• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018 world cup qualifiers

sydmariner

Caltex Socceroos’ 2018 FIFA World Cup fate to be finalised on November 15
Football Federation Australia (FFA) today received official confirmation from FIFA that the Caltex Socceroos will play Honduras in Honduras for the first leg of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Intercontinental Play-off (CONCACAF-Asian Zone) on Friday 10 November 2017 (local time), with the second leg to be played at Stadium Australia in Sydney on Wednesday 15 November 2017.

FFA can confirm that the second leg in Sydney will kick-off at 8pm (AEDT), however has yet to receive confirmation regarding the match venue or kick-off time in Honduras.

FFA Chief Executive Officer David Gallop called upon all Australian sports fans to show their support for the Caltex Socceroos for the most important knock-out match since Australia defeated Uruguay at the same venue on November 16, 2005.

“Following last week’s dramatic play-off victory over Syria it comes down to these last two matches to see who will get the final berth at the 2018 FIFA World Cup,” said Gallop.

“There hasn’t been a more important match played in Australia since our last Intercontinental Play-off against Uruguay 12 years ago, and for all of us who were there it was truly a very special moment in Australian sporting history.”

“With a place at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia at stake, we’re calling on all football and sports fans to rally behind the Caltex Socceroos as they aim to qualify for their fourth successive FIFA World Cup,” concluded Gallop.

TimamyCahillasr.jpg

Tickets will go on sale to the Football Family from 12pm (AEDT) tomorrow (Monday 16 October) with the general public on-sale from 12pm (AEDT) Thursday 19 October. To purchase tickets, please visit www.socceroos.com.au/tickets for more information.

Both matches will be broadcast live on FOX SPORTS and the Nine Network.

2018 FIFA World Cup – Intercontinental Play-off (CONCACAF-Asian Zone)

Match Day Match Day 1 (First Leg)

Date Friday 10 November 2017

Fixture Honduras v Australia

Venue TBC, Honduras

Kick-off TBC

Match Day 2 (Second Leg)

Wednesday 15 November 2017

Australia v Honduras

Stadium Australia, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW

8pm (AEDT)
Find out more

3 hrs ago

Caltex Socceroos’ 2018 FIFA World Cup fate to be finalised on November 15
https://www.socceroos.com.au/tickets

ALL Mariners members get access to pre-sale From 12PM tomorrow (mon)

Last edited:

pjennings

Hands up - I'm a Mooy fanboy. Love his vision and ball control. He'd be better if he was surrounded by competent players like Rogic. While a big fan of Rogic (again, lovely vision and ball control) he does cough up the ball quite often. Just imagine if Mooy and Rogic had the heading ability of Cahill. They should, they're tall enough.

I do like Mooy - but only when he is playing well - which is a lot less that the Fox commentary team would have us believe. I saw a game a few months ago where Mile and he where both playing. Mooy was the second man to touch the ball from kick-off and proceeded to misdirect a pass straight over the sideline. He proceeded to turn the ball over continually with balls behind or too far in front of his teammates. The teammates were continually bagged by Harper when the fault lay with Mooy. Just after the 15 minute mark Mile turned over the ball for the first time. Harper made the point then that the midfield was turning over way too much possession.

Similarly, in his Fox away to Syria he lost the ball 16 times in the first half, continually putting his defence under pressure. I didn't bother counting in the second half but I was stunned when he was made man of the match.

Big Al

I do like Mooy - but only when he is playing well - which is a lot less that the Fox commentary team would have us believe. I saw a game a few months ago where Mile and he where both playing. Mooy was the second man to touch the ball from kick-off and proceeded to misdirect a pass straight over the sideline. He proceeded to turn the ball over continually with balls behind or too far in front of his teammates. The teammates were continually bagged by Harper when the fault lay with Mooy. Just after the 15 minute mark Mile turned over the ball for the first time. Harper made the point then that the midfield was turning over way too much possession.

Similarly, in his Fox away to Syria he lost the ball 16 times in the first half, continually putting his defence under pressure. I didn't bother counting in the second half but I was stunned when he was made man of the match.
Mooy hasn't been playing well for Aussies for a while. Nowhere near his potential.

Has a little PL bias from commentators.
Just because they love him at Huddersfield and being getting plenty of love in Championship doesn't mean he is good for Australia.

Huddersfield like him to slow the tempo, the Aussies do not.

He was horrible in all the hot countries

JoyfulPenguin

I definitely think Mooy is our best player, but not to the degree that the Fox commentators seem to think. He needs much more support than he has been given, we need to set up a team to harness his passing range not just one that kicks the ball to him and hopes he can magic something out of it.

Tevor

I definitely think Mooy is our best player, but not to the degree that the Fox commentators seem to think. He needs much more support than he has been given, we need to set up a team to harness his passing range not just one that kicks the ball to him and hopes he can magic something out of it.
Totally agree JP it isn't necessarily Mooy letting the National team down its Ange Football that doesn't really fit his playing style. I think that goes for other players as well in the National team.

sydmariner

Jedinak set for Villa return as Honduras looms
In great news for the Caltex Socceroos ahead of next month’s winner-takes-all FIFA World Cup playoff against Honduras, skipper Mile Jedinak is set to return to action for Aston Villa this weekend.

Villa boss Steve Bruce confirmed that Jedinak is now fit and is available for the club’s Championship match this weekend, the local derby against Birmingham City.

The 33-year-old has played just 45 minutes this season as he battles a persistent groin injury.

“Jedinak (is) available for the Birmingham trip,’’ Bruce said.

“Mile’s trained for the last week.

“But he hasn’t played since last May really so that would be a big call (to start) but (he is) available.”

On Wednesday, Jedinak was named in Ange Postecoglou’s preliminary 30-man squad for the intercontinental playoff against Honduras.

The squad will be trimmed to 23 next week.

Jedinak’s availability would be a huge boost for the Caltex Socceroos, especially with Mark Milligan suspended for the first leg away from home.

If Jedinak can make the Villa squad for this weekend, it would give him three matches to get under his belt before linking up with the Australian squad.

After the Birmingham clash, Villa then plays Preston North End and Sheffield Wednesday before the international break.

sydmariner

FFA receives confirmation from FIFA that single yellow cards won't carry through to Honduras matches
Football Federation Australia (FFA) received official confirmation from the FIFA Disciplinary Committee that all single cautions that have not resulted in an expulsion or in a match suspension are cancelled for the CONCACAF/AFC intercontinental play-off matches of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia.

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee made the decision after considering the relevant number of matches that Honduras and Australia have played during their respective qualification campaigns so far.

As there was a disproportion of matches by Australia and Honduras, this inequality was considered an exceptional circumstance and therefore the Committee decided to cancel all single cautions received by the players from Australia for the intercontinental play-off matches of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia .

The suspensions for Mark Milligan and Mathew Leckie for accumulation of yellow cards prior to the intercontinental play-off matches of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia will remain.

FFA CEO David Gallop welcomed the decision of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee

“This decision is a victory for Fair Play,” said Gallop

“We thank FIFA for considering this exceptional circumstance and making their decision.

“This decision will allow both teams to field their best players, on even terms, for these extremely important play-off matches which is what all football fans want to see,” concluded Gallop.

The Caltex Socceroos face Honduras in San Pedro Sula, Honduras on Friday 10 November 2017 and then at Stadium Australian in Sydney on Wednesday 15 November 2017.

The winner of these matches over two legs will earn a place at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Shitty fkn pitch or not today, the Roos are only converting 1 out of 10 shots at goal....and that’s just dire
I thinks it’s fair to say that this will be the end for Ange, he ain’t done a whole lot since winning the ACL mug, and let’s not talk Captain Overrated Aaron fkn Mooy...actually most of them have the “not giving a f**k” look about em of late

Big Al

Dominated and let a big chance slip. Should of and needed to score one of those chances. An away goal would have been key.

We have been letting in goals on the break when dominating all campaign. Think Thailand so we won’t be safe if we do score at home. Will be a tense 2nd leg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred