• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

#standupforthemariners

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
it was awesome to see the 11, 000 or so (9,900 my arse) get up at the ten minute mark, couple of people sitting fron of me asked what was going n so I told em and up they got......the rally at Kibble was brilliant as well, I was a bit fearful that the 122 that ticked agree on the FB invite would maybe show up, as the coast is a bit notorious for letting the other guy do it...BUT...heaps showed up ...and Laurie, Fish, Gabby Bowles , the bloke from CCF (whose name eludes me at the moment), Chris Holstein and,,EGGY got up and said their bit....all we have to do is keep the movement going, of course the boys winning a few would help

LOYALCCMFAN

I met up with Lawrie today at lunch to do some interviews with NBN to talk about the community rally on Saturday. It's the first time I've had a chat with him. He is putting so much time and effort into promoting the Mariners and for no financial gain. He gave up his ambassador role which he was getting paid for to stand up for the Mariners on the coast.

He believes that Charlsworth's main reason for moving games to North Sydney is to pump up the perceived value if the club to sell it. This is why he couldn't stand by and watch the Central Coast's only professional team move away to Sydney.

All I can say is he has an unstoppable passion to see the club remain on the Central Coast.

Great that Lawrie is promoting the Mariners! Based on conversations I've had, MC is not looking to move or sell the club. North Sydney is the club's way of trying to get more support to make the club viable (i.e. breakeven). As an average fan, I'm hoping consistently larger crowds at Gosford (like last Sat.) will mean that all home games are in Gosford.

LOYALCCMFAN

Great that Lawrie is promoting the Mariners! Based on conversations I've had, MC is not looking to move or sell the club. North Sydney is the club's way of trying to get more support to make the club viable (i.e. breakeven). As an average fan, I'm hoping consistently larger crowds at Gosford (like last Sat.) will mean that all home games are in Gosford.
This article is in my opinion an indication of MC's commitment to the coast!
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/12/30/storrie-and-mitchell-board-mariners-shake

Atomic

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/12/30/storrie-and-mitchell-board-mariners-shake
Commitment to the Coast :confused: Are you serious???

Where in that article does it say that MC is commited to the Central Coast? He's comitted to trying to make some money out of his investment and the way I read it is that his hired gun is coming to try and placate the supporters and convince us that the current direction is the only way forward.

Are we supposed to be in awe of this character because he keeps mentioning the Premier League? Are we suppose to fall to our knees becasue they mention that they are searching for a striker?

MC's commitment to the coast... you're havin' a larf! More like MC's commitment to his back pocket.

Dont bullshit us mate... either tell it like it is or shut up.

LOYALCCMFAN

OK, "I'll tell it like it is mate"......what I find is bullshit is how everything that the club (including MC) does is seen as negative by some people (like you). How can spending money on two experienced resources to come and help be bad for the club? No, you are not supposed to be in "awe" or "fall to your knees" but at least try and be fair in your assessment of the situation. I've seen comments about how the club needs to be run better; this to me is an attempt to do that. The club is losing money and that has to be fixed or it's not sustainable. If you don't get that you are kidding yourself.

Oh and as far as "shutting up is concerned", that's not going to happen. I have been a supporter and member for many years and I have a right to my opinion even if it doesn't fit with your one-sided, old-fashioned "let's hate the owner" mentality. The club needs financial support as well as fan support.

Gratis

overall this strikes me as positive, they're certainly making the noises that they need to re-engage with fans and work to keep in the Coast.
after some of the stuff I've read on Storrie however I'll be reserving my judgment until I see what is actually done.
the term is kinetic expression - what one does, not what one says

LOYALCCMFAN

overall this strikes me as positive, they're certainly making the noises that they need to re-engage with fans.
after some of the stuff I've read on Storrie however I'll be reserving my judgment until I see what is actually done.
the term is kinetic expression - what one does, no what one says
Agreed. Let's at least give it a chance.

Capt. Awesome

OK, "I'll tell it like it is mate"......what I find is bullshit is how everything that the club (including MC) does is seen as negative by some people (like you). How can spending money on two experienced resources to come and help be bad for the club? No, you are not supposed to be in "awe" or "fall to your knees" but at least try and be fair in your assessment of the situation. I've seen comments about how the club needs to be run better; this to me is an attempt to do that. The club is losing money and that has to be fixed or it's not sustainable. If you don't get that you are kidding yourself.

Oh and as far as "shutting up is concerned", that's not going to happen. I have been a supporter and member for many years and I have a right to my opinion even if it doesn't fit with your one-sided, old-fashioned "let's hate the owner" mentality. The club needs financial support as well as fan support.
People see everything the club does as negative because they don't trust Charlsworth anymore. Instead of talking to fans first about more NSO games he talks to the media. Also his statements can't be trusted. Last year he said only 2 games would be moved to NS and now it's 4-5. He can't be trusted so why would you expect everyone to believe his at his word???

Atomic

"People (like you)" annoy me because you take the article that you posted and say it's "an indication of MC's commitment to the coast!". I retort by saying that that's BS because that article is NOT about "MC's commitment to the coast!" at all... but rather his desire to make the club profitable. I'm sceptical about the current pathway to profitability and say as much in my above post. Point out the flaws in my thinking... based on the article... then I will humbly apologise.

No where in that article dose it say that they will attempt to have a "commitment to the coast!". You're not telling it like it is... "MC's commitment to the coast!" remains abiguous at best. I love this club and this region too much to sit back and read bullshit posts about "MC's commitment to the coast!" without saying somthing.

Oh and as far as "shutting up is concerned"... mate, you have no credibility on this forum. Have you posted about anything else? What were your thoughts about the game last weekend? What are your thoughts on our squad? Have you sung the praises of our boys in the big European leagues? No??? You post on one thing only. Single agenda-driven posters, by their very nature, have a great deal of suspicion attached to their posts. You have already been accused of being MC and BS, so it's hard to take your posts as intended. Earn the respect of the forum and I might have a slightly different reaction next time you make a (bullshit) comment.

LOYALCCMFAN

"People (like you)" annoy me because you take the article that you posted and say it's "an indication of MC's commitment to the coast!". I retort by saying that that's BS because that article is NOT about "MC's commitment to the coast!" at all... but rather his desire to make the club profitable. I'm sceptical about the current pathway to profitability and say as much in my above post. Point out the flaws in my thinking... based on the article... then I will humbly apologise.

No where in that article dose it say that they will attempt to have a "commitment to the coast!". You're not telling it like it is... "MC's commitment to the coast!" remains abiguous at best. I love this club and this region too much to sit back and read bullshit posts about "MC's commitment to the coast!" without saying somthing.

Oh and as far as "shutting up is concerned"... mate, you have no credibility on this forum. Have you posted about anything else? What were your thoughts about the game last weekend? What are your thoughts on our squad? Have you sung the praises of our boys in the big European leagues? No??? You post on one thing only. Single agenda-driven posters, by their very nature, have a great deal of suspicion attached to their posts. You have already been accused of being MC and BS, so it's hard to take your posts as intended. Earn the respect of the forum and I might have a slightly different reaction next time you make a (bullshit) comment.

Sorry you are annoyed but did you even read the article?? Assuming you didn't, here's an excerpt:

"I am going to be there to look at restructuring the club and to unite everybody moving forward,” said Storrie, who arrives for a six-week stint in Australia in February.
"We want to get everybody behind the Mariners as one voice – I want to meet all the various fans groups and those who have issues with the club, talk to them all. It will be about focusing on the future, not the past."
Front and centre of those groups is the Stand Up For the Mariners campaign led by Gosford mayor and former Central Coast coach Lawrie McKinna
who resigned in November from his ambassadorial role at the club.

That's what I was referring to as commitment to the coast. And yes, there's a desire to make the club profitable but that doesn't just benefit Charlesworth...it benefits the club! Why do you think anyone would want to lose money in a venture like CCM? If you were the owner, I bet you wouldn't!

Oh and as far as "shutting up is concerned"...I couldn't care less who you think I am. I know I am a concerned, longtime CCM fan who sees nothing but negativity in articles like the one I originally chose to respond to and subsequent posts by a small number of fans (like you) that share a certain point of view. I have opinions about the game last weekend (I was there), the squad, our boys in Europe etc. but I choose to share those with my friends and family over beers. Unlike you, I am not a professional poster but at this critical time, I feel strongly about needing to add a balanced view to move our club forward positively. That's why I chose to post. Earning the respect of the forum isn't my priority; getting a less extreme, more positive viewpoint from the fan base out there about the club as a whole is.

Reactions: adz

adz

Staff member
I like the positive viewpoint but that article doesn't suggest any commitment to staying on the Coast.
Just like every other time the club tries to explain something, they seem to bring up more questions than answers.
E.g. the club is losing money, therefore we have to move games. For a lot of us there seems to be no connection between the problem and the solution.
Just like saying we want everyone to get behind the Mariners. It's a good thing but doesn't mean they won't be moving any more games.

Either way, the article does suggest the club is trying things to improve.
So that's got to be a good thing?

LOYALCCMFAN

I like the positive viewpoint but that article doesn't suggest any commitment to staying on the Coast.
Just like every other time the club tries to explain something, they seem to bring up more questions than answers.
E.g. the club is losing money, therefore we have to move games. For a lot of us there seems to be no connection between the problem and the solution.
Just like saying we want everyone to get behind the Mariners. It's a good thing but doesn't mean they won't be moving any more games.

Either way, the article does suggest the club is trying things to improve.
So that's got to be a good thing?

I agree that there are questions to be answered. I am hoping that this is a move to help unite the club which to me means staying on the coast. I was encouraged by the fact that Storrie is already talking about reaching out to the fans. I prefer to give this a chance rather than be negative. We need a united club (which includes management) for things to work.

Atomic

This is fun...
Sorry you are annoyed but did you even read the article?? Assuming you didn't, here's an excerpt:

"I am going to be there to look at restructuring the club and to unite everybody moving forward,” said Storrie, who arrives for a six-week stint in Australia in February.
"We want to get everybody behind the Mariners as one voice – I want to meet all the various fans groups and those who have issues with the club, talk to them all. It will be about focusing on the future, not the past."
Front and centre of those groups is the Stand Up For the Mariners campaign led by Gosford mayor and former Central Coast coach Lawrie McKinna
who resigned in November from his ambassadorial role at the club.

Adz put it a lot more eloquently than I was prepared to, but I will persist…

I just don't understand how you cannot see that the parts of the article you so kindly bolded… DO NOT INDICATE MC'S COMMITMENT TO THE COAST. Yes, it says they want everyone to unite… but unite how? Unite where? They want to focus on the future, not the past. Well the past is a team based at Gosford… what's the future? Talking to the fans and to Lawrie is NOT a commitment to the Central Coast.

Atomic

Oh and as far as "shutting up is concerned"...I couldn't care less who you think I am. I know I am a concerned, longtime CCM fan who sees nothing but negativity in articles like the one I originally chose to respond to and subsequent posts by a small number of fans (like you) that share a certain point of view. I have opinions about the game last weekend (I was there), the squad, our boys in Europe etc. but I choose to share those with my friends and family over beers. Unlike you, I am not a professional poster but at this critical time, I feel strongly about needing to add a balanced view to move our club forward positively. That's why I chose to post. Earning the respect of the forum isn't my priority; getting a less extreme, more positive viewpoint from the fan base out there about the club as a whole is.
Say what you will, but single agenda posters have little to no credibility on this forum. That's life. There's not much you can say in your defence that's going to change that unfortunately. We see it all the time, particularly in the CCF Academy thread, where it seems pissed off parents of talentless kids regularly vent their spleens about young Johnny not being selected in a rep side.

I suspect you're doing your cause more harm than good. Someone who so strongly defends their opinion on this one and only issue comes across as a stooge. For someone who wants to express a less extreme, more positive viewpoint, you sure have an odd way of doing it.

go you yellow

This is fun...

Adz put it a lot more eloquently than I was prepared to, but I will persist…

I just don't understand how you cannot see that the parts of the article you so kindly bolded… DO NOT INDICATE MC'S COMMITMENT TO THE COAST. Yes, it says they want everyone to unite… but unite how? Unite where? They want to focus on the future, not the past. Well the past is a team based at Gosford… what's the future? Talking to the fans and to Lawrie is NOT a commitment to the Central Coast.

I agree with Atomic, it's a pretty long bow to call it anything other than MC is trying to work out how to run a football club. Given its his first crack at it I reckon he will be doing what he has done in the past , trying to find a business model that works - even that will be difficult I reckon given not many people make money from doing it. But I guess and expect that what we all have liked about the club in the past won't be what he has to do in the future to meet his objectives.

VicMariner

Capt. Awesome hit the nail on the head:
People see everything the club does as negative because they don't trust Charlsworth anymore. Instead of talking to fans first about more NSO games he talks to the media. Also his statements can't be trusted. Last year he said only 2 games would be moved to NS and now it's 4-5. He can't be trusted so why would you expect everyone to believe his at his word???

I don't trust MC because he never seems to say the same thing twice.
As for Storrie, his past performance is worrying to say the least.

go you yellow

Capt. Awesome hit the nail on the head:

I don't trust MC because he never seems to say the same thing twice.
As for Storrie, his past performance is worrying to say the least.

MC does pretty much disenfranchise supporters every time he gets something in the media - I'm not sure though if it's his fault ( although I reckon it is ) or perhaps media looking for a story to rile us up even more.

If he was consistent and clear in his Comms and upfront with members and supports first and then the media perhaps trust would follow - also assuming that he cares...

mariner72

MC does pretty much disenfranchise supporters every time he gets something in the media - I'm not sure though if it's his fault ( although I reckon it is ) or perhaps media looking for a story to rile us up even more.

If he was consistent and clear in his Comms and upfront with members and supports first and then the media perhaps trust would follow - also assuming that he cares...
I understand the communication with the OSC is transparent. I don't agree with a lot about this club and never had however lets get some facts straight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred