• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R4 - Scum vs Mariners (F3 Derby)

Blair

Last night result was what i expected tbh we haven't had a great start and we have been our own worse enemy this season. I think the formation is fine its the structure thats f**king us up.

Zwanny is one of the biggest loses we have ever had imo his guidance (to trent especially) and passing at the back is really only now showing us how good a player he really was!!!! (i know we all thought is was good) The passing between Justin Trent And Zac is terrible real bad especially zac great defender but cant hit a pass for his life its the foundation of the whole team if u can't withstand the pressing then its going to put pressure on everyone especially Hutch and Monty they had to drop really far back to give them a opinion which left a massive gap between the front and back we had no link between the two.

Macca going to make a massive difference our play is to go wide to Weemac and Fitzy and cross it into the ST and duke is not as good in the air as Macca.

We will be ok its a long season and were got 5 new player all settling in.

true believer

our problem, as I see it. is in the 3 attacking midfielders with micky ,flores and fitz .we lack physical presence
2 weeks in a row once simon and sterjo got on the park.the tide turned.
I think the rethink that's needed is at the start duke on the right and macka,matty or sterjo up front

Roy Law

. i hope that is not the case ... i'd prefer arnie shows the same philosophy which has served him well with his 'young guns' over the last few years ... confidence and support

. and i would hope that pasfield takes that opportunity with both hands (pun partly intended) ... has a shave and starts afresh

. oh and roy ... what do you think about the standard of refereeing? :p;)
Don't ask :mad:;) *
I think you may have hit on the answer - get a shave Pasfield, get a shave! :innocent:

*old music hall joke

dibo

Didn't need a mega, I'm used to shredding my throat to bits when we go up there. Have not been allowed a mega in there for as long as I can rememeber. Drum would've been nice but I only found out we weren't going to have one about 5 minutes into the game.

Travelling support was fantastic for the most part last night, cheers to all who got involved.
Only problem was we were loud at the back and loud at the front, and there was no way of keeping them in time with one another. On songs that are 'led', maybe we need a second capo for the back of the bay so you can both keep your ends in time with the other.

ballantyne

Last night we SWITCHED to 4-4-2, we did not start that way. The opposition watch videos of us, you know, so 4-4-2 is only going to succeed when you pull it out of the hat.
We were never going to bang 3 goals past them then sit back and defend, that's nonsense. We're managing 1.5 goals per game at the moment and we're not fully fit and have a lot of new players. We're simply not going 3-0 up early in an away game at the moment.
Newcastle are not woeful - they are young and have heaps of potential. For woeful, see Sydney.
Our problems are in the centre of defence, and we are leaking goals like mad. A recent piece on Leopold Method described how a clean sheet always earns you at least a point, and on average 2.735 points. The team that wins the league usually earns more points from clean sheets than the the total points earned by the spooners. The team that concedes the least goals comes first or second. 2 points per round will usually win you the league.
So, going two down is our problem.
BTW isn't it fantastic to finally have a penalty taker. Marcos is ice-cool. 4 out of 4. Remember when we couldn't score one from 5?
Great game, football was the winner.

FFC Mariner

Agree, us at the back couldn't always hear the chants. Having said that, that's the best we have been away for a long, long time. Good numbers and even the people sitting got involved and knew the chants.

I left with my throat in tatters so that's a sign of a good derby.

Gratis

midfield diamond was great in seasons past and useful to switch to now but not so effective against teams like Brisbane which is one of the reasons for the change to 4231, that and a change in personnel. being able to play both this season will be very very handy.

eenfish

midfield diamond was great in seasons past and useful to switch to now but not so effective against teams like Brisbane which is one of the reasons for the change to 4231, that and a change in personnel. being able to play both this season will be very very handy.

I don't think we quite have the men for a diamond TBH. Sure, Wee-Mac can play on the wing, but Fitz is much more of a going-forward guy and yeah, sure, Rose and Roux can push forward (and this is where Roux is most strong at), I dunno if it'd be as useful as last time. That said, I don't mind being proven wrong and it very well work.

Would be real good getting two strikers on the pitch. We have so much strike force, all the beautiful tall blondes going forward...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred