• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2020/21 Season

Huddo

It would basically mean in a 27 game league around 41-42 would be needed to be safe comparatively. That's crazy numbers.

Big Al

Maybe you're right, but if that is the case in a 24 game comp, records will be smashed.
Just being conservative and more from the point of view that we don’t want to be in a race for 6th needing a win in the last game or two

and we have seen lots of teams go on runs. We don’t want Roar and WU pushing up

shipwreck

I'm only just realising that we play some teams 3 times and others only twice, ftom what I can see we have to play Melbourne City, Macarthur and WU an extra time while other teams get to play the cellar dwellars a third time and potentially pick up easy points.

That kinda sucks... How did they come up with this ?

Huddo

I'm only just realising that we play some teams 3 times and others only twice, ftom what I can see we have to play Melbourne City, Macarthur and WU an extra time while other teams get to play the cellar dwellars a third time and potentially pick up easy points.

Melbourne City have be gifted a dream run (and possibly the plate with their third games)

shipwreck

Yeh that's my point, how can you give ladder position incentives such as grand final qualification and even a premiership based on an unfair draw? Like that's the definition of unfair, not all member having the same opportunity... Madness

bikinigirl

. does that mean that you didn't realise last season either ... or didn't care - because it really had no impact on us?

. until last week i had been wondering whether there had been any teams already play three times and whether the draw may have been cut back to 22 rounds considering the congestion and the upcoming internationals

shipwreck

. does that mean that you didn't realise last season either ... or didn't care - because it really had no impact on us?

. until last week i had been wondering whether there had been any teams already play three times and whether the draw may have been cut back to 22 rounds considering the congestion and the upcoming internationals
I noticed last season but tbh thought it was a consequence of having an odd number of teams, I thought Macarthur in it would be a level comp now with no byes or stacked fixtures

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Isn’t the draw weird due to the pandemic ?....the HAL could probably have sorted that by having a bubble and getting Glory , Bris and both Melbs to move to NSW ....just like the Welligong fire chickens and the paddock wrestlers did

Pirate Pete

Isn’t the draw weird due to the pandemic ?....the HAL could probably have sorted that by having a bubble and getting Glory , Bris and both Melbs to move to NSW ....just like the Welligong fire chickens and the paddock wrestlers did
No it's always lop sided I think.
There's always discussion about it.
Usually about if we play fc,wanderers, jets twice at home or not

Ironbark

A few years ago there were 10 teams and 27 games - that's playing the other 9 teams 3 times each.
Whether it was two home games and one away or two away games and one at home against any given team varied season to season.

Adding a team lopsided the draw for a season, and then covid lopsided the next even though we got back to an even number of teams (12 team comp could mean playing 11 other teams 3 times, 33 game season)

Ironbark

Ultimately - and this is the main thing for me - regardless of what happens next we have our credibility back.
After 4 spoons in 5 years if we simply had a mid-table/mediocre season people still would have said we were a sh*t team who just didn't go so badly this year.
Now our reputation is repaired and we are seen as a force to be respected.
I take that as a massive success whatever comes next.

That said - most seasons that we have done well in we have had a 5-10 game run where we dipped in form and results and then came back strong to get over the line. I think we will do this again and probably be top 4.
If not I will happily take a top 6 position and finals (which we can give a real shake regardless) and the credibility of a team capable of pushing for silverware.

Last edited:

LFCMariners

Ultimately - and this is the main thing for me - regardless of what happens next we have our credibility back.
After 4 spoons in 5 years if we simply had a mid-table/mediocre season people still would have said we were a sh*t team who just didn't go so badly this year.
Now we have our reputation is repaired and we are seen as a force to be respected. I take that as a massive success whatever comes next.

That said - most seasons that we have done well in we have had a 5-10 game run where we dipped in form and results and then came back strong to get over the line. I think we will do this again and probably be top 4.
If not I will happily take a top 6 position and finals (which we can give a real shake regardless) and the credibility of a team capable of pushing for silverware.
They were a better squad (with probably a better manager) than what we have, but this is exactly what happened to Ange's Roar in 2011/12 mid-season, costing them the league (CCM claimed it) but they went on to win the toilet seat.

Similar thing happened the following season to CCM IIRC, including the 0-1 loss to WSW that turned the league in their favour before we turned it back around and beat them in the GF.

Problem atm doesn't seem to be with the players available or with their attitude- both notably better than they have been for 5 years. Biggest problem is with how they've been utilised and this can be fixed provided Staj is seeing what we've been seeing and isn't too stubborn.

Right now the aim should be to scout the lower leagues for players who can take over from Kuol when he leaves at seasons' end. Look at their stats and keep an eye on the intangibles like their effort, because that's why Kuol has been so valuable this season. It's those 1% things he does where he gets that tiny advantage and creates goals from them.

Big Al

How do we think Murray would go in a better team with a better coach?
Pace to burn, great work rate but had to play in front of rubbish
When we gave him some service he was fine
I was expecting to see him announced as soon as Indian PL finished and was surprised he hasn’t comeback

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami