• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2020/21 Season

Ironbark

Don't get me wrong - as I've already said I want him to stay. We win games with him and tend not to without. Especially this season he puts in a monster load of work defensively too.

But if we have to triple his pay to keep him...? I can't see he's worth that currently (it's speculation anyway).

I think for him personally - as with many of our best players like Ruon - it would be nuts to leave for another A-League team.

Tevor

Don't get me wrong - as I've already said I want him to stay. We win games with him and tend not to without. Especially this season he puts in a monster load of work defensively too.

But if we have to triple his pay to keep him...? I can't see he's worth that currently (it's speculation anyway).

I think for him personally - as with many of our best players like Ruon - it would be nuts to leave for another A-League team.
If DDS goes back to possession based football which is very likely under those two (if he has signed with them) I can see him going back to his good old dribble around in circles and not going anywhere method. Staj has seen this and made him be more direct this year and he has had a stand our season. I've enjoyed watching him this year and you can see he is enjoying his football again.

Will also be interesting to see how Davila goes under their tutelage as well as he plays direct and not possession football. Also are DDS and Davila too similar to be effective in the same team???

What is clear however on Paper the Cows should have finished higher up the ladder and be more of the threat to take out the toilet seat so the coaching staff have not done a great job. Rudan did better with WU in their first season.

marinermick

If DDS goes back to possession based football which is very likely under those two (if he has signed with them) I can see him going back to his good old dribble around in circles and not going anywhere method. Staj has seen this and made him be more direct this year and he has had a stand our season. I've enjoyed watching him this year and you can see he is enjoying his football again.

Will also be interesting to see how Davila goes under their tutelage as well as he plays direct and not possession football. Also are DDS and Davila too similar to be effective in the same team???

What is clear however on Paper the Cows should have finished higher up the ladder and be more of the threat to take out the toilet seat so the coaching staff have not done a great job. Rudan did better with WU in their first season.

With Davilla and DDS they will need a midfield enforcer or they will be swamped physically through the middle.

Big Dog

He got poor well before that....only his first 8 or 9 rounds was good
Maybe he was hyped up so much at the start of the season that anything else was not going to be enough. He clearly has athleticism and talent but he’s young and inexperienced at even A-league level. Adapting to the pace and positioning of the game, coming in as a super sub, then asked to start and adapt, then back to 10-15min at the back of the game is not ideal. It’s harsh to say he’s disinterested in my view, he’s still learning the game at elite level

turbo

Maybe he was hyped up so much at the start of the season that anything else was not going to be enough. He clearly has athleticism and talent but he’s young and inexperienced at even A-league level. Adapting to the pace and positioning of the game, coming in as a super sub, then asked to start and adapt, then back to 10-15min at the back of the game is not ideal. It’s harsh to say he’s disinterested in my view, he’s still learning the game at elite level
I think the way he was being used early and getting some good results then dropping back to very limited minutes affected his mentality. That plus him trying to avoid suspension for yellow cards early. In hindsight I’d rather him serve his week and not slow down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami