• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2008-09 HAL Grand Final

dibo

kevrenor said:
Is this saying Breeze got it wrong?
:headbutt:

"SYDNEY
3 March 2009

The independent Match Review Panel (MRP), chaired by Barry Such and
comprising Simon Micallef and Alan Davidson, met this evening to
consider the incidents arising out of the Hyundai A-League 2009 Grand
Final.

Adelaide United player, Cristiano, was issued with an R2 Red Card for
"violent conduct".  The MRP firstly considered a challenge to the Red
Card by the player.  The challenge was upheld and, accordingly, the Red
Card is expunged from the record of the player and he is not required to
serve a sanction.

Melbourne Victory player, Danny Allsopp, was issued with an R2 Red Card
for "violent conduct". The Match Review Panel firstly considered a
challenge to the Red Card made by the player. The challenge was upheld
and, accordingly, the Red Card is expunged from the record of the player
and he is not required to serve a sanction.

ENDS"

i don't quite recall, was there a similar statement last year commenting on shield ignoring an obvious handball?

brett

Man, that is farcical.

IMO, this only puts more emphasis on the importance of winning the league. With the officials so consistently capable of completely ruining games, surely the ability to come out on top over 21 rounds rather than a one off match has to hold more value.

dibo

brett said:
Man, that is farcical.

IMO, this only puts more emphasis on the importance of winning the league. With the officials so consistently capable of completely ruining games, surely the ability to come out on top over 21 rounds rather than a one off match has to hold more value.

absolutely right. across 21 weeks (27 next season), you can (optimistically perhaps) assume that the errors will sum to zero - no team will be systematically advantaged by the errors of the officiating. in 90 minutes, no chance.

now they've panned him, take his f**king badge off him. he's been disastrous so often it's not funny. the whole elite officiating structure needs a big shake-up, from inspectors and administrator down to the youth and W-League ARs and fourth officials. coach these officials properly and promote and relegate on performance.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

dibo - I haven't watched much int he way of NRL an W-league, you seem to think the officials there aren't much chop either? (I agree wholeheartdely with the rest of your post)

As for the W-league....I hate to say it, but if you're a chick it isn't exactly difficult to get promoted like there's no tomorrow, just coz.  As for the NYL....I know a few of the guys on that panel and they're top officials, though I also know a few of the selections left some other referees thinking 'how the hell did they manage that??'.  There's always a risk of favouritism coming into play.

Here's an update: Breeze reported Cristiano as being sent off for Violent Conduct.  If so, then it may be that he got off on a technicality; you cannot be guilty of violent conduct when challenging for the ball, it can only be serious foul play.

Wow, if that's why he got off then Breeze ought to have his arse handed to him on a platter...

I actually hope that IS the reason, because if so then it doesn't bring the integrity of the FFA into question (well, not any more than usual anyway)...

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Careless is free kick only, reckless is yellow, using excessive force is red (such as excessive brutality when challenging for the ball, or endangering the safety of an opponent).

Violent conduct occurs when using excessive force (or brutality etc) when not challenging for the ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred