• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2008/09 Draw and Memberships - When will they be out???

john_kowolski

Any ideas when the 2008/09 draw will be released. Theres only 4 months until the season starts, so it must be soon.

Also, I assume that the cost of a ticket will include the Youth League match before the A-League Match. However, what happens if the Youth game is at Bluetongue when a Mariners game isn't on (like the day after). Would a membership cover this? What about ticketing? Would the be an admission charge for the general public? Is there a possibility that there will be a Youth game on a different day to a CCM game at Bluetongue?

After all, they said membership packages would be released in April, and we still don't have a draw yet!

skilbeck

the draw will be before the membership is released. I think last year the draw was released in may and the memberships were released in june and I reckon round 1 will be vs sydney in sydney as that seems to be the tradition of things since 2006. NYE will be at bluetongue vs Melbourne same reason and i hope there is a christmas weekend round vs Sydney at bluetongue again

Atomic

Yeah, away at Sydney is a great way to start the season  :thumbup:. Last year it was cold, raining and miserable but I think the conditions really forged a great spirit amongst the supporters that made the effort to show up (winning the game helped as well  ;))

Also, given the success of the postponed match against Sydney, I'm sure the FFA wont be scheduling any breaks over the Xmas period. It proved to be a great opportunity for the code as there wasn't any competition from other sports. I hope we keep the Melbourne NYE match and play either Sydney or Scum the weekend b4 Xmas

Jesus

Jesus
skilbeck said:
we could go back to a scum NYE derby, that hasnt been the best night against Melbourne historically

Would be a waste. We fill the stadium with very few away fans. Why send heaps home due to scummers heading down?

If we play sydney in that break, expect it to be the game they were considering at homebush.

marinermick

Jesus said:
dibo said:
rumours on the jets forum are circulating that we'll be away to them in for the opener.

Jets V Mariners
Fri Aug 15th 2008.
8pm kick off

Would be a strange chance. Benefiting sydney more than scum i think. Maybe sydney will play their home game against us at homebush instead in that christmas break?

draws go through heaps and heaps of drafts so this will probably change

at one stage in season two we were playing sydney on NYE

SNOWMARINER

Not a bad idea and sure to draw a huge crowd. Great promotion of the game for those in the greater Sydney region that don't want to travel any further than Hombush and great for travelling Mariners fans. In that case I'd be there forsure.

adz

Staff member
When we get a big crowd to Sydney/Newcastle games and NYE no matter who we play, it would be a waste to use Sydney/Newcastle on NYE, as that takes away one of our big crowd matches... if that makes sense...

marinermick

SNOWMARINER said:
Not a bad idea and sure to draw a huge crowd. Great promotion of the game for those in the greater Sydney region that don't want to travel any further than Hombush and great for travelling Mariners fans. In that case I'd be there forsure.

stupid idea and luckily was quashed

we are going to get a big crowd anyway against sydney

there is no point wasting that crowd because NYE is an event game and will draw a big crowd regardless of opposition

Deej

Memberships will be out in May.........and yes a draft of the draw had us away at EAS round 1 but as Mick said, there's many changes.  Last season there were 7 or 8 drafts before all clubs could agree on it.

Mini In Bay 6

I think what the FFA last season was good, get as many as the less "heated" matches matches out of the way as possible, have the first weekend after nrl/afl finals choc full of derby hate-fests for all and repeat every few weeks. 

Even though we had a good season last year the nrl/afl finmals series do create a heck of a lot of noise for football to break through - but after that it's all clear air and you should put your best matches until then.

And xmas/new year is boom time.Why not a "Festival of football" where several matches are played days apart by all teams to capitalise on people not doing an awful lot?

Atomic

Mini In Bay 6 said:
I think what the FFA last season was good, get as many as the less "heated" matches matches out of the way as possible, have the first weekend after nrl/afl finals choc full of derby hate-fests for all and repeat every few weeks. 

Even though we had a good season last year the nrl/afl finmals series do create a heck of a lot of noise for football to break through - but after that it's all clear air and you should put your best matches until then.

And xmas/new year is boom time.Why not a "Festival of football" where several matches are played days apart by all teams to capitalise on people not doing an awful lot?

Agree with everything you say, especially about the xmas/new year period. Football's only rival is cricket. IMO A 5 day test match is not really any competition as people tend to just take an "interest" in a 5 day match, ie, check the scores, maybe catch a bit on the TV if it happens to be on or listen to it in the car on the way home from work. A One Day International is a bit more competition for football if it were to fall on the same day, eg, the grand final last season had to share the limelight with Aus vs India at the SCG. It no doubt had an effect on the crowd size (albeit not significantly so). The real competition (for now at least) is 20/20. The FFA have to be very careful to avoid scheduling matches on the same day, in the same city, as a ODI or a 20/20. If they're successful, the xmas/new year definitely has the opportunity to be a "Festival of Football" in the hearts and minds of all Aussies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred