• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

11th and 12th A-League Teams

Which bids should be given the right to play in the league as the 11th and 12th teams

• West Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra

• Wollongong

• Tasmania

• Melbourne

• Other (Specify in post)

• Total voters

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Jesus said:
Jorome Alexander Bennett said:
marinermick said:
Someone who works in trademarks has posted on the Sydney fourm that the FFA has trademarked the following names:

A-League All Stars

Does anyone else feel slightly ill at the thought of A-league All-Stars?

I'm sure there are people who nearly jizz their pants over the idea of a squad containing Fyfe, Rech and Eagleton, but the whole concept is far too hokey for my liking.

None of those players would make an a-league all stars team. Is just a showpiece state of origin style game. Though I am not sure if they are thinking 2 a-league teams, or the a-league team to play a foreign team eg NZ.

Whatever they decide it will no doubt be first played in sydney. But if it was a 3 game SoO style thing would guess syd/melb/bris. But think it would be a one off

Showpieces are what we should avoid as a code. We have real competitions for genuine trophies that matter. The A-league clubs are cardboard cutout teams that Lowy begged us to support. They in no way represent us. The premise is weak. A few bad games and the people turn away. Well run club that has had a good share of success and people still turn away if the football isn't champaigne. Let's not further highlight the appropriated nature of our domestic league by devaluing it with state representative blockbusters or a-league versus MLS.

The A-league can't offer sexy football. So the clubs must be representative of their communities.

Hokey one-offs would be more entertaining to 'Sport-loving Stevo'. Why would he bother with anything less. He would watch A-league v. MLS and the finals series.

NewyForever

dibo said:
NewyForever said:
It's a stupid idea and would never work

Look at the other codes - rugby league and afl have 26 and 22 rounds respectively plus finals series

This is what the aussie sport public want to see, not some latin american garbage.

RL has 24 rounds, and nice work on the complete lack of an argument. since when do you speak for 'the aussie sport public'?

nice work on 'latin american crap' too - scotland's not part of latin america but ignorance usually goes with xenophobia so i shouldn't blame you for missing that.

Leauge and GayFL are the 2 biggest sports in Australia (crowd wise).  They don't cut their seasons in half because it would halt their momentum.

If the A-League had to seperate seasons there is no way it could compete with RL and GayFL anyway, though it would probably kill of union which would be a good thing.

I'm not a xenophobe, probably ignorant though.  I'm just saying that its worked in the latin american countries for years because they've built a tradition.  I always thought Scotland was similar to the EPL but they played each other 3 or 4 times instead.  Further reading on wiki has showed me how complicated their system is over there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred