• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2016/17 Membership

Wombat

What are our numbers?
When I paid for the coach to the Scumdome I spied some parcels on the front desk that clearly had membership caps going out so it looks like some people are still signing up

FFC Mariner

Brisbane is a city of 2m. Deserves a well run, non ethnic club.

South of the City to tap into the Gold Coast and they would go OK you'd think

Wombat

It's funny there is a lot of hidden support for the Mariners. This bloke has seen me in a Mariners singlet a couple of times and then told me he always listened out for the results but had never been to a game.
He asked me why they never win anymore and I explained we are on the way back.
Next time I saw him he asked if he could come along as he likes Football and a beer. Bang....a new supporter.

Also I went to dinner at a quite nice restaurant in Lisarow yesterday and a bloke was wearing a Mariners jersey and greeted his Mum and Dad with a hug. First thing the Dad said..."you won a game!" as he spied the jersey. I bet that fella didn't wear his jersey out last season.

Also the manager of my shop brought her hubby along on Thursday and he is a Victorian, so crazy for the AFL and has only been to a couple of games in the 3 years I've known him.
He couldn't believe how well we played and loved the atmosphere and excitement. He said he was going to buy a season ticket based on that 1 game.

Forum Phoenix

Good stories.

Heard Shaun's plea re using your comps this weekend, so I'm bringing two Mariners virgins along with me also.

Only issue is that the comp tickets you get with your membership are GA (used to be gold once upon a time, as per my own seating I'm sure). Wonder if I can get them upgraded...think I will contact the club. Not great form to invite people to a game but then say you have to go sit somewhere else a long way away... sure I can go with them to GA somewhere, but then I don't get to sit with my own family and broader group which is a big part of what makes a game day great for me and why I renew each year. I'm bringing extras for the sake of the club, not because my game day experience is lacking or I need more friends at games. Think it should go back to the days of comps matching your membership level to help facilitate this. Our bay is never full so I don't see why it would costs the club any extra.

bikinigirl

Good stories.

Heard Shaun's plea re using your comps this weekend, so I'm bringing two Mariners virgins along with me also.

Only issue is that the comp tickets you get with your membership are GA (used to be gold once upon a time, as per my own seating I'm sure). Wonder if I can get them upgraded...think I will contact the club. Not great form to invite people to a game but then say you have to go sit somewhere else a long way away... sure I can go with them to GA somewhere, but then I don't get to sit with my own family and broader group which is a big part of what makes a game day great for me and why I renew each year. I'm bringing extras for the sake of the club, not because my game day experience is lacking or I need more friends at games. Think it should go back to the days of comps matching your membership level to help facilitate this. Our bay is never full so I don't see why it would costs the club any extra.

. actually, i spoke to DTM about this on Monday too

. he said it is possible to upgrade as long as the seats are available (less of a problem for us on the East) ... so give him a call (wouldn't hurt to explain things the way you just have either)

Yoda

Good stories.

If there is spare seats in the bay, just sneak them, and they can sit pretty close. You may need a bit of Jedi mind trick on the seating ushers, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult - "These are not the general admission tickets you're looking for" should do it.

Timmah

Good stories.

"Our bay is never full" is one of the biggest myths going around unfortunately. Generally at any given game a whole bunch of members are no-shows which gives the appearance of bays being half-empty when in fact 95%+ of seats in said bay are allocated to a member.

It's annoying as hell but that's how it is - particularly in 5/6/7 and 37/38/39 over halfway on the Western (tunnel) side.

Azza-Mataz

apparently we are still 37 short of 6k

I would buy one but it would never get used, cause I cant make the games. They should try adding other benefits to the membership maybe? (online exclusives, free gear, free sauce)

EDIT: Scratch that, just seen the international mariner membership. Although im definitely not international, the blue mountains does seem a world away sometimes.

Last edited:

VicMariner

VicMariner

What exactly is the non-ticket membership card?
http://www.memberships.ccmariners.com.au/Packages/Non-Ticketed
"No Match Access

Can’t make it to the game? You can still be a part of the Central Coast Mariners family with a Non-Ticketed Membership! Get the great benefits of membership and keep up to date with Members-Only exclusive news.

Inclusions
  • Weekly Members e-Newsletter, including exclusive content.
  • Priority access to 2016/17 Hyundai A-League Finals Series ticketing (Mariners matches only).
  • Priority access to ticketing for Socceroos matches via the FFA Football Family.
  • 10% Discount on official Mariners merchandise.
  • Non ticketed members card.
  • Exclusive Members merchandise, cap, lanyard and sticker."

Forum Phoenix

. actually, i spoke to DTM about this on Monday too

. he said it is possible to upgrade as long as the seats are available (less of a problem for us on the East) ... so give him a call (wouldn't hurt to explain things the way you just have either)

Thanks Bikini. Sorry but who is DTM?

Cheers Yoda - not inclined to sneak them into my bay because I want the experience to feel easy and fun for them - also potentially being in someone's seat who turns up late is never much fun. And happy to pay any extra into club coffers - just want the guys to enjoy the day so they want to go again.

Thanks Timmah, that's informative, I wouldn't have thought it was anywhere near as high a percentage based on our membership numbers.

In bay 4 I'd honestly be very surprised if more than two thirds were pre paid memberships, I will ask.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred