• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018 Pre-Season Games ...... yes they exist !!

Ozhammer

Thanks Pete.

Yeah ok. Defensively was our weakness transition as in was it case of wingback caught up the park. They counter wide, too stretched and score... or general defensive disorganisation?
Bit of a combination of all of the above. Millar looked less impressive this time round than he did against Adamtown reserve third grade and got caught upfield regularly, as did McDonald at times and there seemed to be no structured cover from one of the other middies. As BG mentioned, we looked decidedly less flash after O’Neil went off (does anyone know if it was an injury?) followed by Tom at the break. Melling continues to give the ball away at key times and in dangerous positions, which he needs to improve hugely on.

McDonald looked serviceable again and with more time at pro level might prove a useful asset. Weemac was busy all game and Simmo worked his butt off to hold the ball up and bring others into the attack.

Berry worked hard after coming on but I fear he will have to endure another season on the fringes given the competition in our midfield.

Rowles, McGing and Clisby were solid enough and not overly to blame for the goals we conceded imo. BK had one of his less than impressive games unfortunately, so that aspect of our team worries me hugely given the options we have below him.

Murray also went off with what looked like a knee injury, so hopefully it wasn’t serious. Pain was lively when he came on for him but still looks like he is adjusting to the more Central role that he is being asked to play.

As disappointing as it might have been to concede 4 goals against an NPL side, we need to remember that they are battle hardened and we are still yet to even get our strongest team on the park. I spoke to Gamiero and Hoole post game and Corey reckoned he was two weeks away, whilst Hoole was 4 weeks. Didn’t see Cisse, so no idea how he is travelling.

It will be interesting to see how we go against the Jets next Saturday, given how much further on they appear to be with their pre-season. Hoping we can give a good account of ourselves but I guess we will see.

Forum Phoenix

Bit of a combination of all of the above. Millar looked less impressive this time round than he did against Adamtown reserve third grade and got caught upfield regularly, as did McDonald at times and there seemed to be no structured cover from one of the other middies. As BG mentioned, we looked decidedly less flash after O’Neil went off (does anyone know if it was an injury?) followed by Tom at the break. Melling continues to give the ball away at key times and in dangerous positions, which he needs to improve hugely on.

McDonald looked serviceable again and with more time at pro level might prove a useful asset. Weemac was busy all game and Simmo worked his butt off to hold the ball up and bring others into the attack.

Berry worked hard after coming on but I fear he will have to endure another season on the fringes given the competition in our midfield.

Rowles, McGing and Clisby were solid enough and not overly to blame for the goals we conceded imo. BK had one of his less than impressive games unfortunately, so that aspect of our team worries me hugely given the options we have below him.

Murray also went off with what looked like a knee injury, so hopefully it wasn’t serious. Pain was lively when he came on for him but still looks like he is adjusting to the more Central role that he is being asked to play.

As disappointing as it might have been to concede 4 goals against an NPL side, we need to remember that they are battle hardened and we are still yet to even get our strongest team on the park. I spoke to Gamiero and Hoole post game and Corey reckoned he was two weeks away, whilst Hoole was 4 weeks. Didn’t see Cisse, so no idea how he is travelling.

It will be interesting to see how we go against the Jets next Saturday, given how much further on they appear to be with their pre-season. Hoping we can give a good account of ourselves but I guess we will see.

Thanks OH. Great summary and info. Much appreciated.

priorpeter

We were stood behind the doctors who were working on him when he came off. It looked bad when he went down, but the talk from the doctors sounded a little more positive and he didn’t make his way straight back to the sheds after the injury which gives me hope it’s not as bad as first feared.

style_cafe

We were stood behind the doctors who were working on him when he came off. It looked bad when he went down, but the talk from the doctors sounded a little more positive and he didn’t make his way straight back to the sheds after the injury which gives me hope it’s not as bad as first feared.

Murray..."the pain is intense"
Doctor..."harden the f**k up,your playing with the big boys now"
Murray..."I can feel it starting to heal already" :popcorn:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
well, f**k me, friggin fox couldnt put our bloody FFA cup on tele BUT they put a trial game , which pings me off doubly since all the fox pundits ive seen have been bagging the guy that has caused the televising of said game ....buncha f**kin two faced a-holes

Wombat

I don't think it was the pundits that wanted to film the game. Fox chiefs will be hoping for good viewing figures and i think the curiosity factor should ensure healthy figures.

Last edited:

NoDiggity

Hey guys, my wife gave birth this morning so I won’t be attending today’s trial game- does anyone want my two tickets? If someone wants them text me on 0424754858 and I’ll text them to your phone!

style_cafe

Hey guys, my wife gave birth this morning so I won’t be attending today’s trial game- does anyone want my two tickets? If someone wants them text me on 0424754858 and I’ll text them to your phone!
How rude of her!!! Lol
Seriously mate congratulations to you both (boy/girl?)
I bet the grandparents are all so proud of you...

Ozhammer

Just spoke to Monty and we are down to bare bones and then some. 4 boys away with U23’s Tommy out, Jordan Murray and Josh Macdonald out too. This is going to be a tough ask with so many players unavailable. :(

Monty is on the bench, how can we have so many injruies ffs?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred