• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2019/20 Round 1

Rowdy

Adelaide United v Sydney FC at Coopers Stadium, 7.30pm is the 'first cab off the rank' for the 2018/20 A-League season, a repeat of last season of them clashing for a Rnd 1 game.

Head to head:
Adelaide 17, Sydney 18, drawn 8

Last clash:
Round 21, 2018-19
@ Leichhardt Oval
Sydney (2) v Adelaide (0)

Adelaide United squad:
2.Michael MARRONE, 4.Ryan STRAIN, 5.Michaël MARIA, 6.Vince LIA, 7.Ryan KITTO, 8.Riley McGREE, 11.Kristian OPSETH, 14.George BLACKWOOD, 16.Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS, 17.Nikola MILEUSNIĆ, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 22.Michael JAKOBSEN (c), 23.Jordan ELSEY, 26.Ben HALLORAN, 27.Louis D’ARRIGO, 30.Isaac RICHARDS (gk), 31.Mirko BOLAND, 35.Al Hassan TOURE
**two to be omitted**

Ins: nil
Outs: nil
Unavailable:
1.Daniel MARGUŠ (international duty)

Sydney FC squad:
4.Alex WILKINSON, 5. Alex BAUMJOHANN, 6. Ryan McGOWAN, 7. Michael ZULLO, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.Adam LE FONDRE, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 11. Kosta BARBAROUSES, 13.Brandon O’NEILL, 16. Joel KING, 17.Anthony CACERES, 18. Luke IVANOVIC, 20. Tom HEWARD-BELLE (GK), 21. Harry VAN DER SAAG, 24. Marco TILIO, 26. Luke BRATTAN, 27. Jordi SWIBEL, 40. Tristan PRENDERGAST (GK).

**two to be omitted**

Unavailable:
1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk) (Socceroos duty),
2. Patrick FLOTTMANN (Olyroos u23’s Duty),
3.Ben WARLAND (ACL - indefinite),
12. Trent BUHAGIAR (ACL – indefinite),
23.Rhyan GRANT (Socceroos Duty), 25. Ryan TEAGUE (Joey’s u17’s World Cup Duty).

Rowdy

Despite losing Josh Brillante to The Plastics, Sydney have strengthened through acquiring an absolute SUPER-STRONG 4-man midfield this season;
• Brandon O’Neill
• Luke Brattan (moved from $ity)
• Alex Baumjohann (from WSW)
• Milos Ninkovic

Add to that, Anthony Caceres& Paulo Retre on the bench, BUT with Ryhan Grant out with the Socceroo's - could see Bimby starting Retre in the RB role.

Brattan NOT wanted by $ity has a point to prove.

Ninko, who wasnt as impressive as the season before (where he was on :fireup:) well may re-ignite his form with the new faces and combinations.

I think Baumjohann will knuckle down and show more quality than what he did at WSW, he just didnt look to be happy playing there last season.

Throw in McGowan next to Wilko at CB and they'll be tough to break down as well.

Think Sydney will be too strong for Adelaide, unless the nerves get the better of Tinker-Belle Heward on debut in goals for Sydney FC.

24 Hours & counting ...

turbo

I’ll go Sydney on that one. Adelaide haven’t been scoring a lot of goals outside of thrashing NPL teams and Troisi is a very late acquisition. Sydney have enough goal scoring potential that Adelaide might need 3 to win it and I don’t see that happening.

Wombat

Despite losing Josh Brillante to The Plastics, Sydney have strengthened through acquiring an absolute SUPER-STRONG 4-man midfield this season;
• Brandon O’Neill
• Luke Brattan (moved from $ity)
• Alex Baumjohann (from WSW)
• Milos Ninkovic

Add to that, Anthony Caceres& Paulo Retre on the bench, BUT with Ryhan Grant out with the Socceroo's - could see Bimby starting Retre in the RB role.

Brattan NOT wanted by $ity has a point to prove.

Ninko, who wasnt as impressive as the season before (where he was on :fireup:) well may re-ignite his form with the new faces and combinations.

I think Baumjohann will knuckle down and show more quality than what he did at WSW, he just didnt look to be happy playing there last season.

Throw in McGowan next to Wilko at CB and they'll be tough to break down as well.

Think Sydney will be too strong for Adelaide, unless the nerves get the better of Tinker-Belle Heward on debut in goals for Sydney FC.

24 Hours & counting ...

Jury out on Baumjohann. Has talent but is lazy and pea-hearted on last years display......see Caceras for reference. Brattan i like. Flawed at times but very decent player. O'Neill and Ninko very solid.......its a good very good midfield if if Baum can lift his workrate.

Forum Phoenix

Weren’t the ramble boys doing a tipping comp? Is that somewhere I don’t know?

Otherwise should have had a ccmfans one.

I’m tipping Sydney over AU.

Rowdy

I just changed the title so this one doesn't get out of hand :D
Adz, have absolutely no clue as to WHY? you'd think it needed to be changed, or how exactly 'it could get out of hand ' ???

We've had the exact same thread EVERY SEASON !!
Screenshot_2019-10-11-12-44-39-1.png Screenshot_2019-10-11-12-44-56-1.png Screenshot_2019-10-11-12-45-02-1.pngPeople watch a game, other than a Mariners game, then come in here and discuss it.
- which is why its in here in the Australian Football Board & not on the CCM Board.

Some years its 10 pages, some 20.
Can't fathom to think how it could 'get out of hand' :confused:

Far better than having 29 seperate threads for a season:
Rnd 1-2-3-4 ..-28-29.

Last edited:

adz

Staff member
Ooh! I am looking at moving away from creating long-running threads as we normally do, with maybe dozens of pages and hundreds of posts, so this...

Far better than having 29 seperate threads for a season:
Rnd 1-2-3-4 ..-28-29.

is actually what I want to move towards.
I'll explain reasoning a bit later when I get a few minutes.

FFC Mariner

Nix will get the spoon - we wont go close
Club needs to be closed down - Australian football owes them nothing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member