Kruse of the women's squad.

I'm not a master tactician, but Vine is a much better player than Raso and we couldn't get the ball to her in the second half. Rarely went left.
And why constant attempts to float crosses in? Arnie ball. Nigeria looked comfortable all night defending them, until the subs came on, plus it seems we are technically unable to deliver a good cross.

Oh, and van Egmond is shit!

Otherwise our team isn't as good as the media would have you believe. With a better coach I think they'd be more competitive, but, mean girls, who cares?
From what I gathered at the time most of the Staj complainers were among the young Matildas

I like Raso but she has not been at her best, Carpenter is overrated, Arnold is probably the weakest of our three GKs, Van Egmond reminds me of Culina, all the commentators gush but poor output when compared to Mile who the commentators hated for years. Floating the ball in is Tony's tactics, but doesn't work when Kerr is not there. Kennedy seems to always be involved in defensive cockups. What does Chidiac have to do to get selected.

turbo

From what I gathered at the time most of the Staj complainers were among the young Matildas
He was sacked 4 years ago so those in their mid to late 20s now were young - not necessarily the youngest but perhaps transitioning into senior positions within the team. It's hard to know with all the gossip and social media rumors but there did seem to be a vibe of things changing and naturally those who are supposed to get their turn as top dog next will be upset.

Big Al

They kept making the same bad choices over and over even when it was clear it wasn’t working particularly in the second half. Maybe Sam steals another goal in that period of dominance if she’s fit but it would be masking a whole heap of issues if she did.

Coach didn’t respond or change the plan when they came out looking hungry and obviously has zero faith in his bench to get the job done, only used 2 of them. Chidiac one of our best by far in the second half.
Absolutely.

They have been ordinary for a while now and that’s with Sam saving their bacon. It actually started towards the end of Staj reign. There are a few holding from our glory days and it’s not their fault no one has pushed them out.

I thought Foord was excellent and everything she did had purpose and possibly.

Gory was off as was carpenter.

The defense has been horrible for a while and it cracked under the bright lights. No surprise.

Really Ireland gave us a lot of trouble in game 1 and you could say we are lucky not to be out already but a rebounds bounce another way and we are top of the group.

I hate the coach but the players haven’t demanded to be picked so the depth isn’t there and everyone is getting better.

If we get that header in 5mins earlier I think they would have scored the 3rd

Hope they can pull it out against Canada just for all the positivity the tournament has and us being in the knockout rounds would be great

booney

On another forum I felt that this team making the quarter finals would be their limit so anything above that would be a tremendous feat.Not making the R of 16 when the host nation is very poor.

No doubt Kerr's absence and also Fowler's absence did not help and with Kyah Simon not fully recovered but in the squad her selection was a ridiculous decision.

Carpenter and Raso though fast and willing to run at opponents do not provide end product as many have pointed out.Chidiac in her 15 minutes or so looked our best player and should have been on much earlier..

Van Egmond did take her goal well but really is past her best and was lucky to be in the squad.Not much ball came Cortney Vine's way and she and Catley do not seem to gel down our left side.

Arnold and Kennedy were not on the same wave length for that horrible match winning 3rd goal and Kennedy's lack of pace was evident on several occasions.

The commentators rave about Gorry and she is a worker but does turn over the ball too much and her yellow card tackle could easily have been a red.Foord did well in setting up our goal but she have done better with header when she stole in behind the Nigerian defence.Cooney-Cross is solid and has good technique but her corners were too predictable and it was a puzzle why more short corners weren't used as the Nigerian defenders were good in the air.Hunt,the right CB, is reliable and will be a mainstay of this team for the next few years.

Tony G might be a nice bloke and did get some good results coming into the finals but is out of his depth at this level and perhaps some of the senior players have too much say regarding selection and tactics but I don't know that for sure.

ryan

That was not a good performance. It's pretty clear that Katrina Gorry is our most important player but she turned the ball over too much last night. There was a lack of composure all over the park. As much as i like Kyah Simon i think our squad would have been better with Emily Gielnik who is fit and would have played last night. It was a cracking atmosphere and such a shame the team was not able to feed off it very well. Why it took so long for subs i have no idea! Onward to Melbourne where we must win. It will take a massive turn around but i will hold out hope.

Wombat

Australia were horrible and cost me money. Personally i am NOT a fan of Foord at all....toothless. I think Gielnik might have helped and can at least finish. Van egmond is shite.

I do like Carpenter and Raso but the main problem is the coach...........that was pathetic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred