• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2014/15 Memberships

Atomic

Simple fact is that nobody here knows what the breakdowns are.

Breakdown between full season, north metro, 6 match and 3 match packs.

Breakdown between YA, GA, Gold or Platinum.

Breakdown between individual memberships and family tickets.

Breakdown of Coast vs Sydney based, and within the Sydney based group how many live where in Sydney (upper north shore vs lower north shore vs northern beaches vs north west vs elsewhere).

What's more, we don't know how any of these breakdowns have changed.

Without that, we're all talking out our wazoos, which is fine, as long as we all recognise we're talking out our wazoos.
Another statistic I'd like to know is how many North Sydney members actually think that moving games away from CCS is a good idea. I think we are assuming 100%… but the reality is probably a lot less

I could guarantee that if the stats were there to show that shifting more games to North Sydney was justified, MC would have rolled them out by now… as opposed to those rubbery figures we've been told to date.

Like I said before… statistics never lie, liars use statistics.

dibo

I'm not sure they've asked the question. If they had asked Sydney-based members whether they'd like to see more games in Sydney, I'd have been asked (and said no).

VicMariner

Another statistic I'd like to know is how many North Sydney members actually think that moving games away from CCS is a good idea. I think we are assuming 100%… but the reality is probably a lot less
I'd assume way, way under 100%.
Of the small number of people I can remember who have mentioned they are NS members and gave an opinion on move or not move, all said they don't want games moved from CC.
Small sample size and anecdotal. Does not prove much but crumbs like this is all we have atm.

kevrenor

I suspect Charlesworth is winging it too ... I can't believe their competent enough to have done actual analysis.

Simple fact is that nobody here knows what the breakdowns are.

Breakdown between full season, north metro, 6 match and 3 match packs.

Breakdown between YA, GA, Gold or Platinum.

Breakdown between individual memberships and family tickets.

Breakdown of Coast vs Sydney based, and within the Sydney based group how many live where in Sydney (upper north shore vs lower north shore vs northern beaches vs north west vs elsewhere).

What's more, we don't know how any of these breakdowns have changed.

Without that, we're all talking out our wazoos, which is fine, as long as we all recognise we're talking out our wazoos.

nearlyyellow

I suspect Charlesworth is winging it too ... I can't believe their competent enough to have done actual analysis.
Surely the database is accessible enough to run a script to pick out the postcodes, compile totals by area, and then run a spreadsheet to analyze the data. Surely someone there is competant enough to do that, or organize for it to be done. Surely? :rolleyes:

bikinigirl

I'll make an assumption….

They sold a number of 3 match memberships in Nth Syd in a concerted effort over the last 2 - 3 weeks. The number of members south of the Hawkesbury will artificially rise as a result. Come next season, MC & BS will be quoting 30% of our members live in Northern Sydney.

Statistics never lie… liars use statistics.

. i would not be surprised if the recent rise in membership numbers was due, in part, to those that were already members. say you already had a full, 6 or 3 game membership and then bought another 6, 3 or 'northern-game' membership ... how is that factored into the thinking

. i'd reckon they just report it as another 'membership' sold

bikinigirl

I'd assume way, way under 100%.
Of the small number of people I can remember who have mentioned they are NS members and gave an opinion on move or not move, all said they don't want games moved from CC.
Small sample size and anecdotal. Does not prove much but crumbs like this is all we have atm.

. ditto

. but there is also the issue that the club has used the term 'south of the hawkesbury' which could mean anything ... the simple fact that these numbers are used to justify games at NSO or brookvale is an issue. i can't imagine our members from western sydney (and we do have them) would feel grateful for games being moved ... but these would be part of the often quoted 20% they are catering for

. i am not sure how many could genuinely be considered north shore / north sydney

finally retired

I got an email from Central Coast Mariners today with info to members about ticket purchases for the ACL playoff and the WSW match. I thought our memberships included the WSW match on April 11???????

Atomic

I got an email from Central Coast Mariners today with info to members about ticket purchases for the ACL playoff and the WSW match. I thought our memberships included the WSW match on April 11???????
I think it's if you want to buy additional tickets to your membership. It's Hutch's last game, plus WSW always bring big numbers, so it seems to me that the club is giving us a chance to get in early and snap up some good seats for our friends.

dibo

It is, but in spite of everything, if there's a game that will sell out, it's this one. If you want a chance to buy extra tix, you get first bite as a member. It's pretty much our Grand Final this year.

gull

It is, but in spite of everything, if there's a game that will sell out, it's this one. If you want a chance to buy extra tix, you get first bite as a member. It's pretty much our Grand Final this year.

Could be the battle for the wooden spoon ;).

Edit: Just beat me Magpie!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred