• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

1. FC Nrnberg

happy

Last match day could have been ours - now Hanover is the lucky one
all the clubs facing relegation have lost, except Hanover who have won against Schalke at home

we played Wolfsburg at home but also lost 2:0
actually the match was a bit weird - 24:3 goal chances for us but it was Wolfsburg who scored...
so all effort was worthless

we are now at 28 points, as is Bochum
Hanover has got 27, Freiburg 25 and Berlin 22

we ahve 4  matches left though

dibo

Bad weekend really saved only by Bochum conceding late to Hamburg. It would have been nice for Hannover to stay 3pts further away, and Kln winning at an increasingly out-of-sorts Hoffenheim isn't great either.

Now we're only 1pt ahead of the playoff spot rather than 3 and there are less clubs just ahead to overtake. Mind you, at this rate we'll overtake Hoffenheim - how a better (and more deserved) result at their ground would have helped...

midfielder

Tight as a drum... after the 2:1 loss to Freiburg

Numberg 28 points goal difference  - 22
Bochum 28 points goal difference  - 24
Freiburg 28 points goal difference  - 27

Nail bitting stuff on goal difference in front... many sleepless nights to come...

happy

I haven't seen the match so I can't say anything about it
all I know is that the fight against relegation is now incredibly tough
can't see us win against neither Dortmund nor Hamburg, so the only chance we have is on the last matchday against Cologne at home

I believe that Berlin is already relegated although they are only 5 points behind with 3 games left but they have to play Leverkusen, Schalke and Bayern afaik

so it's going to be decided between Bochum, Hanover, Freiburg and us

happy

Tomorrow is the 2nd last match day
we are playing Hamburg away

I really hope that we at least get a draw but I am not that optimistic

Bochum plays against Bayern Munich away
Berlin plays against Leverkusen away
Hanover plays against Mnchengladbach at home
Freiburg plays against Cologne away

marinermick

Good luck.

Probably helps that Hamburg have played midweek and that they currently have nothing to play for with their position on the ladder.

As a HSV fan I should be going for them but I really want you guys to stay up so, Go Nurnberg!

happy

Did you watch the semi final yesterday/ this morning your time?

I as well hope that we will stay up. but it is going to be tough. I think it will be decided on the last match day...

I won't get a season ticket for the new season regardless of the league but I prefer playing on the Saturday instead of Sunday and Monday :)

midfielder

Not good news..

Todays results

Dortmund - Wolfsburg1:1
Bayer 04 - Hertha BSC1:1
Eintracht - Hoffenheim1:2
Schalke 04 - Werder0:2
FC Bayern - Bochum3:1
Hannover - M'gladbach6:1
1. FC Kln - Freiburg2:2
Stuttgart - Mainz 052:2
HSV - Nrnberg4:0

meaning a table that looks like this with FC N in the playoff position...

http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/tabelle/index.php

happy

Can't really see us winning against Cologne next week which is necessary to stay up...
Won't make any predictions regarding next week as anything is possible - we can get relegated, we can get on the play off spot and we can stay up
I think that Bochum is a different opponent for Hanover than Mnchengladbach was yesterday - it was like a trial match for Hanover

Anyway, I am really disappointed of our match. We were 3:0 down after just 30mins... and made no effort at all to fight and run and try to score a goal. they played like we were somewhere in the middle of the table and just have to play the match to get the season finished...that's why I can't see us winning next week as I have the impression that the players don't know what it is all about
I won't go to the match next week though

If we get relegated we gain the title "most relegated club" back - at least something  :mad:

Some news on Dario Vidosic:
his loan contract with Duisburg won't be extended so he comes back to Nrnberg. However, it is not sure whether he is going to stay with us or moves somewhere else. I think it depends on the league we are playing in next season.

dibo

fingers crossed for good results thgis weekend but I'm really not optimistic... it's the match we didn't want and hannover have hit form at the right time to pull off an unlikely escape.

in other german news though, some werder bremen's fans made an interesting tifo in cologne the other week:

werderbremeninfamousyou.png

it was made by their 'infamous youth' group - an antifa group who have a bit of history making lefty social statements with their tifos.

dibo

FCN won against Cologne, but given Hannover won again it didn't really matter. They're stuck in the relegation playoff against the 3rd place 2.Bundesliga side.

That loss against Freiburg was very very costly...

happy

dibo said:
FCN won against Cologne, but given Hannover won again it didn't really matter. They're stuck in the relegation playoff against the 3rd place 2.Bundesliga side.

That loss against Freiburg was very very costly...

We now have to play Augsburg in the play-offs. The home match takes place on Thursday at 8.30pm and the away match on Sunday at 6pm.
Augsburg played a really good season and gained 33 points out of the last 17 matches

happy

Part 1 of the relegation play offs is about to begin in 10.5hours...
never thought that I would be that nervous as I am now...

happy

0:0 after 70mins
we missed a penalty, and had several chances but the keeper from Augsburg is doing a real good job
Pinola got his 10th yellow card so he will miss the match on Sunday

we desperately need a goal as Augsburg has won 31 out of 33 points out of the last 11 home matches...
can't see us scoring though

happy

ok, we won 1:0 but it could have easily been a higher result

now we need to score 1 goal away on Sunday so Augsburg has to score 3 to get promoted as the UEFA Cup rules apply....

Kick off is Sunday, 16th May, 6pm CEST

happy

:eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:
2:0 after 73 mins

pretty sure we are staying up in Bundesliga 1

still some time left to play but Augsburg are already red-carded

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads