• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2014/15 Memberships

Gratis

It's alright, seems to me all the decisions I'm seeing are utterly sensible.
How can you NOT hit 10,000 memberships by selling your quality, fan-favourite players and moving your home games away from home?
Angering, disheartening and destabilising the fan base combined with gutting the playing squad is definitely the way I'd grow memberships and strengthen the club.
Perfectly sensible decision making as far as I can see.

dibo

I am not misunderstanding what it is to be a fan to you, but to others its different. 3 guys I know have now decided to buy season tickets at Newcastle instead of the Mariners. There reasoning is that they want to watch quality football. They are fans as well. And you know in these times their money is pretty helpful as well.
Dress it up how you like. They're rats.

scottmac

Suspended
I am not misunderstanding what it is to be a fan to you, but to others its different. 3 guys I know have now decided to buy season tickets at Newcastle instead of the Mariners. There reasoning is that they want to watch quality football. They are fans as well. And you know in these times their money is pretty helpful as well.

They want to watch quality football so are changing clubs?
I'd find it hard to believe they've ever had a membership. They've had tickets, but they are not yellow.

bilo

They want to watch quality football so are changing clubs?
I'd find it hard to believe they've ever had a membership. They've had tickets, but they are not yellow.

Mate no one has a membership. Its a franchise owned by Charlesworth. We all have season tickets. The club calls them memberships but they are not.

Any yes 2 of the people I spoke to have had season tickets for a couple of years and 1 is a foundation "member" not renewing but has this afternoon sent an expression of interest to the Jets.

My point is that Charlesworth and the CEO don't realize how much damage they are doing by taking games away, bad press, not signing quality players and letting quality players go, not signing a quality manager and cutting costs at all levels. If Charlesworth doesn't have the funds to sustain the club at the levels required then he should get out and let people in who want to run it and put the capital in.

scottmac

Suspended
Mate no one has a membership. Its a franchise owned by Charlesworth. We all have season tickets. The club calls them memberships but they are not.

Any yes 2 of the people I spoke to have had season tickets for a couple of years and 1 is a foundation "member" not renewing but has this afternoon sent an expression of interest to the Jets.

My point is that Charlesworth and the CEO don't realize how much damage they are doing by taking games away, bad press, not signing quality players and letting quality players go, not signing a quality manager and cutting costs at all levels. If Charlesworth doesn't have the funds to sustain the club at the levels required then he should get out and let people in who want to run it and put the capital in.

Someone else used this as a response & it fits so well here again.

Lol.

I agree with some of what you say. But we both came to that point via wildly different routes & for wildly different reasons. There is no doubting the level of angst around ATM though.

bilo

If you read back over my previous posts you will see that I have previously said there are a group of investors ready to takeover the club at any point. They won't take the COE or pay large sums of cash for it but they will inject cash into the club. They just won't do it in the current ownership.

Jaundice

If you read back over my previous posts you will see that I have previously said there are a group of investors ready to takeover the club at any point. They won't take the COE or pay large sums of cash for it but they will inject cash into the club. They just won't do it in the current ownership.

Sounds legitimate :headbutt:

Is Frank lowy or the FFA aware of this group?

Jaundice

Has the FFA given them the green light or tick of approval should Charlesworth relinquish or be revoked of his license?

Do you know of their motives?

What makes you believe they would be the better alternative and succeed where others haven't?

bilo

Has the FFA given them the green light or tick of approval should Charlesworth relinquish or be revoked of his license?

Do you know of their motives?

What makes you believe they would be the better alternative and succeed where others haven't?

I can't answer the first question as I don't know.

The second is that they want investment in the central coast being central coast business people with business here on the coast. Their model is to build a central coast based football club for the community.

Better alternative wouldn't be hard as compared to Charlesworth.

MrCelery

Club > Player.

I don't care if Mother Theresa is playing for the scum, you don't change clubs, end of story.

I beg to differ. There comes a point where things can get so bad at a club that allegiances ARE swapped. There are plenty of examples of this very close to home. I would estimate that at least a half dozen hard-core Mariner supporters used to be hard-core Newcastle supporters. Many of them kicked off the original forums and are still very prominent in our ranks today.

I suppose you could argue that these fans didn't actually change clubs. Rather their Club was sabotaged and replaced by a different club (Scum FC) that these fans chose to ignore until the Mariners came along. They did however swap regions and teams.

So how do you feel about Mariners fans who used to follow Newcastle? :popcorn:

localpom

I beg to differ. There comes a point where things can get so bad at a club that allegiances ARE swapped. There are plenty of examples of this very close to home. I would estimate that at least a half dozen hard-core Mariner supporters used to be hard-core Newcastle supporters. Many of them kicked off the original forums and are still very prominent in our ranks today.

I suppose you could argue that these fans didn't actually change clubs. Rather their Club was sabotaged and replaced by a different club (Scum FC) that these fans chose to ignore until the Mariners came along. They did however swap regions and teams.

I think they make a good decision. :)

dibo

I think Breakers were gone, and the new club wasn't the same thing. When your club's dead, how you deal with it is up to you, but this is a case of hopping the fence because you prefer the look of the grass on the other side.

Last edited:

midfielder

Just on my club forever ..... an old saying I first heard when I was appointed to my first role where I had staff reporting to me... I was almost 19 and looked 15 ... ten staff mostly in their 30's & 40's,.. my boss said to me .. You can't demand respect you need to command respect"" or earn respect.

Our club is new and establishing itself and from Hal 1 to Hal 8 commanded respect ... Hal 9 and today it's like they are demanding respect ... nothing turns people off than being told how they should feel ...

My brief understanding of market analysis is supporters came in all sorts of styles from only when we are winning with style, to turn up and support no matter what...

The turn up and support no matter in no way is the largest group ... so if management as others have posted sell the most liked and best players, move games, etc then why should fans at Blacktown not start to support the Drive Bys... why should people in Newcastle not follow Newcastle ... Con is long gone...

At last seasons fans forum David Gallop said as the smallest club to survive as a club we need to do everything right and if we look around questions are being asked..

I left the last forum impressed but still have not seen the CEO on this site and I assume the mods have invited him.. There is a point when people loss faith in something [not suggesting we are anywhere near there yet] however MC is away 75% of the year and relies on others to keep him updated ... How good they are and do they tell him all is something we will never know...

But if a team just continually lets you down then there does come a time when you go .... HHHHmmmmm for me I have had four teams.. Auburn in the 60's until they were reduced to a park team, Blacktown Demons until they could not afford to stay in the top division of the NSL, Northern Spirit until the last 12 months when they were moving grounds etc... Now the Mariners ...

I am prepared to listen to reasoned arguments from the club on their decision making, but do I feel come what may I stand here and fight ... HHHHHmmmm not really ... in fact both SFC & WSW offer a better game day experience ... so all those Mariner fans living within 30 minutes of Parramatta stadium you need to do a lot to keep them .. I personally am aware of four former fans who swapped the first year WSW came into the A-League ...

Just think anyone west of Parramatta ... and all those areas around Eastwood / Epping / Ryde etc Parramatta is looking good ...

Lets get behind the club but let us also be aware many fans do change clubs...

localpom

Can't really see what the big gripe is from everyone? Am i missing something? The only thing I have a problem with is 2 home games away from CCS. I would rather we play all our home games on the Coast but can live with that. There will always be grumbles from fans whoever you support. Not every season will be perfect. We will be a selling club definitely for the next few years at least. As long as we continue to produce great kids and develop players then we will continue to be successful. Even with all the upheaval last year we finished 3rd and came within a game of making another final. The powers that be aren't making decisions to piss off the fans, there will have been a long and thorough thought process. I don't think it's worth getting too worked up until we see the complete squad for next year and time will tell us if letting go of Flores and potentially Wee Mac was the wrong decision. MC has said they need to improve in certain areas and we need to at least give him a chance. Saying that we have limited money/resources and I can't see everyone been happy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred