• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 25: CCM v WSW - Sterj Appreciation Round

eenfish

Maybe, but it's the ones that fall outside of the "mostly" who scare me. From bitter experience I've found then to be a greater danger than those from any other club.

All my experiences with Wanderers fans have been positive, walking through the middle of their pre-game march on their first visit to Gosford has me pissing my pants but they were all good sports, a few boos but all in good faith, as well as good half-time and post-match banter both times I've been to Parramatta.

In fact, the only time I've actually felt proper threatened from a deliberate act of intimidation was at Newcastle when some blokes tried to start a fight over my haircut. Steady on, lads.

Wombat

Those of us that went to the first ever drive by v ccm game at parra stadium (and I'm tipping yellowcake was there) can vouch that they certainly have some f**kwit supporters....but to their credit or their security they appear to have got rid the most of the losers that attached themselves in the 1st season.
Clearly they still have some problems judging by the behaviour in Melbourne BUT unlike the bogans from Newcastle....they actually do know how to act like humans when they want to.

Like most people from Western Sydney...they are not angels...and some of them come from pretty rough (for want of a better word) countries but their support is fantastic and they have been brilliant for HAL

Yes they carry on like twats at times but I'm happy to give respect when it's due....and so far at BT they have been pretty good.

The last time they played here we had a Presso night at the CCLC after the game that ended in a large all in brawl that ended up with the whole club being evicted and the party being shut down and the one thing that stuck in my mind was the disapproving look on one of the bouncers faces as he said..." For f**k sake boys we thought the trouble would come from the Sydney boys tonight and not you lot!"

So treat them with respect and hopefully is will be returned.

COYY

MrCelery

Those of us that went to the first ever drive by v ccm game at parra stadium (and I'm tipping yellowcake was there) can vouch that they certainly have some f**kwit supporters....but to their credit or their security they appear to have got rid the most of the losers that attached themselves in the 1st season.
Clearly they still have some problems judging by the behaviour in Melbourne BUT unlike the bogans from Newcastle....they actually do know how to act like humans when they want to.

Like most people from Western Sydney...they are not angels...and some of them come from pretty rough (for want of a better word) countries but their support is fantastic and they have been brilliant for HAL

Yes they carry on like twats at times but I'm happy to give respect when it's due....and so far at BT they have been pretty good.

...snip

I agree. They have a group of testosterone (and probably anabolic steroid) driven muscle-bound lunatics. And some of them think they invented active football support. But ignoring them, the WSW fans are great.

gull

Wow that was special.

When Bernie's goal went in the only other time I've roared as loud was when Patrick scored in the GF.

Awesome second half and we won with pure desire and the famous Mariner's spirit.

13,000 crowd pffft. Western stand 95% full, Eastern stand 70% full & Northern 60%. Some dodgy counting going on for sure if it holds 20k....

sydmariner

Wow that was special.

When Bernie's goal went in the only other time I've roared as loud was when Patrick scored in the GF.

Awesome second half and we won with pure desire and the famous Mariner's spirit.

13,000 crowd pffft. Western stand 95% full, Eastern stand 70% full & Northern 60%. Some dodgy counting going on for sure if it holds 20k....
IMO it's just a conspiracy so that they can move 2 nso

true believer

the fab back 4 rose top shelf , steady was the colossus of graham park.
stormy girt, courage and skill,wow .
ooh seung-yong , against a brutal side like the RBB danced and skipped . I wish there was a camera on him all night.
what a delight , what a keats-esk thing of beauty.
Bernie , Bernie , Bernie people talked of kewells successor . sir Bernie ,hero to his people. your the one

eenfish

How bloody good has Bernie been, though?

Could he, dare I say, be playing himself into World Cup contention? Worth a punt for the initial call up, I reckon Ange.

Also great to see Roux back in for the A-League. But after what has been happening, I am not too afraid for a home ACL match with Sim, Seip, Trifiro, and Monty starting. Up and up!

eenfish

I feel a little annoyed we're in second. With how we are playing, I wouldn't mind an extra game to watch!

rbakersmith

Fantastic game, although I really wish JC would work on Reddy's clearances!

Who would have thought a few weeks ago that we'd be sitting in second?

Wombat

Wow that was special.

13k crowd....my f**king arse!

ABSOLUTE min of 14k+.

Most likely high 15k to low 16k.

If that was an NRL game it would have been reported as 18.5k.

This has been a weird season.

Assuming the sides hold 8k each and the end 4.5.... Then the absolute minimum there tonight was 15.5k.

I can't wait for Tuesday as I should be able to count every single person in the crowd and think I might be ringing ICAC if the twats at HQ keep playing these weird games.

Last edited:

style_cafe

Fantastic night!
I took the missus & she wanted to sit with the Yellow Army...lol
It`s a crap spot to watch the game from but hell the atmosphere was magic!
The RBB really got into it but from where I was sitting I hardly heard the band all night.
I`ll take it they were as awesome as usual!!

Cheers to my old mate Carlos who reads the forum (probably writes a bit here too the sneaky bugger)
& G`day to Recky who was sitting a few seats from me.

As for the crowd ...13,000 my arse!!! There`s no way there were 7,000 empty seats tonight.
Like Wombat I would say 15,000 to 16,000 easy.

So proud to be a MARINER tonight!!!:cheers:

Wombat

That was a bit better...we actually are starting to look like a Football side again.

We were poor in the first half but dominated in the second and deserved the points.

The last 10 minutes we were like the Mariners of old and It does make you wonder how easy we could be smashing everyone (apart from Bris) if we actually put our best 11 on the park and actually had a go rather than just trying to contain and counter.

Reddy 7. Decent.
Rose 7.5. Great goal and defended well all game. Maybe a bit slack one their goal but one of our best tonight. Annoying that he has to do the work of our midfield at times.
Storm 7. Back to form. He best game in ages. Cut back on our goal was all class.
Ando 7. Best game in ages.
Bosnar 7. Good game and leading the backs well.
Sterjovski 6.5. Mixed bag. Did poorly on their goal and a few sloppy passes but also showed quality on a few occasions.
Hutcho 6. Slow and ponderous but sometimes showed a cool head and helped out the defence.
Caceras 7. Quite good and didn't look out of place but his complete non attempt at a block on drive bys goal really annoyed me.
Fitz 6. Not his best game.
Simon 7. Crazy east Gosso rams style challenge on Hersi in the first half but overall had a good game.
Kim 7. Worked hard tonight and his best game for a while. Clever ball for storm for the Bernie goal.

Subs Bernie 8. MOM. Great work rate and quality finish again. A constant danger.

3pts Bernie.
2pts Rose
1pts Kim, storm Ando, eddy and caceras.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member