• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2009 Mariners ACL team and match discussions

mariners4ever

Jocwa08 said:
HELP!!

could some body please give me a hand. Im catching a train from wyong, and because of trackwork i dont know what time the train will come and i could be late for the game. The train on the normal timetable says it departs wyong at 6.32 should i get this one? would the delays from the buses get me there after lead up/kick off ?
ring cityrail

dibo

mariners4ever said:
Jocwa08 said:
HELP!!

could some body please give me a hand. Im catching a train from wyong, and because of trackwork i dont know what time the train will come and i could be late for the game. The train on the normal timetable says it departs wyong at 6.32 should i get this one? would the delays from the buses get me there after lead up/kick off ?
ring cityrail

better yet.

cityrail alway has this info on their site.

FFC Mariner

dibo said:
FFC Mariner said:
LOL - no, we are riding the wave of panic selling to buy up assets at rock bottom prices

With big posters of Warren Buffett on every surface?

Actually, his mentor, Ben Graham (who incidently was a long time associate of J M Keynes - another successful investor believe it or not)

dibo

was thinking of the 'when people are greedy, be fearful; when people are fearful, be greedy.'

bjw

bjw
0-0
Matty Simon missed a 1 on 1 and A Steelers player missed an open header from 6 yards out.

Pretty fair result on the balance of things, would have liked to score a goal late on.

Anyone know what the crowd figure was??
+ also, 'Cant help falling in love with you' sounded aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome.

serious14

Kudos to whatever idiot decided having some geisha's walk around was a good idea..... read a history book ffs.

Positives

Huke, Caceres, Simon's workrate, those sexy AFC benches..... ummmmm...... Denilson??  :p

Negatives

The rest.  (is it really too much to hope that the ball gets played on the ground for more than 5 minutes a game??)

FFC Mariner

Was strange, the new strip looked great on the players but didnt flatter any "normal shaped" people I saw wearing it.

marinerbhoy

serious14 said:
Kudos to whatever idiot decided having some geisha's walk around was a good idea..... read a history book ffs.

agreed, it was terrible and should have never happened. was almost as ignorant as the newcastle fans in front of me at yokohama calling everything local chinese.

serious14

marinerbhoy said:
serious14 said:

agreed, it was terrible and should have never happened. was almost as ignorant as the newcastle fans in front of me at yokohama calling everything local chinese.

You were in Yokohama??  Pity I didn't bump into you randomly.  :p

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
Was strange, the new strip looked great on the players but didnt flatter any "normal shaped" people I saw wearing it.

I thought the strip made the players seem very big in the arms, chest and shoulders.

Huke looked massive and he is not that big a guy.

kevrenor

marinerbhoy said:
serious14 said:

Agree, but perhaps it was a coincidence and they were promoting the sushi restaurant in the club while a crowd was in?

serious14

So, ignoring hundreds of years of cultural sensitivites for the sake of some cheap promotion??  Hardly better I'd thnk.....

Blair

Best we have played 4 a while

Positives Erich, passes in bits of the game especially Huke, PITCH, Benches beat the Bunnigs Chairs 4 sure haah,Danny and defence.

Negatives Attacking (Simon), The way that lawrie uses then bench should put them on earlier, weather, ref was hopeless, CROSSES WERE SHIT, and awere of player makin the runs on angles around you OPEN YOUR EYES BOYS.

All in all did ok.

BAD BULLZ

Imho an alll I thought that was the most entertaining 0 -0 i ve seen for a long time yep we missed some chances and did a few ify long balls but we played alot sexy ground game of football then we have in soooooooooooooooooooo long.

Wilko harded up and played well
hutcho was pretty good
heff 1st half was nearly awsome
simon got into alot of good scoring chances very unlucky
huke better then wat people were expecting
mrdja didnt really notice him
ozzie big effort thought did well mostly
pedj made mistakes but made up for them other times
danny didnt have lots to do but did it well when he had too
boogs solid
porter wish hutcho n mrdja would let him take some free kicks

We just held our own if not dominated majority of game in the champions league
FFS we just got a point against asia and were all sorts of unlucky not to get 3 the losing streaks over and the mariners are on there way back.

star fm said crowd was 7k ish

offtheball

BAD BULLZ said:
Imho an alll I thought that was the most entertaining 0 -0 i ve seen for a long time yep we missed some chances and did a few ify long balls but we played alot sexy ground game of football then we have in soooooooooooooooooooo long.

Wilko harded up and played well
hutcho was pretty good
heff 1st half was nearly awsome
simon got into alot of good scoring chances very unlucky
huke better then wat people were expecting
mrdja didnt really notice him
ozzie big effort thought did well mostly
pedj made mistakes but made up for them other times
danny didnt have lots to do but did it well when he had too
boogs solid
porter wish hutcho n mrdja would let him take some free kicks

We just held our own if not dominated majority of game in the champions league
FFS we just got a point against asia and were all sorts of unlucky not to get 3 the losing streaks over and the mariners are on there way back.

star fm said crowd was 7k ish

Amazing! I must have been at a different game. Most boring game i've seen in living memory. Would like to see the stat for number of throw ins. Must have been a record. If it wasn't over the side line the ref was blowing his whistle.

Neither side looked like scoring except for one shot each.

Pity about the penalty shout, might have opened the game up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred