• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

13 Feb v Homeless FC (Perth)

Ancient Mariner

I’ve always thought it a bit “stupid” to refer to a person one has never met as “stupid”. He has his reasons and because they are at odds with your world view does not, by definition, make him “stupid”.
It is not that they are at odds with my view it is that they become a threat to my and others wellbeing. Dobbie refers to his friend as well educated and not stupid. His friends views indicate that he cannot be both he is either poorly educated and not stupid or he is well educated and stupid.

Ancient Mariner

When I was at school I had two acquaintences develop complications from measles, then a common childhood disease. One died, the other was permanently brain damaged.
Measles is now rare in Australia, but there are still outbreaks elsewhere in the world (recently England) where children are dying because parents were scared of the having side effects from vaccinations.
I used to see children having to walk in metal callipers due to the effect of polio or be put in an iron lung in order to survive. I have a friend who is permanently confined to a wheelchair from the effects of this disease. It has been eradicated from this country, and almost the entire world, due to a successful vaccination programme.
I have seen small pox totally eradicated and lived through a time where if you travelled overseas you had to be vaccinated against this horrible disease.
We are still seeing babies dying from whooping cough because parents chose not have siblings vaccinated.

I find it a sad that a very common question of those who are unvaccinated and being admitted to hospital is "Can I get the Vaccine now please?".

I make no apologies for holding my views nor calling out those who put others at risk through either stupidity or wilful ignorance.

Mossano, in the case of children. All school age children are eligible for vaccination. if the parents are refusing to have them vaccinated, then the parents are stupid.

Ozhammer, I agree my last post on this thread.

true believer

When I was at school I had two acquaintences develop complications from measles, then a common childhood disease. One died, the other was permanently brain damaged.
Measles is now rare in Australia, but there are still outbreaks elsewhere in the world (recently England) where children are dying because parents were scared of the having side effects from vaccinations.
I used to see children having to walk in metal callipers due to the effect of polio or be put in an iron lung in order to survive. I have a friend who is permanently confined to a wheelchair from the effects of this disease. It has been eradicated from this country, and almost the entire world, due to a successful vaccination programme.
I have seen small pox totally eradicated and lived through a time where if you travelled overseas you had to be vaccinated against this horrible disease.
We are still seeing babies dying from whooping cough because parents chose not have siblings vaccinated.

I find it a sad that a very common question of those who are unvaccinated and being admitted to hospital is "Can I get the Vaccine now please?".

I make no apologies for holding my views nor calling out those who put others at risk through either stupidity or wilful ignorance.

Mossano, in the case of children. All school age children are eligible for vaccination. if the parents are refusing to have them vaccinated, then the parents are stupid.

Ozhammer, I agree my last post on this thread.
outstanding post

Corsair

It is not that they are at odds with my view it is that they become a threat to my and others wellbeing. Dobbie refers to his friend as well educated and not stupid. His friends views indicate that he cannot be both he is either poorly educated and not stupid or he is well educated and stupid.
I'll let this one go through to Birraz and let's move on.

I haven't been keeping an eye on Perth is Sturridge likely to play?

Big Al

It was very soft, the player jumped over him, no contact was made at all.
Was right in front of me and it was dumb challenge. Definitely a yellow. The player had to jump to avoid a bad tackle. You don’t have to get hit. Should never have tried it.

He goes to ground to easily in some parts of the field but he has this super calmness where nothing fazes him and he is usually pretty good at those sliding tackles but he needs to learn when they are necessary and when he’s asking for trouble when it’s not required

Pirate Pete

No, I don't think Sturridge will be playing.
It's a shame they ditched the "Ins & Outs" squad news isn't it.

I was just having a look to see if there was any news on him.
I forgot he tested positive & was in isolation. That was 18 days ago when he posted that.
So out of isolation now, but that'll be another excuse as to why he's not match fit.

Big Al

Just got out of covid quarantine and won’t play. Perth won’t risk him outside of Perth. They want him for home games.

Saw ONeil Fornaroli and a couple of others are in doubt due to covid and need to pass a fitness test to play and Perth have added some youngsters to fill out the team.

Rip for the picking but we need to be up for it from the start

turbo

Rip for the picking but we need to be up for it from the start
Exactly, we can’t be complacent on this one but we should outplay them by a long way. We know what covid can do to the squad and we’ve dropped points because of it, now is a great chance to pick some up from it.

FFC Mariner

I’ve always thought it a bit “stupid” to refer to a person one has never met as “stupid”. He has his reasons and because they are at odds with your world view does not, by definition, make him “stupid”.
With regard to vaccines? Unless they have a medical degree then yes, stupid is exactly the right word. Along with selfish.

style_cafe

Your friends are obviously stupid and not welcome anywhere near me. :naughty:
And people wonder why this virus is so easily spread.
I understand your feelings AM but the reality of it all from what I can understand is that the vaccine only stops you from getting really sick (in most case).
It doesn`t actually stop you from getting Covid and doesn`t stop you from spreading it either.
I used to be like you mate and thought along the same lines but now to me it`s like If someone doesn`t want to be vaxxed their level of sickness is on them... :popcorn:

style_cafe

Why?
I haven't watched a replay, but from what I recall it looked like a card.
There were certainly no complaints.
Farrell complained mate.
At the time I thought he didn`t touch Mwomba but looking at the replay he clipped him as Charlie was jumping. Maybe a freekick but definitely a very soft yellow... :popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred