• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2014/15 Memberships

VicMariner

I'm hearing rumours that we've passed 6000 members??

Can anyone confirm?

Maybe we just exceeded last years total, either way a bit of good news would be nice.

eenfish

Either way, good effort for all involved. Even when things are in turmoil we still love our club.

Capt. Awesome

So we broke the membership record today and still counting. If we were playing good football we could be having great crowds on par with Perth as we have me members but they are playing great and getting 12k + crowds.

Makes you wonder why all this NSO stuff is even attempted. If there was no talk of moving we would have even more members and better crowds.

VicMariner

No membership drive and a run of poor form but still break the membership record. Well done! :shoutclap::cheers:
Just another clue to the potential waiting to be unlocked on the CC.

nearlyyellow

No membership drive and a run of poor form but still break the membership record. Well done! :shoutclap::cheers:
Just another clue to the potential waiting to be unlocked on the CC.
Mmm yes (devils advocate here) how do we know that those extra memberships didn't come from the Northern Suburbs of Sydney as a result of the NSO game and all that local publicity? :confused:

Atomic

Yes, good news… but the cynic in me says that they made a concerted effort to sell memberships in Nth Sydney, thereby inflating the ratio of Nthern Sydney : Central Coast residents. I bet my bottom dollar that sometime in the near future there will be some stat wheeled out saying that the number of members south of the Hawkesbury is > 20%.

Atomic

Is a "membership" classified as a full season ticket holder… or is a 3 match pass considered a membership?

adz

Staff member
They are selling them as 3/6 game memberships so I'd say they do count.

VicMariner

Mmm yes (devils advocate here) how do we know that those extra memberships didn't come from the Northern Suburbs of Sydney as a result of the NSO game and all that local publicity? :confused:
Fair question.
My guess is the bulk will be CC members. Even 20% NS is still a minority and they bought memberships to a team that is still plays a majority of games at the CC.

The good news here is that with the current turmoil Mariners still broke the record...there is something fundamentally right with CCM that does attract people.

Capt. Awesome

Only thing wrong with that argument is that - why would you buy a membership to a team that plays 100km away???

nearlyyellow

Only thing wrong with that argument is that - why would you buy a membership to a team that plays 100km away???
You are having a lend, aren't you? 75 klicks to NSO and maybe less for folk who live north of the NSO. Not a bad trip. I commuted by road to the Crowie/St. Leonards/NS area for a long time and it's OK. Would be even better travelling up the F3 Saturday 'arvo for a game. Anyway some people may just not like the Smurfs or Centrelink FC. Just sayin'.

dibo

I'm an expat Coastie but I have lived in Stanmore for the last 10 years*, and I've had a membership every year except the first one (I wasn't sure how many games I'd actually go to - I only missed 5 in the end, including the Oceania club championship qualifiers and pre-season cup games...). All up in that time I've missed less than a handful of games outside of times when I wasn't in the same state or country. I haven't missed that many games elsewhere in NSW, for that matter.

If I had wanted to support a Sydney based side I would have saved myself >100 round trips and followed Sydney FC, but I didn't because the team from my home town is my team.

Right from the start, whilst I'd been living in Sydney for a few years, I already had plenty of mates down here who were going to support SFC, but I didn't feel like it was going to be my team.

And I *didn't* buy the NS add-on to my membership this year and I didn't go to the game. I don't care that North Sydney is closer to where I live, it's not where I'm from.

*May very well change - the Minister for War and Finance and myself are looking for property back home.

Capt. Awesome

You are having a lend, aren't you? 75 klicks to NSO and maybe less for folk who live north of the NSO. Not a bad trip. I commuted by road to the Crowie/St. Leonards/NS area for a long time and it's OK. Would be even better travelling up the F3 Saturday 'arvo for a game. Anyway some people may just not like the Smurfs or Centrelink FC. Just sayin'.

I commute to St Leonards every day too. Was just pointing out that it's far less attractive to buy a membership that is further away than Sydney FC. I don't think it's that far but when you live in Sydney it seems far away. When I tell people at work I live on the coast they think I'm crazy to live so far from the city.

dibo

This is actually a super result for the league - only Newcastle are behind their 2013/14 number, and even then only by 115. Across the league memberships have grown by over 14,000.

nearlyyellow

5,987 as of now. Looking likely that 6k. might happen.

On another note, where are these "Access to the stadium via Members Only Entry Gates" ? I only ever enter via the gates opposite CCS, sometimes joining a rather long queue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred