• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 25: CCM v WSW - Sterj Appreciation Round

style_cafe

Maybe CCM are using Glenn Wheatley's accountant to count the numbers.
Nah, we got rid of him. We`ve Paul Hogan`s number cruncher now!

Also Kudos to PP. , I cringed when we sang for YELLOW after the RBB had done theirs, but in the end I really think we re-claimed our chant with a mighty effort from both stands. I just wish we could get them both to do it together . Now that would be awesome!!

sydmariner

Also Kudos to PP. , I cringed when we sang for YELLOW after the RBB had done theirs, but in the end I really think we re-claimed our chant with a mighty effort from both stands. I just wish we could get them both to do it together . Now that would be awesome!!
when we 1st started singing it they started booing us

finally retired

I was sitting up the other end of the eastern stand from the RBB & I couldn't hear them. Bay 16 drowned them out!
unfortunately I was in bay 50, so right next to the Wanderers fans....and for most of the night they were all I could hear....BUT it was great when the chant for YELLOW came, and I thought it was even better when WSW booed....that showed that everyone at the ground could hear the Mariners fans, even the RBB. it was also funny when they were doing the poznan and we nearly scored.....a lot of them were looking over their shoulders when they could hear how excited the Mariners fans were getting. Kudos to their fans...despite the result and their numbers, I didn't see or hear of any "bovver"at the game...maybe that came later ?.

nebakke

Heh, I was wondering how it was going to go - I thought it might have gotten cringe-worthy, until I saw how riled up they got when the Eastern Terrace responded the first time... I don't think I've ever chanted as loudly as I did when the turn came to us :) good bit of fun and it's OUR chant! ;)

I was wondering why we didn't do both sides too, we've done it before :)

Last edited:

nebakke

unfortunately I was in bay 50, so right next to the Wanderers fans....and for most of the night they were all I could hear....BUT it was great when the chant for YELLOW came, and I thought it was even better when WSW booed....that showed that everyone at the ground could hear the Mariners fans, even the RBB. it was also funny when they were doing the poznan and we nearly scored.....a lot of them were looking over their shoulders when they could hear how excited the Mariners fans were getting. Kudos to their fans...despite the result and their numbers, I didn't see or hear of any "bovver"at the game...maybe that came later ?.

Yeah, I have to say, I thought they seemed fairly decent compared to the past... But then again, I only saw their more casual supporters coming and we left well after they did.
Once that is said though, considering the almost-blow-up in the intersection outside the Indian Restaurant after the Jets game - that was quite a bit later as well - and there was nothing like that here :)

MrCelery

The perfect weekend. A superb 3 points to the Mariners. And the Jets falling flat on their face in Perth. I thought the quality of the Perth v Jets match was abysmal. If we can't beat Perth we don't deserve a finals spot.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
have I asked this before?...WTF is that pozman bollocks...why would you turn your back on your team?

elevated position

I disagree, I thought he held the ball up well and offered a lot up front working tirelessly. Completely agree it was inspirational him staying out there with his body shutting down.
Yes I thought Matt play his designated role to perfection with his manic running and harassment of the defence especially the defensive mid who was continually complaining to the referee. Close to my MOM.

tsd

Yes I thought Matt play his designated role to perfection with his manic running and harassment of the defence especially the defensive mid who was continually complaining to the referee. Close to my MOM.
I'd go so far as to say matty has been the key reason that our season is back on track. Moss correctly identified our main weakness has been playing out from the back against pressing teams. Having Matty up front provides a rout 1 outlet to play over the pressure and has resulted in a fair chunk of the goals scored AND has seen a massive reduction in the silly errors turning the ball over in our own half. Just having the option has made teams like wsw who normally press hard commit less numbers forward in defence

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred