• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2013/2014 memberships

true believer

i would have thought the packages would be out
by now to sign up as many band wagoners as possible.

someone in authority needs to start thumping the table .
i'd ask the wife but she's busy

bikinigirl

. from what i understand things were well underway before the ownership shake-up

. the last month has been extremely busy for the few full-time staff ... at the moment they are selling merchandise to all those bandwagonners (more than they had envisaged?)

. i doubt memberships will be that far away - but all the recent success and support may have them re-packaging

snoa

According to a Facebook post yesterday, memberships will go on sale "before May 20".

Hopefully they'll have a table set up at the ACL game...
They are limited in what they can do at ACL games due to competition rules. Even the merchandise stand had to be outside the ground during the last game.

adz

Staff member
Should have someone handing info out to people as they walk in too.

Jesus

Jesus
Should have been expressions of interest people at the local live sites for the grand final, if there wasnt ofcourse

Reactions: adz

Bladesman

I would say it is issues like this as to why the CEO is no more, plenty of good, practical and easy to implement suggestions on this thread and others that have been missed.

Personally I can't understand why I don't get a membership package offered that includes merchandise bundled so I could turn up fist match in the gear, although last season that would have been hard given the debacle with actually having any available.

Also instead of giving me a seat cushion or cap why not give a membership gift that would help create atmosphere like a scarf or flag that could be waved around or a mini drum that could be banged in time with the yellow army?

bikinigirl

. i am not trying to defend any chosen course of action (or attack anybody posting here) ... but i always love an alternative view

I would say it is issues like this as to why the CEO is no more, plenty of good, practical and easy to implement suggestions on this thread and others that have been missed.

. i haven't really seen any suggestions on how to implement the ideas (mentioned above) and i'd think that this is where the outgoing ceo had been hamstrung. you still need the information and resources to be able to do these things ... whether it is the ffa, the owners or simply a lack of staff and money - it may not be as simple as it seems from the outside to a frustrated fan

Personally I can't understand why I don't get a membership package offered that includes merchandise bundled so I could turn up fist match in the gear, although last season that would have been hard given the debacle with actually having any available.

. availability hasn't just been a problem this year ... and much of it is related to being the smallest club with the smallest merchandise 'requirement'

. logistics is a huge issue especially if every members package is different ... with or without which pieces of merchandise (which may not be known when memberships are put out) ... what size, etc, etc. this is why we end up with a one size fits all item ... easy to obtain, easy to track and easy to distribute

Also instead of giving me a seat cushion or cap why not give a membership gift that would help create atmosphere like a scarf or flag that could be waved around or a mini drum that could be banged in time with the yellow army?

. i believe a scarf has been discussed ... but up until the last month or so creating atmosphere has not even registered for most of the fanbase. oh and they have tried thundersticks and clappers, etc in the past

priorpeter

. i believe a scarf has been discussed ... but up until the last month or so creating atmosphere has not even registered for most of the fanbase. oh and they have tried thundersticks and clappers, etc in the past

Vuvuzelas were considered a couple of years ago. No, seriously.

adz

Staff member
I don't see why they can't keep it simple and give us a proper scarf - not that thing we had last season but a good one.
CCMFC Member 2013/14 on it.

My AFL membership had the choice of a scarf or a voucher to the merchandise shop.
That would probably solve a few problems too?

nebakke

I bet they got more visibility by having the stand outside

Not saying you're necessarily wrong but... I was actually heading for the stand, not realising that it was outside, and only realised after I'd gotten in that the normal spot was selling beer rather than merchandise... It was a little late then...
There's always things going on out there at the matches, usually the Pele people have their stand setup there, so these days it just gets filtered out for me... It's part of the general hustle around the place, hence I missed it...

bikinigirl

I don't see why they can't keep it simple and give us a proper scarf - not that thing we had last season but a good one.
CCMFC Member 2013/14 on it.

My AFL membership had the choice of a scarf or a voucher to the merchandise shop.
That would probably solve a few problems too?

. the scarf has always intrigued me ... and i am sure many would have questioned 'why am i paying for a scarf in my membership?' i mean on a 40 degree day, in the afternoon sun ... a scarf is the last thing you need

. they were handy in china though

adz

Staff member
. the scarf has always intrigued me ... and i am sure many would have questioned 'why am i paying for a scarf in my membership?' i mean on a 40 degree day, in the afternoon sun ... a scarf is the last thing you need

. they were handy in china though

I think it's more a traditional football thing. Follow a team, get a scarf.

I guess it doesn't translate all that well for us playing over Summer :D

Could even have an option for scarf, hat or voucher I guess.

priorpeter

TBF the seat cushion came in pretty handy for me... to lob at my housemate's cat when it's asleep and scare the living shit out of it.

I'm not much of a cat person & am easily entertained.

Bladesman

. i am not trying to defend any chosen course of action (or attack anybody posting here) ... but i always love an alternative view

. i haven't really seen any suggestions on how to implement the ideas (mentioned above) and i'd think that this is where the outgoing ceo had been hamstrung. you still need the information and resources to be able to do these things ... whether it is the ffa, the owners or simply a lack of staff and money - it may not be as simple as it seems from the outside to a frustrated fan

. availability hasn't just been a problem this year ... and much of it is related to being the smallest club with the smallest merchandise 'requirement'

. logistics is a huge issue especially if every members package is different ... with or without which pieces of merchandise (which may not be known when memberships are put out) ... what size, etc, etc. this is why we end up with a one size fits all item ... easy to obtain, easy to track and easy to distribute

Love the alternative views that's what makes football great and keeps the game progressing but certainly have to disagree.

Not hard to have the membership website and form ask me if I want to order a membership with shirt, hat or what ever and the size? In terms of logistics they already ship it if I order separately of the website so just need to combine ordering to capture my excitement and anticipation for the new season when ordering memberships. Maybe I am just lazy but I am not going to trench to tuggerah or queue at the match day tent, been there done that got annoyed at the queues and mariners have missed out on my $$$. Make it easy for customers to buy.

As for smallest club and merchandise issues I don't buy that at all, especially as we a free to choose the supplier now unlike the reebok deal. Find a suitable supplier for an organisation of your size.

Obviously there are limitations to what can be done but with us I don't even think it is a case of having to think outside the box to improve but more a case of actually having a normal business marketing and merchandising plan, hopefully we will see some improvements and good ideas under the new regime.

Reactions: adz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred