• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

11th and 12th A-League Teams

Which bids should be given the right to play in the league as the 11th and 12th teams

• West Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra

• Wollongong

• Tasmania

• Melbourne

• Other (Specify in post)

• Total voters

galxc

I've heard the announcement will be made sometime in March but feel free to correct me if this is wrong.

Roy Law

Because a 2nd melbourne franchise under the name of Melbourne Hearts has favoured staus with the FFA and will be the 11th team. Ben Buckley let it slip in a lunchtime interview on Fox Sports a few weeks ago that Western Sydney is the most likely/ most favoured for 12th spot followed by Canberra and Wollongong

Jesus

Jesus
Melb 2 was already all but guarenteed. West sydney is incredibly likely to increase media exposure and the boost for ratings possiblities.

kevrenor

Jesus said:
West sydney is incredibly likely to increase media exposure and the boost for ratings possiblities.

And despite a virtual bid.  :eek:
Haven't seen a scintilla of evidence that there is a real, organised, cashed-up, bid.  ::)

BTW, I go South Coast (Wollongong) bid, then Capital (Canberra) bid

clarence

Voted for Melbourne #2, and Canberra.

Reasons for Melbourne #2, is that the current club has got it act together big time, and can manage a second team taking some of it's crowd away. They have also shown how an A-League club can produce results.

I voted for Canberra, despite my misgivings about their bid venture, purely because, like Kevrenor, I haven't seen a shred of evidence that there's a bunch of business people cashing up a syndicate for West Sydney.

Also, Sydney FC needs to get it's act together and I don't see any use in putting in a second team in the one town, when the original team has not been as successful as it should have been. A second team might well ruin Sydney FC, and despite my dislike for them, I can't see how the news a failed Sydney FC would do any good for the A-League or Football in general.

dibo

I would like to see 2nd Sydney, 2nd Melbourne.

The reason is that there is then twice the number of stories to come out and fill column inches or time on Sports Tonight. If the big capitals' clubs getting lots of media time is the price of a successful competition, so be it, but the cost of capitals' clubs getting less media than they might is a loss of attention and therefore money for all of us.

EDIT - this doesn't mean I want to see those clubs to the exclusion of others, I just think that over time we've got enough people wanting to support the code and finance the code and even play in the competition that we can support even up to 16 clubs.

marinermick

dibo said:

The reason is that there is then twice the number of stories to come out and fill column inches or time on Sports Tonight. If the big capitals' clubs getting lots of media time is the price of a successful competition, so be it, but the cost of capitals' clubs getting less media than they might is a loss of attention and therefore money for all of us.

EDIT - this doesn't mean I want to see those clubs to the exclusion of others, I just think that over time we've got enough people wanting to support the code and finance the code and even play in the competition that we can support even up to 16 clubs.

Agreed, otherwise we lose our football heartland and production in the west.

As it is now Sydney FC would draw very few spectators from the west so to say they will suffer is just bogus. The few fans they lose will be multiplied ten-fold through the intense rivalry of the Sydney derby.

Just because Sydney FC are ignoring the west and running their operations poorly doesn't mean the west should suffer.

Bring on some epic derbies in the 12 team comp - Sydney derby, F3 derby, tard derby and sun-bed derby

dibo

marinermick said:
dibo said:

Agreed, otherwise we lose our football heartland and production in the west.

As it is now Sydney FC would draw very few spectators from the west so to say they will suffer is just bogus. The few fans they lose will be multiplied ten-fold through the intense rivalry of the Sydney derby.

Just because Sydney FC are ignoring the west and running their operations poorly doesn't mean the west should suffer.

Bring on some epic derbies in the 12 team comp - Sydney derby, F3 derby, tard derby and sun-bed derby

helps the other clubs too through the increase in the number of big-drawing matches. sydney and melbourne draw well in perth for example, they'd get 6 games a year rather than 3 against clubs from either of sydney or melbourne.

Arabmariner

Melbourne and either 2nd Syd or Wollongong depending on bid quality.

Canberra please noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred