• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018 Pre-Season Games ...... yes they exist !!

Ozhammer

O’Neil looked class all game and Tommy was great in the first half, especially considering he is coming back from injury. Millar looked full of energy going forward and will likely be a steady stream of crosses during the season. Simmo was lively and linked our attacking play well, so middy’s No.10 smokie post could be on the money. Weemac was busy, as was MacDonald. Clisby and Rowles looked sharp and Golec gave a good showing after he came on in the second half, although you can still see the difference in size between his left and right legs.

I spoke to MMM after the game and he confirmed that he is still looking for 3 more players; a striker, an AM and a CB.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
How good was Aidan O’Neill, and Matt Millar ! Of course Tommy was pretty good , Golec had a ton of pent up footy to shift and gave it his best! Was good to see wee Mac and Matty Simon
Clisby was brilliant..and the came new signage Josh McDonald , who shall forever be known as Josh Mc Double ...of corse Muzz fromApia came on and had about 5 shots at goal ...anyway! Basically, not a drop of Okonball was spotted so that’s good enough for me

Psycho Chicken

At the end of last season I was emitting more doom and gloom than the entire Black Sabbath back catalogue and so a self imposed ban ensued. I know it's taken a long time for me to find anything positive to comment on so I'm saying this very softly and with great caution... O'Neill might just be an absolute gun. Strong in the tackle, good on the ball, I'm really looking forward to seeing him and Tommy H in the middle of the park against stronger opposition.

style_cafe

Hows the game going and what type of football are we playing?
just got home and im thawing out... First impression ditch the grey strip its shit. It was hard to watch asi was trying to identify players. But from those i could identify:- Kennedy hardly touched the ball could've been a snowman. Mcging toiled ok but didnt look anything special. Clisby and Rowles both looked decent. Golec looked tentative but did ok. b Tommy was very busy best player easily. Pain played more like a 10 in the first half but was nothing special. O'Neil was very good and will bossthe midfield. Millar did ok but lacked the finesse of an A leaguer but he'll improve. MacDonald looked lively and may surprise a few. Simon just looked imense. He'll be a real force for us. Murray looked ordinary. McGlinchy looked very strong and worked very hard all game. Overall a decent workout to get rid of the cobwebs. I spoke to Shaneafter the game and he was saying that Rosebud has been racked with injuries this season and only had 4 players return from last season.His team had 4 players over 21. the rast were aged 17-21.

Josho Howe

O'Neill was very sharp. Could tell he had been in England for a few years. Was class on the ball and was right up to speed with the game straight away. He also has a lovely first touch which is nice and a very good passing game. Millar is a good option for RW and RB. Macdonald showed some good stuff, Tommy was a bit rusty but again, his class shone through on a few occasions. Murray got some minutes and looked ok going forward. Need to see him more to judge him properly.

All in all, a good hit-out and l imagine we will have a few more pre-season games to come to check out the new boys more.

Forum Phoenix

Thanks for the reviews guys. Wish I could have been there. Sounds positive. Which is nice. Won't keep flogging this horse, but I do think we’re a better team than many are thinking. 3 more decent players and we really could become a strong team this year.

Last edited:

Wombat

just got home and im thawing out... First impression ditch the grey strip its shit. It was hard to watch asi was trying to identify players. But from those i could identify:- Kennedy hardly touched the ball could've been a snowman. Mcging toiled ok but didnt look anything special. Clisby and Rowles both looked decent. Golec looked tentative but did ok. b Tommy was very busy best player easily. Pain played more like a 10 in the first half but was nothing special. O'Neil was very good and will bossthe midfield. Millar did ok but lacked the finesse of an A leaguer but he'll improve. MacDonald looked lively and may surprise a few. Simon just looked imense. He'll be a real force for us. Murray looked ordinary. McGlinchy looked very strong and worked very hard all game. Overall a decent workout to get rid of the cobwebs. I spoke to Shaneafter the game and he was saying that Rosebud has been racked with injuries this season and only had 4 players return from last season.His team had 4 players over 21. the rast were aged 17-21.
Where was Cisse?

He was inside the clubhouse watching big screen tv with Hoole when I got there.

bikinigirl

So apparently the entry cost for the game against CCF Select has gone from gold coin to $20??? Wtf??

. when was it a gold coin donation, previous years at Pluim?

. but yes the costs are ridiculously expensive. two adult platinum tickets cost $96.10!

. member discounts vary that, but it is roughly twice the cost of my per game season ticket which is for an actual HAL game

. why the f**k would you not make it $10 and try to fill the stadium? you may actually make some money that way

Big Al

. when was it a gold coin donation, previous years at Pluim?

. but yes the costs are ridiculously expensive. two adult platinum tickets cost $96.10!

. member discounts vary that, but it is roughly twice the cost of my per game season ticket which is for an actual HAL game

. why the f**k would you not make it $10 and try to fill the stadium? you may actually make some money that way
It’s going to be bolts first appearance. They going to get a good idea of his pulling power (no pun intended). They just not shouting that yet

Ozhammer

O’Neil looked class all game and Tommy was great in the first half, especially considering he is coming back from injury. Millar looked full of energy going forward and will likely be a steady stream of crosses during the season. Simmo was lively and linked our attacking play well, so middy’s No.10 smokie post could be on the money. Weemac was busy, as was MacDonald.

Clisby and Rowles looked sharp and Golec provided a good cameo for the latter part of the second half when he came on but you can see that his left leg is still smaller than his right.

I spoke to MMM after the game and he confirmed that we are still looking for 3 players, a Striker, an AM and a CB.

bikinigirl

It’s going to be bolts first appearance. They going to get a good idea of his pulling power (no pun intended). They just not shouting that yet

. yeah I know that but I still think it's ridiculous and after the non-football people have been why would they bother with a real game?

. in the meantime football people will just feel ripped off... or not bother

. besides how much will Bolt actually play?

Ozhammer

. yeah I know that but I still think it's ridiculous and after the non-football people have been why would they bother with a real game?

. in the meantime football people will just feel ripped off... or not bother

. besides how much will Bolt actually play?
Yeah and just imagine the backlash if Bolt pulls up lame in training a day or two before or isn’t considered fit enough to play in the game.....:mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred