• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2014/15 Memberships

VicMariner

With last season and this season so far being pretty average on the park to achieve record membership represents genuine growth. Our match attendance always exceeds the membership number so we don't have bandwagoners.
If you look at Melb City, they have record memberships but with their poor on field performance their attendance has dropped below the membership level.
Our members keep turning up (up till this point) and there is more of them. This is exciting because it shows there is definite potential to build upon.
12k average attendance a few years ago but the league and football in general has moved on and up. With the right circumstances I could see us push a 15k average.
I hope the game on the 27th is a resounding success and changes attitudes across the board.

dibo

You can always expect that 20%-30% of members don't make a given game. So where our memberships = 6,000, you should expect the actual roll-up of members to be around 4200-4800. So at the moment we're getting a walk-up of maybe 3,000 or so, which isn't great but when you consider that each year we're banking a greater amount of locked in revenue from memberships it's not awful.

If we actually started, y'know, winning...

tsd

We just hit the 6000 mark for the first time in our history.

Central Coast fans don't support their club!!!! pffffff............
You make the assumption that all new memberships are being sold to people on the central coast and that this isn't the direct result of moving games...

nearlyyellow

You make the assumption that all new memberships are being sold to people on the central coast and that this isn't the direct result of moving games...
Yeah, I'll shrug my shoulders, and just say, you 'ken bewdy! It's the *number* that's so exciting! Here we are, having just a so so season so far, and we've got our all time high number of members. Just wait until we are winning and climbing the table. And *next year* when we are a top contender, well, look out 7,000. :cheers:

Capt. Awesome

No I make the assumption that the memberships would actually be a lot higher if we didn't have to put up with this NSO stuff. Talk of moving games is a real turn off that started last season.

There was not one bit of positive press from the Mariners after the NSO game. If membership numbers were affected in positive way by the NSO push I think MC would be crowing about it.

We have heard nothing.

Last edited:

Atomic

No I make the assumption that the memberships would actually be a lot higher if we didn't have to put up with this NSO stuff. Talk of moving games is a real turn off that started last season.
I'll make an assumption….

They sold a number of 3 match memberships in Nth Syd in a concerted effort over the last 2 - 3 weeks. The number of members south of the Hawkesbury will artificially rise as a result. Come next season, MC & BS will be quoting 30% of our members live in Northern Sydney.

Statistics never lie… liars use statistics.

rbakersmith

They sold a number of 3 match memberships in Nth Syd in a concerted effort over the last 2 - 3 weeks. The number of members south of the Hawkesbury will artificially rise as a result. Come next season, MC & BS will be quoting 30% of our members live in Northern Sydney.

And if those members renew next year?

Atomic

My point is that it's somewhat premature to claim that:
The fact is… we don't know, do we.

Like I said, I was only making an assumption. I was just putting a counter claim out there for those of us that are blindly assuming that the rise in memberships are coming from the CC.

tsd

There was not one bit of positive press from the Mariners after the NSO game. If membership numbers were affected in positive way by the NSO push I think MC would be crowing about it.

We have heard nothing.
Two years of games at NSO, two years of record memberships...

Show me how it's not related, I dare ya!

Wombat

The NSO game was an abject failure. The crowd was smaller than last year. The atmosphere was worse than last year. The club (mc) spent a small fortune trying to sell the game and gave away thousands of freebies........the result was embarrassing for mc.
If selling 50+ 3 game membership to some North Shore people is something to be excited about then I'm going to bring my Cattle Dog Charlie in to run sales and marketing for CCM.

true believer

The NSO game was an abject failure. The crowd was smaller than last year. The atmosphere was worse than last year. The club (mc) spent a small fortune trying to sell the game and gave away thousands of freebies........the result was embarrassing for mc.
If selling 50+ 3 game membership to some North Shore people is something to be excited about then I'm going to bring my Cattle Dog Charlie in to run sales and marketing for CCM.

only if it's a red one ,wombat

Capt. Awesome

Disagreeing with me doesn't prove your point captn crunch.
When you are talking such nonsense it's best not to argue but if you really want me too...

There are many factors to why the membership could be up and the most unlikely reason for this would be what you are suggesting. There is so many reasons why promoting games in the NS would not add to membership numbers and they all been stated here numerous times.

For you to say that there is a direct correlation between moving games to NSO for last two years and high membership numbers is no more of a correlation then it's because Storm Roux started playing with us and he maybe has a rally large family from NZ that became members. Same time period - it can't just be a coincidence, can it? o_O

dibo

Simple fact is that nobody here knows what the breakdowns are.

Breakdown between full season, north metro, 6 match and 3 match packs.

Breakdown between YA, GA, Gold or Platinum.

Breakdown between individual memberships and family tickets.

Breakdown of Coast vs Sydney based, and within the Sydney based group how many live where in Sydney (upper north shore vs lower north shore vs northern beaches vs north west vs elsewhere).

What's more, we don't know how any of these breakdowns have changed.

Without that, we're all talking out our wazoos, which is fine, as long as we all recognise we're talking out our wazoos.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred