• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 11 - 2015/2016

Capt. Awesome

Mitch Austin Confirmed

MITCH AUSTIN IS IN. ARE YOU IN?

We are excited to announce to our MEMBERS FIRST, that the Central Coast mariners have secured a new signing for the Hyundai A-League 2015/16 Season!

Tony Walmsley has added more venom to his front third in signing 24-year-old Australian attacker Mitch Austin from English side Cambridge United FC on a two-year deal.

Austin will arrive on the Central Coast in early July and have the advantage of joining the Mariners for a full pre-season when the first team returns from end of season leave.

Austin headed to the UK after being spotted by Rotherham United as a youngster playing for Manly United and now has the chance to return to Australia and prove himself in the Hyundai A-League after several loan spells.

MAisIN-v3.jpg

Standing over six foot tall, Austin is an imposing figure and Walmsley is excited to have him at his attacking disposal for the upcoming season after appearing on his radar during his Head of Recruitment role at Sheffield United.

“I’ve known Mitch since being in the UK, one of my jobs at Sheffield was to track young Australians,” Walmsley said. “Now moving back to the Mariners it’s important to understand how good young Aussies are playing,” he said.

“With the Visa restrictions in the A-League and the new model we’re putting in place, Mitch is someone that fits that profile; a young Aussie talent with embedded potential that we can expose to the global market.

“Mitch has got incredible pace and great athletic ability, he’s six foot one so he immediately contributes some physical requirements we are looking for. He can go down the outside of players, has an excellent cross and gives us genuine width on the left hand side.

“He’s done some real hard yards and that helps shape a young player. The A-League is going to be demanding, but it’s going to give him a chance to shine and we believe he can play at a higher level,” Walmsley said.

Austin can’t wait for Season 11 of the Hyundai A-League where he hopes to be in Walmsley’s starting 11 come round one and the Manly junior thinks he can draw from his experiences in the UK to become a contributor in attack.

“I’d like to cement a place in the first 11, obviously it’s a longer pre-season to what I’m used to so I want to do well in the pre-season and hopefully I’ll be in the side and ready to run out,” Austin said.

“Over there you are fighting for wins every single week, I’m used to taking a touch and getting smashed so I’ve gained a lot from that and I’m now quicker on the ball,” he said.

“I’m naturally a left footed player so left wing is my main position, I’m quite quick, a decent crosser of the ball and hopefully I can chip in with a few goals also.

“Every game (in the A-League) is live in the UK so I’ve watched quite a bit of it, so I can’t wait to have a crack and it’s a great opportunity for myself to show what I can do,” Austin said.

JoyfulPenguin

Seems quick, strong and a good dribbler attributes definitely needed for the A-League. His crossing doesn't seem to be the strongest part of his game though and while he did miss most of the long range shots he had it is good that he is fearless enough to take them on.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
his got a rough idea where the back of the net is ....get his targeting sorted and he might turn out half decent

JoyfulPenguin

I personally don't rate him, just seemed like a bit of a thug and never really contributed anything going forward. I'd prefer Safuwan Baharudin who was a standout while he was at Melbourne City especially the couple of games he was put on at Defensive Mid. Scored two pretty impressive goals if I remember correctly as well from what I've seen of him I'd think he's better than La Rocca and would most likely be willing to come on the cheap as well.

JoyfulPenguin

Out of the players dropped from A-League clubs the players I'd pick would be (and I think would be attainable):
Safuwan Baharudin looked good when I ever I saw him at Melbourne City at Right Back, Centre Back or Defensive Mid.

Kerem Bulut is a bit insane but has a fair bit of skill.

Billy Celeski didn't get much of a chance with the Jets but his previous stints in the A-League have shown class.

Nathan Coe/Ante Covic would be good for putting pressure on Reddy and they are both good keepers in there own rights.

Mate Dugandzic hasn't been the same player since he broke his leg but could come right with a move to a different environment.

Rostyn Griffiths in my opinion the best Australian defensive midfielder in the A-League at the moment.

Tomi Juric if he finds no deals in Asia/Europe he could be an option.

Nick Kalmar would be a good back up for Anthony Caceres

Adrian Madaschi was the Heart's best ever centre back when he came for a short stint a few years back was terrible with the Jets but basically everyone was.

Iain Ramsey was comically bad at the Heart but if a left sided left winger is wanted he is the only aussie on the market...

Allan Welsh seemed like a good young player while he was at the Jets and did a good job at Centre Back and Right Back.

pjennings

Rostyn I would have back in a minute. Arnie actually bought him in as a CB so he can cover that too. At RB I would be interested in Gethin Jones a Perth born Everton youngster.

MagpieMariner

Don't know about Coe, but I'd bet Covic wouldn't stand for being backup to anybody.
As for Bulut, we have a "no dickheads" policy here, and he would undoubtedly fail it.
We'd love to have Griff back, but I don't think we'd have a hope of getting him. He'd be far too expensive now.

JoyfulPenguin

Don't know about Coe, but I'd bet Covic wouldn't stand for being backup to anybody.
As for Bulut, we have a "no dickheads" policy here, and he would undoubtedly fail it.
We'd love to have Griff back, but I don't think we'd have a hope of getting him. He'd be far too expensive now.
Ah okay even if there was no such policy I personally wouldn't like Bulut coming to the club I support he's a tad too insane but there can be no denying he does have skill. Would Griffiths be too expensive? He wasn't a marquee at Perth and is surely just looking for another club that could provide the same amount of cash which we could provide within the salary cap. It's also interesting hearing about James Holland not being sure where to go next could tender him an offer you never know what could happen!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred