• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018 Pre-Season Games ...... yes they exist !!

bikinigirl

Wait, how did we concede 4 goals against an npl side?
I mean, i know we're also an npl side, but still ..

. in short we haven't adapted well to 3 at the back and we keep making shit mistakes

. more specifically:
  • we are getting slaughtered on the break (usually after coughing up possession cheaply)
  • not only are the 'wingbacks' pushing forward the CBs are 'going for a run' too (and not being adequately covered)
  • O'Neill only played the first 30 minutes, Tom the first half - we kinda lose the plot without them
  • one goal (against) i remember was due to Melling losing possession when he shouldn't have, fouling to try and regain possession and then arguing the point in protest while Olympic charged for goal through a big gap
  • another goal Kennedy was at the edge of his box when he passed to two Olympic players without a Mariners player in sight
. in other news, my new mate Usain was there watching and freezing with the rest of us. he had a good chat with Jake Banks so it appears he is buying in to the Mariners Way already

EDIT: FFC was more succinct while I was typing and then distracted

Forum Phoenix

Errmmm if the CB’s AND the wingbacks push up... then we have NO defenders.

Given the score line, sounds like an accurate summation BG.

Who were the centre backs? Clisby again or was he LB?

Anyone know how Cisse is travelling? We really need him and Golec to anchor our defence or we’re very green.

Anyway. That’s what pre season games are for..,

Michael

Pretty bloody embarrassing/worrying that we conceded 4 goals to a NPL side.
Pre season or not. Our perceived “number one” keeper too.

Anyone know if there’s any truth in the rumour that the game against the local select side is being televised because of the bolt circus?

priorpeter

Errmmm if the CB’s AND the wingbacks push up... then we have NO defenders.

Given the score line, sounds like an accurate summation BG.

Who were the centre backs? Clisby again or was he LB?

Anyone know how Cisse is travelling? We really need him and Golec to anchor our defence or we’re very green.

Anyway. That’s what pre season games are for..,

Clisby, rowles, and McGing started as the 3 CBs. Golec came on in the second half.

BG is right in that we are not great in transition and were getting murdered on the counter.

I’m personally a big fan of this system, but you need quality players who all buy in to it and are all on the same wavelength. Time will tell how it works for us. In saying that, MM has stated a few times that “if plan a isn’t working, we will have plan b, c, d - we will not be one dimensional” so I’m sure he’s got other options up his sleeve

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Hmm. McGing is NOT a CB.

3 at the back worries me. We're asking to get caught on the counter - and unless we're 100% confident those 3 aren't going to get caught out gazing at the cute girl in Row 2 instead of tracking the opposing players - and are prepared to run their arse off (same as the wing-backs) then we're going to bleed goals.

But, it's preseason. If we're conceding a lot of goals because we tried something, and it didn't work, then that's okay (kind of). This is when you try out new things.

Coastalraider

I heard on TripleM today that the CCS trial had sold out?? Has anyone heard that? I was going to get my tickets later this week...

Capt. Awesome

The games has been promoted through the usual channels however it isn’t being sold as ‘The Bolt Game’ even though they are implying he will get a run so ticket sales will be slow unless they outright start saying he will play.

Forum Phoenix

Clisby, rowles, and McGing started as the 3 CBs. Golec came on in the second half.

BG is right in that we are not great in transition and were getting murdered on the counter.

I’m personally a big fan of this system, but you need quality players who all buy in to it and are all on the same wavelength. Time will tell how it works for us. In saying that, MM has stated a few times that “if plan a isn’t working, we will have plan b, c, d - we will not be one dimensional” so I’m sure he’s got other options up his sleeve

Thanks Pete.

Yeah ok. Defensively was our weakness transition as in was it case of wingback caught up the park. They counter wide, too stretched and score... or general defensive disorganisation?

Forum Phoenix

Hmm. McGing is NOT a CB.

3 at the back worries me. We're asking to get caught on the counter - and unless we're 100% confident those 3 aren't going to get caught out gazing at the cute girl in Row 2 instead of tracking the opposing players - and are prepared to run their arse off (same as the wing-backs) then we're going to bleed goals.

But, it's preseason. If we're conceding a lot of goals because we tried something, and it didn't work, then that's okay (kind of). This is when you try out new things.

Only one question...

Who is this cute girl in row two to which you allude?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred